[ 15 ]
11% 11% 
[ 2 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 18

Clash Jumper

Post by the prowler on Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:53 pm

We have seen the clash jumper used on a few occasions this season, what are your thoughts on it and has it improved the presentation of football.

Last edited by the prowler on Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Re: Clash Jumper

Post by the prowler on Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:57 pm

I can see how the clash jumper has helped improve our footy, we can now pick up our team mates easier when packs form which helps us keep control of the ball, on another point, I do like it when the Umpires wear their green tops, this colour should be introduced to all umpires from next season
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:01 pm

I'm a fan.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:49 pm

Well for a start, I can see the practicalities of a clash jumper against sides with similar jumpers to ours.
However ,call me a fossil,call me old fashioned, go for your life! but why should the safc change jumpers when we are the oldest present day club in the league. let the others change- I'm with Eddie McGuire on this!!!!
Port who are the poor cousin of the sanfl, the team that every sanfl club has provided financial assistance to over the last few years ,do not have a clash jumper- let them wear magenta or pink- why do we have to change???
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:50 am

if they keep the firm of the last two weeks up, I don;t care if they wear purple with pink pokadots
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:43 pm

With blue shorts it's a real beauty, with white shorts it's all too washed out. Iám a bit with blueandwhite in not changing our jumper at all, but if we can wear the blue shorts with it then no worries from me. Having said that i would like the SA logo bigger and higher up the jumper as per the 1980's, (maybe next year when the premiership team photo's are taken! Very Happy)
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Has it made any difference, reluctantly I would have to say that it probably has!

Like the socks if that is any help! Not a big fan of the jumper though!

I hope that despite the new one that the club will still consider getting out the Hooped style premiership jumper of the club that looks much like what Geelong wear for a run at some stage!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roger ramjet on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:58 pm

I like the clash jumper and i particularly like the hoop socks, not sure if its just me but i think the players look bigger . ( a bit of extra size never goes astray )

For many years i thought we've had sides that could beat most and for some reason fallen short . ( wonder if the jumper has something to do with it )

If we keep winning i dont care what jumper we wear !

Well done to all the players and coaching staff on a great win against Port in trying conditions .
roger ramjet

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum