Pet membership

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pet membership

Post by Panthers64 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:42 pm

I note that Norwood have introduced 'pet membership' @ $35 per pet, with pets assigned to every player and coach (52). (Website piccies?)
That equates to a minimum $1820 money for the Club and a warm feeling all round. I'd also like to see an annual doggie day for a Sunday game at Hickinbotham Oval (maybe against Norwood!!) , with dogs allowed on at half time (with "responsible" owners to pick up any poops!). Maybe a pet food company would sponsor the event? My two dogs have voted their support! Maybe even a few black cats might raise a paw!!!
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Re: Pet membership

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Great idea by the norwood footy club ....

Funny isn't it , that Norwood take your dogs on as members but we get rid of the country and general membership !!!

Mind boggling !!!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:26 am

I should add that "doggy days" at US major league baseball matches attract over 5,000 dogs to games.

In the advertising blurb for these events they state : - "... it’s time to get your dog ready to root, root, root for the home team, and get tickets to your local team’s Dog Day Game! Dog Day Games are the very best games of the entire season. When else can you get out to the ballpark and cheer on your team with your furry best friend by your side, and maybe even enjoy a hot dog together?

At these special events, you and your pup will sit in a special section just for dogs and take part in all kinds of activities like pre-game parades around the field, costume contests, special treats and more. And even better, many of ballparks donate a portion of ticket proceeds to local animal charities.

Get your seats now since they are often limited in number and go quickly. Order the Dog Day tickets not General Admission tickets so you can have access to the designated section and events; also be certain that your dog is comfortable with noise and crowds so he or she enjoys the day. "

Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Panthers64 wrote:I should add that "doggy days" at US major league baseball matches attract over 5,000 dogs to games.

In the advertising blurb for these events they state : - "... it’s time to get your dog ready to root, root, root for the home team, and get tickets to your local team’s Dog Day Game! Dog Day Games are the very best games of the entire season. When else can you get out to the ballpark and cheer on your team with your furry best friend by your side, and maybe even enjoy a hot dog together?

At these special events, you and your pup will sit in a special section just for dogs and take part in all kinds of activities like pre-game parades around the field, costume contests, special treats and more. And even better, many of ballparks donate a portion of ticket proceeds to local animal charities.

Get your seats now since they are often limited in number and go quickly. Order the Dog Day tickets not General Admission tickets so you can have access to the designated section and events; also be certain that your dog is comfortable with noise and crowds so he or she enjoys the day. "
Shocked

Sounds like it would work well and be an resounding success at Unley oval. Laughing
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:35 am

If they had one at Doggie land, a few humans may turn up too
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:57 am

After reading the article from our Chairman & CEO in the recent edition of "Panther News" i now understand why the club has changed the membership requirements, pity this wasn't communicated initially when 2012 membership packages where sent out as iám sure if a full explanation was given as to our finances and the precarious funding position of the SANFL going forward then no South supporter could possibly begrudge paying their 2012 membership. Tough financial times are around the corner particularly with our substantial debt, therefore if you aren't a member, become one...NOW!
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by countrypanther on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:45 pm

darley16 wrote:After reading the article from our Chairman & CEO in the recent edition of "Panther News" i now understand why the club has changed the membership requirements, pity this wasn't communicated initially when 2012 membership packages where sent out as iám sure if a full explanation was given as to our finances and the precarious funding position of the SANFL going forward then no South supporter could possibly begrudge paying their 2012 membership. Tough financial times are around the corner particularly with our substantial debt, therefore if you aren't a member, become one...NOW!

Sorry Darley16 but I must disagree.

To be the only club in the SANFL not to have country or general membership is a slap inthe face to us country supporters.

Im sure the club could of had a option to buy a home march ticket separate from the membership.

We only get to 2 to 3 games a year so for us it is not worth it.
countrypanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:23 pm

I'd have thought a simple letter explaining the ticket cost sharing in the membership packages would have got the message across and still enabled our country cousins a chance to retain membership
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:20 pm

agree with you darley 16 - how could anyone that really puts the club first not support what it is tring to do. Spirit, was discussing exactly what you mentioned when collecting my mebership early this week. The club does actually have a cheaper membership option for country members as well as those on a pension card.

Onwards and upwards Panthers
The Growl

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum