Off season news

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Off season news

Post by Ben W on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Think you will find that some more names of lads that are playing in our zoned area will be added to the League List as well as the Reserves List when those lists are made final.

My mail is that Cockshell was offered a reduced contract and one that was performance based for 2012 and he was heading out to Mannum to play, make some good coin and have the lesser training which for a retiring player who struggled to regain his form this season was not an unrealistic outcome.

Good luck to him at Port, no bitter feelings here, more upset really about Ben Warren going to Norwood!

Souths structure is changing rapidly and putting Cockshell in the pocket and hoping for some good play is not where we as a club are anymore. I hope for his sake that he applies himself to the training at Port and has a good year, despite that though, I do think the club made the right decision in letting him go if he proves us wrong so be it. I think getting Watson from Port is not a bad trade anyway!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasel on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Can anyone tell me how Ky Miller is going. He is an aboriginal lad, quite tall but lean. Left footer with good skills. He was going to try out with the Bays until I rang BH and got him to us. I was worried he wouldn't cut the work schedule but have heard he is enjoying it and doing well. Cheers
Weasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:32 pm

I see on another forum that Cockshell (should have tease in his surname) has officially signed at Port. Hope he takes his finals form across.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by roger ramjet on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:51 pm

I hear that Ky Miller has done all the trainihg sessions since he arrived and is training pretty well .
roger ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:52 am

roger ramjet wrote:I hear that Ky Miller has done all the trainihg sessions since he arrived and is training pretty well .

Ky Miller....????

blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasel on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:54 am

blueandwhite wrote:
roger ramjet wrote:I hear that Ky Miller has done all the trainihg sessions since he arrived and is training pretty well .

Ky Miller....????

See my post a couple up. He is from Port Lincoln, played for Eyre Peninsula at the country carnival last few years and has talent!!
Weasel

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:03 am

Weasel wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:

Ky Miller....????

See my post a couple up. He is from Port Lincoln, played for Eyre Peninsula at the country carnival last few years and has talent!!

excellent!!
Smile
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:55 am

Confirmed in today's paper .... Cocky signed 2 years with port magpies with option of another year .

Interesting as he told me to my face he was not interested in going to another club in the sanfl and wanted more time with family.

Mmmmmm.....yes ..... Interesting indeed !!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:30 pm

money talks
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Port will probably get a burst of enthusiasm, a lot of talk and a few good games. Then they'll get a lot more talk to go with a lot more weight and a lot of time spent with the family. So, My guess is, he won't be named in the Port side after
round 5.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:53 pm

I would assume that the club would have received an appropriate transfer fee from the Magpies.
Should free up some cash to invest in a recruit; lets hope he is keen, fit, true to his word, enthusiastic and loyal .
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:09 pm

Does anyone know if the young lad from Port Lincoln has been signed up for this season?

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasel on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Yes, his clearance is showing as gone from Bostons in PL to the SANFL in the sporting pulse site on the Boston clearance page
Weasel

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum