Panthers v's Roosters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Panthers v's Roosters

Post by Panther74 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 pm

The BIG one guys.....

ROLL CALL?????

I think it has been said "over and over" but this would have to be one of the most important games of the year for us.

Win this and finals look very likely.....lose and could be season.

Hope to see all forum posters out there this week.

I can't wait.....I always have a problem with North after seeing Robert Pyman and players spat at in around 2006 by North supporters above the cricket club.

Its pay back time!!! Very Happy
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Re: Panthers v's Roosters

Post by blueandwhite on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:54 am

Yes will be in attendance- virtually a home game for me.!!
Huge game ,must win- its that simple.

Ah Prospect Oval, where do I begin.....
the north adelaide football club despite having 2 pokie venues, and an elastic salary cap over the years, ie they are flush with cash;, have sought financial assistance from the government and the good folk at the Prospect Council to finance their new gym and clubrooms development. Being a Prospect ratepayer I cannot begin to tell you how thrilled I am about assisting with the finance in this project....... Evil or Very Mad particularly after being abused by the North faithfull at that game in 2006.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:40 am

Last win at the home of "Cocks"..2005. We're due!

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Huge game for us this week, our form at Prospect has been abysmal for a long time, well and truly past time to get a win and move forward, especially if we want to be any part of the SANFL finals this season.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Yep we all have to be there. A win at Prospect is hard enough anytime but we still have to prove ourselves and earn respect let alone what might happen in a few weeks time.
We need to play our best focussed team game with no passengers to win and we all know our best is that.
Looking forward to it - Go you Panthers !! Smile
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:14 am

Gonna bloody miss this one! Have a wedding about 1km away in North Adelaide! Reckon I'll almost be able to hear the score updates if someone yells them out!
Good luck Panthers - Time for a Prospect victory... time for finals...
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Yes, will be venturing to Prospect.

And fired up for a Panther win!

Encourage all the supporters to get out there.

Let's deck the chook oval in blue & white.

And will be nothing better hearing our song ringing over the speakers at last siren.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:52 pm

NA 13.11
SA 12.8

F***. Two nail-biters in a row.

For those who could attend, what happened in the final quarter?!

Port won, so we're out of the 5. MUST beat NWD to be any chance now.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:55 pm

We need to beat Norwood and eagles have to beat port .....I'm so frickin depressed tonight !!!!

Where's the red wine !!!!????

We should have won that but some stupid decisions by a few players probably cost us that game .

Oh to be a south adelaide supporter ...gee we put up with alot ... The footy gods did not like us today Sad

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Thought our endeavour was good, but skills & decision making cost us at crucial times.

What was with the last quarter, did we bother to lift the eyes when going forward?

One that we shouldn't have let slip...
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:10 am

Was working today so couldn't make the game but was getting SMS updates from those in attendance. Was there much in the reports? I heard Stribling's was for tripping but not much in it but that Backwell's was pretty crude. Can anyone provide details?

Is it just me or does it seem that since Josh Francou took over at Prospect that their discipline seems to have gone out the window? I know a couple of players at Prospect and one was "encouraged" by Francou to become a hitman (his words, not mine) and it would seem to fit with the trend of reports.

From the SANFL website:
Rd 2 - C. Alleway - striking (not guilty)
Rd 11 - T. Delvins - front on contact (guilty - reprimand)
Rd 13 - M. Handby - striking (guilty)
- M. Handby - striking (guilty)
- C. Alleway - charging (not guilty)
Rd 15 - C. Alleway - striking (guilty)
- J. Francou - Regulation 15.1.3 (reprimand)
Rd 19 - G. Thring - striking (not guilty)

So that's 8 reports (4 guilty, 3 not guilty and coach reprimanded). Against the league as a whole:

CDFC - 5 reports (2 guilty, 3 not guilty)
NFC - 5 reports (3 & 2)
WWTF - 7 reports (5 & 2)
GFC - 4 reports (3 & 1)
PAFC - 1 report (1 guilty)
SAFC - 2 reports (1 guilty & 1 coach reprimand)
NAFC - 8 reports (4 & 3, 1 coach reprimand)
WAFC - 7 reports (4 & 3)
SFC - 2 reports (1 & 1)

West and North were no surprise given how they've gotten along this season but the Eagles were, even with Parry being suspended twice.
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:14 am

Scoop wrote:Was working today so couldn't make the game but was getting SMS updates from those in attendance. Was there much in the reports? I heard Stribling's was for tripping but not much in it but that Backwell's was pretty crude. Can anyone provide details?

Is it just me or does it seem that since Josh Francou took over at Prospect that their discipline seems to have gone out the window? I know a couple of players at Prospect and one was "encouraged" by Francou to become a hitman (his words, not mine) and it would seem to fit with the trend of reports.

From the SANFL website:
Rd 2 - C. Alleway - striking (not guilty)
Rd 11 - T. Delvins - front on contact (guilty - reprimand)
Rd 13 - M. Handby - striking (guilty)
- M. Handby - striking (guilty)
- C. Alleway - charging (not guilty)
Rd 15 - C. Alleway - striking (guilty)
- J. Francou - Regulation 15.1.3 (reprimand)
Rd 19 - G. Thring - striking (not guilty)

So that's 8 reports (4 guilty, 3 not guilty and coach reprimanded). Against the league as a whole:

CDFC - 5 reports (2 guilty, 3 not guilty)
NFC - 5 reports (3 & 2)
WWTF - 7 reports (5 & 2)
GFC - 4 reports (3 & 1)
PAFC - 1 report (1 guilty)
SAFC - 2 reports (1 guilty & 1 coach reprimand)
NAFC - 8 reports (4 & 3, 1 coach reprimand)
WAFC - 7 reports (4 & 3)
SFC - 2 reports (1 & 1)

West and North were no surprise given how they've gotten along this season but the Eagles were, even with Parry being suspended twice.

It's fair to say that North under Francou have changed their mind set and game plan..... Rolling Eyes ... both incidents yesterday will probably result in suspensions- unfortunately from my point of view the incident involving Stribs didnt look good..but its about time the tribunal did us a favour for once.

We really did have a crack yesterday but at crucial times, particularly in the last quarter we suffered from poor skills and poor decision making. it really seemed we were very conscious of going direct to Wundke ,who on most occasions had 2 players to beat.(Gallman was loose in defence and did a great job of filling the space in front of him) There were several occasions where there were other options available.

Bitterly disappointed today and a touch shabby as well; drowned my sorrows last night....drank 6 pints at Prospect Oval with a couple of Rooster pals after the game, watched the North presentations, before staggering home and demolishing a bottle of red..... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad pale pale
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:40 pm

A dissapointing result, South have a very poor record at Prospect and when it was there to be won we went missing yet again.

Still we have Norwood next week and clearly its all about next season, time for several on our side to show why they should get another season next year. Put in a soft effort next week and I wont be surprised if "no longer required" letters go out in the post in the days to follow. There is no point in keeping players that are not up to the standard required. Wundke and Stribling both took the step up this season and there are plenty more where they came from.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:58 am

Ben, no player who played league for South this year will get "no longer required" letter and nor will or should the club turn over its list as you continually suggest. This team is young and starting to get used to playing together, we will loose players to the AFL draft this year, some players(ressies mainly) may move to lesser grades and with 18 AFL clubs where are we going to get all these ideal additional players? Goodness knows we have trouble in our own zones due to pitiful SANFL boundry allocation. Every player who has represented our club this year at league level offers us plenty to look forward to, cutting them will not be considered, further development will continue to see our club improve.
As for the North result....can't type.....crying......
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:18 am

Yes disappointing result but the difference now is that some of our decision making cost us not our endeavour. We've all waited a long time for success its hard to be patient.

Its a young team and we need a couple of big players and a little dose of confidence and self belief. We're not quite there yet but regardless of next week and whether Uncle Ron gives a couple their marching orders, some players will move on, but we will be better and more successful next year.
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradise Panther on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Disappointing result but again some real encouraging signs. As an example, to see Tyson Brown run 50m just to lay a shepherd tells me Ron is building a team that will work hard for each other. With senior players who set an example like Liddle, Stribling, Thewlis and Murphy who appears to have shone through as a captain, it is an exciting future. Cannot question endeavor IMO and decision making, resolve and sustaining their efforts will come with experience.
Agree with darley, don't need to turn the list over, reckon there is plenty to build on and just need a CHF & CHB.
Paradise Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:54 am

Damn it! Couldn't fault the effort just the execution. Some of our better performed players let us down here. Felt sorry for Crossy, he knew as soon as he kicked it he'd stuffed it. Hard to be too critical of him I reckon.
Lets see what's left in the tank this Saturday. I still think 7 wins isn't a bad year provided next year is better, but never any guarantee of that. Just ask Westies.
Not sure there will be too much change in player personnel. Need to add a few key position players, but reckon the pool might not be that deep. Liking Veide in defence a little more than forward though. Add Crate to that and it will help a little.
Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Yep there is always next season, but dont get caught into that trap! There is absolutely no guarantee even with better performances that we will play finals.
We are not dead and buried this season, but it is out of our hands and considering how many chances we have blown It looks like we (supporters)should be getting ready for next season.
We are heading in the right direction, but wouldnt a small taste of finals be so rewarding for the young squad?

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Looks like you got your wish Panther Magic!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum