Submission to the SANFL re lost zoned territory

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Submission to the SANFL re lost zoned territory

Post by Ben W on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:09 pm

From today's Sunday Mail,

"SOUTH Adelaide has formally presented a proposal to the SANFL to reclaim some lost territory relating to zoning. - The way it was put to me, the Panthers have something like 20 fewer clubs in their combined city and country zones than any other SANFL club. South is keen for a few Southern League and Hills League clubs to come under the Panther banner".

Hope the SANFL are listening, if they are not, I hope that it goes before the Supreme court and is vigourously dealt with by the club. We get absolutely shafted by the SANFL in terms of player participation and numbers to draw on, the sooner its made to be actually even the better.

It was good enough for the SANFL to push us out of our area at St Marys and hand it to neighbouring clubs - no other club has been pushed out of their home ground, although Sturts area keeps expanding into the hills, you never see the SANFL pushing them out of the Unley area and handing it to Glenelg, instead they give Blackwood to West Adelaide, an area no more local to West than it was to Sturt, giving them Hawthorn might have been more like it.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Submission to the SANFL re lost zoned territory

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:27 pm

This has been an issue for quite a while. It is very clear that while we have a huge area that is supposed to have footballers growing on trees it is in fact football wise very poor with very ordinary participation rates.
I believe the club would like to regain some of the territory it has lost in recent years, namely Hallett Cove and parts of Reynella , Flagstaff Hill and Happy Valley.
It is great news that the club is bringing this issue to the SANFL at last , however I feel that the way the SANFL commission is structured currently ,we may be up against it a bit. A quick look at the delegates names sees a very strong contingent from West Adelaide sitting on the SANFL commission and they along with our good friends at Glenelg have the most to lose should any boundary changes be mooted. Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:26 am

with ya Ben W - it's criminal that the SANFL have turned a blind eye to this. Why South even have to present to the Commission just to get what all other clubs have begger belief - so wonder footy in this state is struggling
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum