Off season news

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Off season news

Post by Big Phil on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:30 am

Ben W wrote:According to todays Advertiser, Justin Bollenhagen and Tom McNamara are both back for South and currently training with the club. Cool

From Localfootysa...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/pre-season-boost-for-south/story-e6freckc-1226195726199

Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bachy2 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:38 am

Ben W wrote:Rumour mill has it that ex Glenelg footballer Chris Kane may be playing at South in 2012!

maybe not, another club is very interested as well
bachy2

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:03 pm

Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:02 am

Looks like Southgate Holden may have reduced their sponsorship with SAFC too? I head a rumour that Angas Securities were very keen to have their name on the front of the jumper next season, and by the looks of the website are now a 'major sponsor' with Southgate back to a 'premier partner'. Glad to see Southgate still involved with the club though - been blazened across the front of the jumper for a long time (almost since lace ups? Haha!).
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:28 pm

Yeah noticed that Choaty, their sponsorship emblem has the potential to bugger up our great jumper design, don't get me wrong, love the sponsorship but hope when it's applied to our jumper it doesn't appear under the SA logo (ugly look) and if on top of our logo i hope it doesn't push the logo further down the jumper (already too low) or reduces the size of the logo (already a too small). Some will say a trivial matter but our gurnsey is our recognisable brand and needs to be protected.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:57 pm

Still quiet on the recruiting front. Anyone heard anything? Has Bollenhagen been training? Looks like the Cane brothers rumor was only that.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Yes...extremely quiet.

Hope to hear some news on recruiting soon.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Thought by now we would have heard of some more recruits unless we have some in the pipeline and the club is keeping it quiet until the rookie and pre season drafts are complete?
Hoping to hear of some in the near future!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by DOC on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Adam Cockshell has approached Port. If he is still under contract, thats a no no! I can confirm Port did not approach him.
DOC

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Not sure the prison bars will be very flattering. Ordinary effort if true.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Handball Happy wrote:Not sure the prison bars will be very flattering. Ordinary effort if true.

Agreed.....very average behaviour if true. Mad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:37 pm

This is my take during the year he has made some terrible mistakes schoolboy stuff I reckon Ronnie has given him some really bad serves like a good coach would and he has spat the dummy
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by roger ramjet on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:23 pm

I have heard that Cockshell will be playing for Mannum with Chris Hall
roger ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:08 pm

It doesnt bother me where Cocky plays. His second half of last season was pretty ordinary. When fit and firing he could be a very good player but I detect we did not nearly see what he could do. If he wants to go to Port let him.
Has anyone heard of any new players we may be getting? Very quite on the recruit front at the moment!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:53 pm

I think Cockshell has struggled to recapture the form that he has shown glimpses of through his career at South. My mail is that he was on a good wicket at South, but I am not sure that would remain the case for the club going forward, I think replacing him may not be the popular decision but it is the right decision IMO.

Recruting mail is pretty quiet, Neil Sharpe is likely getting a few hours in at the moment though and this would have to be the most stresfull time of the year for him!

What I do know is that Bollenhagen and McNamara are in's. Several other Irons are in the fire and once the AFL Pre Season draft is done and dusted the club will likely be making an announcement. Think the PSD is Dec 13th.

Rumour has it that the club has spoken with several players with other SANFL clubs and has already said no to some of them for various reasons.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Yeah I agree on the recruiting front........soooo quiet!!!

Please give me something, I going crazy not hearing anything!! bounce

Ben W, highly possible the players they spoke to did not fit the criteria South want at this time. I think there are a few out there really sniffing the $$$$$$'s out and not wanting to play for the jumper.

We have learnt from that in the past.....
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:40 pm

got told by someone from the roosters camp tonight that we signed Todd Pfeiffer (No.7)
...not sure if he played any senior games or how good he is...he did say he really puts in
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Saw about last 10minutes of training tonight. Reckon they finished by 7.30. Was hoping they'd go a bit longer. Numbers looked good and seemed to be a few faces I didn't know. Anyone know any names? There was a guy competing with Leonard that looked a good size. Don't know who he was.
Ainger looked in real good nick and so did the ground.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Had heard from an 'official' from WWT U18's that 2 players had left them and were heading South... No names I'm sorry guys!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:34 pm

Heard today from a port bloke that we'd signed a guy from West Coast. Not sure of his first name but surname is Houlihan. Apparently good mates with Brad Ebert. Also he reckons Xavier Watson from magpies. Anyone know much about him?

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradise Panther on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:28 pm

A Tim Houlihan was delisted by West Coast this year. He was rookie listed in 2010 after being on the full list since 2008. Stats show he played 15 games for the Eagles and is a 189cm midfielder. Watson appears to be another midfielder type and played 26 league games over 5 seasons with the Pies. Pfeiffer is another midfielder who has played 30 odd games I think. The only other news I have heard is a fella who was training with GWS but was cut is training with us and will play if not rookie listed.
Paradise Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:07 pm

It will be good to hear some definative news on recruits , but at least we seem to be getting some snipets of news. Does anyone know if Cook and Bass have hung around?

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Darley on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:23 pm

Bass is playing in the VFL. Not sure who with maybe Williamstown.

With Cockshell & Bass gone who is our backup ruckman to Brooksby. Is it Wood or are we going to get a ruckman
Darley

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Ironic isn't it.....Bass could play against us at the MCG v Williamstown.....Brooksby v Bass......should be a good battle!
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_South on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Saw on twitter that we have signed Ben Casley who was a GWS rookie. Listed as a forward/ Defender utility
Sir_South

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum