Cockshell

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cockshell

Post by Darley on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:09 pm

I was reading on SA footy that Cockshell has retired. Nathan Lyons is also returing to Melb.

With Bass being delisted & Cockshell supposedly retiring that leaves a big hole in the big man dept.

Alo we need to find a Key Back for next yr.

Can anyone confirm the above re Cockshell & who are we chasing as a key defender for next yr
Darley

Back to top Go down

Re: Cockshell

Post by saintal on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Craig Parry may have been handy Wink

Very tongue in cheek..sorry.

Seriously though, a touch surprised to hear that Cocky is giving it away. Struck me as the sort of bloke that wouldn't play til he was 33, but thought he might have gone around again given our improvement this season.

Also read on safooty that Sandery may not be around in 2012. Anybody confirm this?

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Darley on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Sandrey is definitely moving on.

I am more concerned that both Cockshell & maybe Bass need to be replaced.

Its very hard to find quality big men
Darley

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:25 pm

Pretty sure Mrs Cockshell has one in the oven. Maybe Adam is gonna be Mr Mum next year?! Or maybe he's just gonna put family first. I guess we'll find out at the B&F this week.
Further to those thoughts, didn't Cocky sign on for 2 seasons at the end of 2010?
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Heard cross might be staying .... But I don't know what to believe on some sa footy web sites.

We do need height next year if this is the case with cocky and bass leaving ....quess we will have to wait s little bit longer Sad

How's parrys game and most noticeable end of game speech ???

Quality hey ??? Embarassed
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:53 pm

Have heard the same rumours but nothing is confirmed yet from the club, but what I would say is that its not an unusual outcome for several SANFL sides to see players retire and recruits return to where they came from, we lost a great young lad back to Tassie last season and to have a strike rate of retaining 50% of interestate recruits is a reasonable outcome, despite how good a player may apper they may well not cut it in the SANFL, Eagelton from Norwood is one player who was highly regarded who ended up struggling as a result in the SANFL.

Conversley some lads do really well, Nick Liddle and Andrew Ainger are two good examples of lads recruited to the club that have punched well above their weight when challenged.

So we are two years into a five year plan, we won approximatley 40% of our matches and were lucky to have a crack at the finals. As last season we need to turn over our list and no doubt will do a good job of it. My mail is that we may be looking at some current opposition players in the mould of Wundke and Stribling who may be keen to be coached in a different manner. We have room in the cap to go after whoever we like, so its going to get fairly interesting over the next few weeks one might think!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:11 pm

Big Adam retiring!? That's sounds a bit odd and really dissappointing as is losing Mitch Sandery, two important players you can build successful teams around. Also thought Nathan Lyons was just starting to show his potential so again another sad loss. Recruiting will be vital as idiot Chris McDermont said on 5AA yesterday South can't afford to slip back down the ladder next year and be regarded as a basket case (spoken by a basket case). That ignorant comment was followed by idiot number 2 David Wildy who boasted about South having such a wonderful local zone to recruit talent, we know the facts on that issue, it's a pity those in the media research a little before commenting.

Agree Panther74, felt happy for Paz...and then he started to speak!

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:27 pm

darley16 wrote:Big Adam retiring!? That's sounds a bit odd and really dissappointing as is losing Mitch Sandery, two important players you can build successful teams around. Also thought Nathan Lyons was just starting to show his potential so again another sad loss. Recruiting will be vital as idiot Chris McDermont said on 5AA yesterday South can't afford to slip back down the ladder next year and be regarded as a basket case (spoken by a basket case). That ignorant comment was followed by idiot number 2 David Wildy who boasted about South having such a wonderful local zone to recruit talent, we know the facts on that issue, it's a pity those in the media research a little before commenting.

Agree Panther74, felt happy for Paz...and then he started to speak!

Some interesting points...
It would be very disappointing to lose Sandery, he is a very tough competitor who gives his all, except for that small transgression in the elim final he proved to be a solid contributor all year. If as is rumoured Cocky has retired...? it would be a major blow to our big man stocks; how old is he 25?;we need to find some big guys and quick!

As for pazz, have got to say he played well but I thought there were 2-3 players who more worthy of the medal than he was. As for his acceptance speech, well, it wasnt exactly "pearls of oratory" stuff was it? Perhaps a bit of media training wouldnt go astray.

I have a chuckle to myself this time every year when the AFL season has been completed and media experts(?) have nothing else to talk about than the sanfl. They profess to be experts on the subject when most of them havent seen an sanfl game since 1991 and would need a GPS to locate Hickinbotham Oval.They havent a clue about our zone, wouldnt know where it was,and where its boundaries lie. No

Last edited by blueandwhite on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:10 pm

McDermont has for some reason always had a "hated" towards our club. I can never work out why...but every time I have heard him speak about South he is always "kicking the boots" in!!!

BlueandWhite, very true about the so called AFL media experts. Simply no idea....I was listening today to a certain two AFL experts on radio (who I normally dont listen too!!) who would not have much of an idea of what is going on in the local comp but think they have the answers to it all. After bagging the SANFL all year they came around today after the Grand Final which happened to be a exciting one......jumped right on the bandwagon.

There is only one way to get back at these guys and thats to improve and keep getting stronger!! Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by roger ramjet on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:31 pm

IF THE RUMOURS ARE TRUE IT WILL BE A BIG LOSS. I THOUGHT HE WAS JUST STARTING TO FIND HIS FEET AND THE BALL AT C.H.F.
roger ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:39 pm

Ghee not good if we lose to many players! Mitch got better as the year went on and Cocky although nowhere near his best this season is still a pretty important player to us.
Just means we are going to have to be aggresive in our pursuit of players and not only replace those who leave, but make sure their replacements are even better!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum