Round 14 - Port v South

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 14 - Port v South

Post by Choaty on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:57 am

3 challenges this week.
1) Win at Alberton (last seen under some guy called Jack?!)
2) Win 2 in a row (last done under some guy called Pyman!)
3) Win away from home (well, I don't think I was there for it...)

If the guys bring the attitude that saw them win last week, the law of averages should tip in our favor ticking all three of those boxes. A win puts us potentially into the 5, a loss puts us out of touch by a game and a half...

Roll call mofos?!!!!!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14 - Port v South

Post by saintal on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:39 am

Just on challenge number 2- we manage to pull that off under Jack, winning the first 3 games under him, each by about a kick from memory!

Should be a cracker. Will watch the afl movements with great interest this week. Half a chance we'll get McKernan, but could lose Mackay or Talia. Port in a similiar situation.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:32 pm

I'll be there, pretty big game for the club this one.A win here and we right in the thick of it , with a chance of playing finals.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:32 pm

MacKay hasn't done enough after being out of the game for so long, another 3 matches with us before he gets the nod, Talia, I'm not sure if he has done enough to warrant a selection at AFL level just yet. McKernan will more than likely come back to us, which makes them all good AFL choices for the Panthers
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:09 pm

the prowler wrote:MacKay hasn't done enough after being out of the game for so long, another 3 matches with us before he gets the nod, Talia, I'm not sure if he has done enough to warrant a selection at AFL level just yet. McKernan will more than likely come back to us, which makes them all good AFL choices for the Panthers

hope you're right!!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 pm

saintal wrote:Just on challenge number 2- we manage to pull that off under Jack, winning the first 3 games under him, each by about a kick from memory!

Of course... How could I forget? Still have my "on the attack with Jack" sticker on my beer fridge in the shed!
Still, was a bloody long time between drinks for back to back wins. Law of averages and our form against WWT will hopefully change that this week!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:49 pm

Clearly we see what we want to see, yet I saw last week a South Adelaide team that played some high quality footy and knocked off a top three side as a result, Alberton is never an easy ask, yet I do feel we can do the job needed on the Maggies. Time for the club to take it to the next level and win one away.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:31 am

ah the old on the attack with jack sticker, i remember having a tough time trying to get that one off my car, me and a mate had a personal joke after that that we were "hunting prey with clay"
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:28 am

Clay would have loved that one
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:55 pm

F: Cockshell Wundke Rolfe
HF: Brown McKernan McLeod
C: Carey Daniel Cook
HB: Stribling Thewlis Cross
B: Richman Crabb Horne
Foll: Bass Murphy Liddle
Int: Brooksby Gotch Perrey Turner Sandery

Outs: Talia McKay (Crows)
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:51 pm

side looking good on paper, especially the forward line. Massive game for both clubs so should be an absolute cracker, looking forward to it
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Added bonus of Maric, Ebert and Banner all named in the Crows/Power side...

Last edited by Choaty on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:52 pm

So much for my thoughts on MacKay and Talia, was right on McKernan
Just hope Ronnie keeps Cocky at CHF all day, and settle the side down.

see you all on Saturday.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:05 pm

the prowler wrote:So much for my thoughts on MacKay and Talia, was right on McKernan
Just hope Ronnie keeps Cocky at CHF all day, and settle the side down.

see you all on Saturday.

Couldn't agree more with you on all points.
Our line up looks okay and with an attitude like last week they will make us proud. I reckon that Uncle Ron's been trying to grow a bit of confidence among the group that can get us over the line.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Choaty wrote:3 challenges this week.
1) Win at Alberton
2) Win 2 in a row
3) Win away from home

If the guys bring the attitude that saw them win last week, the law of averages should tip in our favor ticking all three of those boxes...

Include another televised win, and I'd say we ticked 4 boxes today.
Well played lads... Well played!!!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by westwing on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:46 pm

You bloody ripper!!!! Very Happy cheers
westwing

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:32 pm

Will be phoning the ABC on Mon for a copy of that one! A huge step forward to win one away and especially at a ground where we have a very poor record.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:10 pm

To defeat Port at alberton does it get any better through the minor round
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:42 pm

What a great win, will go down as won of our best winning performances for a long, long, time.

To knock off the magpies at anytime is a terrific feeling, to do it at Alberton, is as good as a Grand Final feeling.

Unfortunately I missed today's game, but caught most of it on the TV.

No, I didn't squib if because of the rain, I have been spending a bit of time with my brother-in-law who is biding his time in the Modbury Hospice, which we have spent many a time watching South/ Magpie games at Alberton or where ever they are played.

the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:06 pm

Well a great day to be a southee today, it has to be said.
All players gave us 4 quarters of what we would like to see week in week out, a really great effort against an opposition that needed the win as much as we did.12 wins at Alberton in 120 yrs says it all but today we had players who busted a gut for the guernsey especially when it looked like we were gone halfway through the third quarter.I'm very,very proud to say I'm a southee and we can all walk a bit taller this week eh?
Loved Wundke and Cocky up forward, with Rolfy cleaning up the scraps. Our midfield was great, Lids,Cross and Stribs were fantastic, Carey was great today as well. Down back, crabby, Mitch and Thewlis were desperate and resolute and I thought Mckernan was great as well.
This week is a big test- Central are truely the measuring stick and will go in favourite but! if we bring 4 quarters of the committment we have seen in the last 2 weeks from all of the boys I honestly believe we can take the points.
GO PANTHERS!!!!!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:11 pm

NOTE : My post from SAFooty...just edited it a bit. Wink

Liddle was outstanding today. Seems to have hit a bit of form in the last few weeks. Thewlis, Crabb down back held it up well and "frustrating" Harder.
Wundke great up foward and accurate. McKernan played a vital role in the ruck and will probably get a recall with a soild performance. He seems to really enjoy it at South and unlike some AFL players going back to their clubs (like some Port players today)- always puts in 100%.
Cross, Rolfe, Daniel, Stribling all solid in their performance......and a mention to Adam Cockshell - it was great to see him back into some form again. He needs to play CHF.

I thought we were too quick for Port. Even though we were down at 3/4 time I still have a belief we would run Port to the ground with speed. Younger side and looked alot more fit then Port.

A great win from South and very well coached by Fuller. This week with Centrals at home will be a huge test.
For Port to beat Westies last week by plenty and South to come out and knock Port off....its a massive confidence boast for the young group. Lets hope we make it 3 in a row.

Stick together guys......the lows are low but tonight the highs feel sooooooooooooo good!!! I love this feeling!!
cheers
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:23 pm

what a fantastic team effort & the self belief is starting to show and what better place to do it than Alberton. Its great to see Ron show his confidence in the boys and know as you are watching that they will fight to the end.
Now if we can just show that same attitude & endeavour this week .... Very Happy

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:55 am

How good was that!

Two weeks now we've been challenged by the opposition, & the team has shown great character.

No doubt these results are instilling a greater sense of belief within the playing group.

Fantastic also to also to finally receive some respect; It makes you feel so proud, when after years of jibes, ribbing & belittling, when your rival supporter mates, actually give some recognition.

Have always been in this for the long haul.....results like this just make it so worth while.

Next week a very tough game, but an opportunity to continue our good form.

Come on boys........we're all behind you!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:44 am

Its reasonable to expect that South will struggle with Central this week at home, yet I am reminded at the start of the season of an interview that held on 5AA with Malcolm Blight on the subject of the Gold Coast Suns, a club Blight is one of the staff at. They kept pushing Blight with the question - "Can the GC make the finals in their first season"? "Can they finish in Eighth Spot"? The great man eventually responds with "Why put a cap on it"? What Blight suggested was that the GC have the capacity to do anything on any given day.

What is expected of SA this season. Most of us would likely agree that we want to see improvement which we have already seen in our win loss ratio. I want to see this club go all the way, yet as we said before its each week at a time. Central are a class act as a club and they win games on other teams turning over the ball under pressure, that is the reason why the other sides in the SANFL go wanting when they play them. That is the benchmark that we have to equal and better. The encouraging sign from this club is that we are moving the ball in a more cleaner fashion than at any time since 2006, not letting Central in to pick up easy possessions is the way to beat them, its fairly obvious what the next step is for us to do in order to get the chocolates three times in a row. Like Blight and the GC, why put a cap on what this club can do. Back in our Senior Coach and keep the club focused on effectively dealing with the issues like the standard of our feeder clubs and so on and we can all do the job one week at a time.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum