This week's league team:

F: Cockshell Wundke Rolfe
HF: Brown Daniel Horne
C: Carey Gotch Cook
HB: Stribling McKernan Cross
B: Thewlis Crabb Sandery
Foll: Bass Murphy Liddle
Int from: Lyons Richman Redigolo Perrey Turner

Who's up for some double blue on their fork?
I'll be at Dog Shite Park with bells on...

Roll Call mofos? Twisted Evil
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 16 - South v Sturt

Post by DOC on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:16 am

Where is Brent McLeod?. Not playing, not listed ias injured?
DOC

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:05 am

DOC wrote:Where is Brent McLeod?. Not playing, not listed ias injured?

named in the 2's DOC. Cool
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:19 am

Kicked 3 there last week and named in best players. Thought he might be back.
Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Could not be there today as my daughter is ill, very very much enjoyed listening to it though!

South 18.10.118
Sturt 13.11.89

M.Wundke 8, Daniel 4, Horne 2
Duldig 4, McIntyre, J.Wundke 2

Plenty more to say but want to go and celebrate!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:34 pm

Great four quarter effort today, struggling to think of one passenger in the side. I thought everyone was on the same page today. Great to see Cocky in some form, as with Rolfey, Lyons, Mitch and even Cooky on top of the usual suspects in Horne, Lids, Stribling, Cross, Crabby and Thewlis. Wundke was amazing up forward, reckon he only missed one all day for his 8 goals, not to mention the 2 or 3 he unselfishly gave off.
Gees, I reckoned I named 3/4 of the side there!
Was a great game to watch too, with both sides on the attack for most of the game... Thought the umpiring was one of the better games I've seen this season.
All in all, great to get the Unley hoodoo off our back, equal 4th on the ladder, and 2 points of confidence for the team.

I missed presentations tonight, but very keen to hear Ron's thoughts on the win if anyone was there?
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Very pleased with the clubs recruiting this season, Wundke came to club looking for a different role and clearly has found it, Daniel spent most of the season in Woodvilles reserves and has shown that he to has made good use of his opportunity.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:59 pm

A very good win, great to see the guys get up after a pretty even first half.I think I could used to this winning thing.... Laughing
Wundke was fantastic up forward, a great effort and pretty unselfish as well. I thought Lyons was pretty good on his return from a spell in the 2's. Stribling and Liddle ,Cross and Horne were great and the stoppages and Daniel and Rolfe were great opportunists up forward.
Really impressed with Cocky and his recent move up forward. He is a difficult matchup for any opposition side and if he is not marking it his presence and competitiveness brings the likes of Rolfe, and Daniel into the game giving us a pretty potent looking forward line.
A good win but a few injuries to Gotch and McKernan are a worry,Ron Fuller apparently on report and a big game v Norwood next Sunday and a chance to give a better showing than the debacle at Norwood earlier in the year.
GO PANTHERS!!! cheers
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Interesting to see Ron has been reported for using offensive language towards Deboy at 3/4 time...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/fuller-report-sours-south-win/story-e6freckc-1226095940121

Nick Murphy actually spoke with the umpires also before returning to the 3/4 time huddle. Moments before, a Sturt mark was awarded 5 meters out from goal AFTER the siren had blown and time had been called. The goal was kicked and there was a bit of a scuffle. Obviously didn't make a difference in the end, but things were a little heated for a while there!

I was standing right near that.....the siren did go. I would of hated to lose by less than 6 points....I would have gone nuts!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Think its actually a good thing that Ron is showing some passion for the jumper, even if it resulted in a report being made. South spout on every season about what great profits they have made, I hardly think its going to be a problem to take care of any fines made, if they suspend him then that is not so great, but we will cope, - Ex Coach John Reid could always be available to take the side, he seems to be okay with reviewing various SANFL clubs!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Great day.

Really good game to watch. Tight all day but South had the legs and desire to win in the last 1/4. Way to quick for Sturt.

Cockshell fantastic all day. Liddle was outstanding....fearless and picked up plenty of the ball. Stribling, Cross, Thewlis all played well.
Wundke played a blinder with 8 goals......could have got more but did some very unselfish play and set up goals for team mates.
Really like Richman .....local lad who has a big future ahead of him. Some very good contests at the ball.

I was a bit worried when McKerran got injured that Cockshell would have to go into the ruck and lose the CHF position. Bass came in and helped out doing a commendable job.

South are very good at pressuring the opposition for them to turnover the ball. Something I can see this year as a HUGE improvement.

Sturt I thought started real well and thought the worst at the start but to South's credit they came back fighting.

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:58 pm

Panther74 wrote:Sturt I thought started real well and thought the worst at the start but to South's credit they came back fighting.

It is awesome to see South playing four quarters of footy, our capacity with sheer speed and to run the ball for four quarters clearly caused Norman some problems today!

As much as I don't want to see him go, Bass has to get the call up sooner or later, he has steadily improved and some game time in the AFL would not hurt him to go to the next level, its hardly as if Port are going to make the finals anyway!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:58 pm

Just read Ron found guilty but good to see he will be able to coach this week. I reckon he should have been given a medal for showing remarkable restraint. Only one f word. What has the game come to in getting reported for that.
Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:16 am

What is the world coming to?
Found guilty and reprimanded for dropping the f bomb in a moment of frustration.

The umpires were clearly unable to discern the holding the man/holding the ball interpretation -showing inconsistency that bordered on being comical. Despite there being 3 of them prancing around the ground-often patting themselves on the bottom...? none of them managed to get themselves into a position to see and pay several clear marks to Adam Cockshell. They seem to be quite meticulous and thorough however when it comes to reporting someone who is a little perturbed by there incompetency. Evil or Very Mad
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum