(9th) panthers 15.6.96

def

(1st) Glenleg 11.12.78

Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Re: South smash the Bays

Post by the prowler on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Music to my ears.

Couldnt make it to the Bay today, had the day inside after carrying the dreaded Logie all week.

Certainly all this good news will make me bounce back even stronger.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:25 pm

ORGASMIC.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:32 am

My safooty post:

Very, very average game for 3 quarters. In the last, McKernan sparked South early with a couple of contested marks and goals, the centre clearances were one way traffic (32-15 overall in clearances), and the Bays simply turned to mush. South wanted it more, and won the majority of the 50-50 contests.

One bloke that was flown under the radar this year has been the skipper, but I thought he was magnificent today.

Bit harder to pick other better players as there were few consistent contributors, but McKernan's last quarter was huge and back line boys of Crabb, Thewlis, Sandery and the unlikely Veide deserve a mention. Cross and Liddle had plenty of it as per usual. Pleasing to win without Wundke having to kick half a dozen.

Some bewildering umpiring as is the norm. OK with the holding the ball rule, but a few other odd calls.

Great to see other results fall our way with Port and Westies gettting done.

Next game on Aug 20th Mad

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:34 am

Some remarkable results in the other grades, particularly the Under 18s Very Happy

When was the last time we did the clean sweep?!

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:52 am

How good do we feel guys???

Bloody awesome day beating the mob down the hill.

Im so happy!! Very Happy

Huge day for the club.....keep it up and believe and you never know whats next!!! Wink
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradise Panther on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:24 pm

Fantastic win. Thought Murphy was best from where I was, seemed to have it on a string. Thewlis really poised in the back half particularly when the bays were pressing. Midfielders were solid and were often given first use by Bass and Brooksby who's tapwork looks to improve with every game. Wish we were playing next week but have to wait for 3 weeks.
Paradise Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:56 pm

blueandwhite wrote:ORGASMIC.

well I'm over the aforementioned now,at last.

Is there a better feeling than knocking off your most despised foe and leaving them scratching their collective heads? Wasnt that last quarter fantastic? The only noise coming from Snouts Hill was the gentle late afternoon sea breeze gently rustling the leaves of the nearby trees!!

A really great win after a real arm wrestle for three quarters. I thought the skill errors in the middle 2 quarters were embarrassing for 2 sides in the five, however it was South who emerged after 3/4 time full of running using the middle of the ground to put intense pressure on the Bays defence. McKernan who struggled to get a touch before 3/4 time dominated the first 5 mins. of the last quarter, and showed when he applies himself what he is capable of. Our mid field group- Murph, Stribling, Liddle,Cross, Gotch and co are statistically anyway, the clearance kings of the sanfl. Bass and Brooksby got them first use of the ball more often then not. However I thought the best player for us was Josh Thewlis ,he is having his best year since joining South. Often assigned a much bigger player, he breaks even in the air but cleans up exquisitely when the ball hits the deck. His pace and skills are something to behold- just as long as he remembers to keep away from nail guns.....! Cool

Unfortunately we have a fortnight off before meeting West at Hickinbotham.This is a must win for us ( to secure a finals spot) and probably even more so for them; If West lose they can say goodbye to their season. We will need to be at our best to get over the line.Lets all get there and support the guys.
Great wins by the 2's and the U/18s as well!!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:35 pm

You Bloody Beauty!

Building some real momentum...
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 am

YI-HAA!!!!! Very Happy Win in all 3 grades against quality opposition, how good does this feel...bloody fantastic that's how!

To CEO Ben, any player at our club who is out of contract at season end, sign em now, after years of suffering we are now on the brink of glory days and ALL these lads need to come along for the journey.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:10 am

What a magnificent last quarter - I thiught we had blown it in the 3rd perhaps sometimes we try too hard. McKernan had been ordinary then set us alight, Murphy led the way as a captain should, Thewlis inspired with his skill and our whole midfield was explosive.

Its been a long time since we can feel so hopeful about the future - sign Uncle Ron for 20 years !!!

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:19 am

Great day Saturday, the last term was the most enjoyable quarter of football i have witnessed in years. I took great pleasure in watching us not just get a win but completely pound them into submission. I even put a bet on before the game and a healthy $3.25 return for the head to head win was just a sweetener!! I hope someone was brave enough to have backed the 39.5+ points win, it was paying about $12 by memory
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:35 pm

Its worth pointing out that South have several on the long term injury list and have lost Talia to the Crows, yet still manage to win matches without those other players, considering this is an excuse that other sides use for why they are not winning I do think it suggests that we are moving up in terms of depth at least on our league list.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:06 pm

A great win against in my opinion are biggest nemesis! I loathe the bays and am over the moon we finally punished a team. If the game had gone on any longer they would have been humiliated!
Not the most skilled of games but by no means the worst i have seen. We dominated the last part of the third quater but missed plenty of chances as the bays did in the second quater.
To win all grades is really pleasing and hopefully shows we are gradually gaining momentum. The pleasing aspect of the league win was there is still plenty of scope for improvement. Ainger kicked eight in the ressies and I hope gets an oppurtunity in the leauge side when we meet westies. Another tall mobile target up forward would see us improve out of sight. to finally see the forward line put enormous pressure on a defence (last quater) was great to see. That must now be the template as it has been our biggest problem all year.If we can mantain the pressure and intensity of the last quater for longer peroids we will win more games than we lose! Bring on the Bloods!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum