Round 20 South v Westies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 20 South v Westies

Post by B&W63 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Looking forward to this week especially since we've got a 3 point buffer in 5th spot but our draw isn't easy however we can control our own destiny !!! Smile
There's a few that think West are closer to a win and if they get a few players back their big blokes will test us. Although I don't feel overconfident I'd have to say our best performance would beat theirs. I hope the boys can remember the game earlier in the year and make amends for that. Embarassed
Not sure whether the rest is good or not but that last quarter against the Bays and the memories of the run home in 2006 inspires me - GO YOU PANTHERS. Laughing

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 20 South v Westies

Post by paul on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:45 pm

when i walked out of richmond oval early in the year i was absolutly gutted it was like watching men play against boys after that performance i thought we'd finish bottom boy have we improved if the other games go our way and we can beat westies ill think we nearly be playing finals its a very big game for both clubs and we need to play 4 quarters
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:07 am

massive match, feels like ages since that great day at the bay, cant wait for this one
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:35 am

One big test is coming off 2 weeks without playing, statistics suggest sides coming of the bye usually lose, we've had a bye then some! Westies played with us last time we met and both teams need to win this one. We must hit the groung running, running and running get early goals, get our confidence up and play hard attacking footy...hell iám biting my fingernails to bits already!

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:29 am

Not sure how it is so but we have won just a smidgeon less than half our games and we are in the five. Didn't expect that this year. We'd probably be a little bit higher if we'd hadn't had to play Centrals, Norwood and Eagles 3 times. Although playing Eagles doesn't seem to scare us.
Can't really believe the improvement in the team, especially given the despair we all felt after Westies game earlier this year.
Win this and I reckon we are pretty close to safe as the Eagles are our bunnies the following week.
It's probably Westies last chance so they'll come out pretty desperate. Will be ugly but don't care as long as we get 2 points.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:23 pm

A win here will make our season and end Westies. Not sure how we'll be coming up after the bizarre"double bye". Is this year the most bizarre draw we've ever seen?
We'll be without McKernan and Talia and I hear Cook did an ankle playing for westies 2's last week...? not sure what he was doing running around there but I thought Bicks would look after us a bit better than that!! I'm sure the westies medical staff were at their most diligent in attending to his injury....... Wink
Definitely not an easy game but we must win. attending this game with my wife- a rabid bloods fan,a panthers victory would be oh so sweet Cool
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:18 pm

team for round 21

F; Brooksby Wundke Horne
HF; Macleod Veide Daniel
C; Gotch Cross Lyons
HB; Stribling Thewils Richman
B; Sandery Crabb Carey
IR; Bass Murphy(c) Liddle

INT; Ainger, Rolfe, Redigolo, Perrey, Cockshell
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:39 pm

The Cupido Cup... So much on the line!!!! C'mon lads!!!!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:08 pm

wowsers.....
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:28 am

Absolute train wreck......Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Jeeze!!! This side makes it hard to follow!!!
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:09 pm

very disappointing performance...
without doubt the 3 week holiday didnt do us much good. The euphoria after the glenelg win had clearly dwindled away by the time the boys hit the ground on Saturday. West were clearly more desperate ,and first to the ball far more often than we were, and that was demonstrated on the scoreboard at the end of the day. We had a few of our shining lights missing in action although Wundke did a great job from poor delivery and limited opportunities.Thewlis although beaten by Hartlett was very good for us ,as usual.

The fortunate thing is, its all in front of us, our destiny is in our hands. We will make the finals if we are good enough, we need 2 wins from our last 3 games . If we can recapture some desperation and form from a few weeks ago we will do it, but it aint going to be easy. Smile
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:21 am

My concern was realised, that bloody 3 week break resulted in loss of match fittness and momentum. Thank goodness for Josh Thewlis and Crabby down back. Adam Cockshell always plays better in ruck and although battled hard as he always does maybe Adam to ruck Ainger CHF. We must forget finals rubbish and play each team on their merits on the day like we have all year, this team is good enough, they have lifted our spirits this year and can still do so.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:36 am

What a stupid time to have 3 weeks off! Our confidence and skills were down and lets face it Norwood and West expose our lack of height in defence. How many times did we kick poorly, not wrap up the tackle or almost take the mark?
What disappointed me most is that we fell out of the game and let them get their run back. We lacked the desperation that keeps the pressure on the opposition which we show when we play really well.
Still wonder if Cockshell could handle CHB, which would Thewlis rebound more.
We have improved a great deal this year, and we have come back after some bad defeats. Yes perhaps it was a bit like old times past, but I'm backing Uncle Ron and the boys to get up for a real hard crack at the next 3 games. bounce

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Really disappointing, yes evident with our track record, we don't handle the breaks too well, but 3 weeks is to the extreme.

Easy to say in hindsight, but always felt uneasy about this game...does the sense of expectation play mind games? Gut wrenching for long time supporters when there was a golden opportunity to almost seal 5th position.

I reckon Ainger's done enough the last couple of games to earn a recall; Having that extra tall as well may give us some extra options froward & back.

Still 3 games to go! We can turn it around starting Friday night...
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Thought we were doomed as soon as I opened up the paper on Saturday morning. Nice article, bad timing.
Disappointing, but not sure West were as bad as their record suggested. Although we were scratchy in first half, we were still in game and thought we would get better as match wore on. Think our players thought that also, and didn't consider actually doing it.
Certainly time to give Ainger a crack, will it be at Cockys expense. He did kick a few against them last time. Oh for a couple of tall defenders. Liddle, Cross and Thewlis were very good again. Heaven help us if they should have a bad day at the moment.
Lets hope the Eagles come down all confident again. Been a while since they have won at Noarlunga.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:47 pm

This game also highlighted Mick Wundke needs more support up forward, he was the only multiple goal scorer.

He's consistently kicking a bag each week, but we also need a spread; If Daniel & Rolfe can get in on the act, we'll go along way kicking a winning score.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum