The elephant in the room....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The elephant in the room....

Post by danny del re on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:31 pm

While we are certainly enjoying the recent good form of our league side, I wonder if anyone has any comments on the performance of our U/18 team this season?
i reckon its a real concern that they are being flogged week in week out.What are the reasons, what are the answers..?
danny del re

Back to top Go down

Re: The elephant in the room....

Post by the prowler on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Not being any closer to the scene that you are Ddr, my only thoughts are that the junior talent in our area is a long way behind the development levels that are needed, or the better talented lads are not interested in representing South Adelaide.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:48 pm

Last week it was our poor crowds now this! Winning just doesn't sit comfortably does it. Have a look at who the better players are in the league team. Very few from zone. Our zone is crap and going by what's on another thread it does seem the club is doing something about it.
Has anyone got any topic suggestions for next week if we knock off central? Perhaps when's club going to move grandstand?
12 times in history we've won at Alberton let's enjoy it.
Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Nothing was said about not enjoying the week that follows our win at Alberton.

The comment that was initially made was about the poor form of our junior team, and how can it be fast tracked.

If you are only happy with the Senior team winning, then my friend you are part of the problem.

The people who are looking after those areas are doing the best they can under the direction of our Club coach, he is working with them, they are working with him, of which we all understand it will take some time.

Until we can get our junior program securely in place, we will have to go to other places, to other clubs, over the border, to where ever it is necessary for us to become a competitive unit.

I am looking forward to host Centrals next Sunday and send them back up north dragging their tails behind them.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:38 pm

To be honest I don't disagree with the point raised. Just why bring it up today. Think Ron and club are on to it but not easy fix it seems. Would have preferred to be analysing Rolfeys talent for example. It's been pretty tough the last couple of years so don't want anything bringingor me down. Looking forward to work for second monday in a row.
Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by danny del re on Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Handball Happy wrote:Last week it was our poor crowds now this! Winning just doesn't sit comfortably does it. Have a look at who the better players are in the league team. Very few from zone. Our zone is crap and going by what's on another thread it does seem the club is doing something about it.
Has anyone got any topic suggestions for next week if we knock off central? Perhaps when's club going to move grandstand?
12 times in history we've won at Alberton let's enjoy it.

Fine. sorry I mentioned it obviously not an issue.
danny del re

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:37 pm

To danny del re to me this is a issue like you i take a very much interest in all grades i go and watch all grades if i can. Ive allways said its the water up south all our good players are midfield type of players and it makes it very hard when you dont have big tall blokes that can take a good mark or two. Im sure if we still had flagstaff hill and happy valley in our zone we would be much stronger i think it was a joke these suburds were taken of us to make west adelaide stronger. Its good to know the club is trying to make a issue with the sanf with our zones. Its about time we were on a level playing field with all clubs
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:46 am

if the under 18's attacked the ball like they attack the salad bar at jimmie deanes after training on a thursday night they would be top of the table for sure
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:47 am

well put paul. from what i can see, ronny, jason etc are doing all they can, but while our club has something like 90 less junior teams in it than glenelg, then it would not matter what the club or coaches are doing, they're going to be pushing shite up hill all day long. I understand the board are pushing the commission on the matter and may even take legal action to get a equal share if that's what needs to be done. don't think we can ask for much more than that.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:17 am

ryan wrote:if the under 18's attacked the ball like they attack the salad bar at jimmie deanes after training on a thursday night they would be top of the table for sure

LOL Very Happy Very Happy

Clearly we havent got the cattle on the ground in our zone and something has to change re zones and boundaries ,it seems the club realises it has a problem and is in the midst of doing something about it.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:04 pm

As has been stated above we clearly have an issue and action is being taken over it, hopefully we will know the outcome of it fairly soon, dont be surprised if the response from the SANFL is to ask members of the SAFC if the letters F O mean anything to them however...

The SANFL happilly ripped the guts out of this club on more than one occasion and have set back our junior development programmes as a result, for it to change they would have to admit that they were wrong and the only way I think its likely to chance is either through court action or hopefully the threat of it.

The other area though that I feel that we as a club have to have a look at is our Junior through to U21 Coaching Clinics. My thoughts are that over Summer we need to offer a clinic to mature aged players. If they are good enough to join South thats great, if we can improve their game and they go back to our zoned clubs as better footballers we win a second time with their sides being strengthend. I think we need to look at contracting some ex AFL players to run these clinics at our cost for a trial and see how we go and then sit down and consider if its something worth continuing.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum