Away Guernsey

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Away Guernsey

Post by blueandwhite on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:59 am

A most interesting discussion.
As announced in "Ruperts rag" this morning, it seems we have a new clash jumper for this season. I do hope this replaces and sends to the scrapheap the basically white jumper we witnessed last year, which looked so terrible with white shorts.
As many would know Im a traditionalist when it comes to these things - I subscirbe to the Eddie McGuire theory on these issues! - I resent the fact that we do have to have a clash jumper under any circumstances.
However, having witnessed a few night fixtures last season I can understand how the practicalities of this are particularly important. The last thing we can afford is a case of mistaken identity in the heat of battle that results in a disastrous turnover and goal for the opposition.In games particularly against West I believe we do need a jumper that contrasts with theirs.
I honestly admit I do like the new one in the paper today- for one reason only, and that is that is basically a heritage jumper and depicts the great tradition of this football club. If we do have to have a clash jumper lets keep it based on our heritage.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Now that its out there I don't mind it. Can understand the theory behind it. Will look better when we win.
The positive with this and last years is that they are footy jumpers not marketing gimics. Such as the early Power jumpers and alternative camouflage Hawthorn and grey Melbourne among a number of ordinary efforts from years past.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:07 am

Liverpool FC might not be quite as old as South but watching them play Man U in white with a sky blue trim. Each year teams seem to play in alternative strips that often have no relation to their club colors. I wonder if there fans ever complain?
Perhaps soccer is to blame for their introduction in our game. Just an observation.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Its my observation that this jumper although it may be "hooped" contains far too few hoops to be consdered a heritage jumper?
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Ben W wrote:Its my observation that this jumper although it may be "hooped" contains far too few hoops to be consdered a heritage jumper?

Totally agree with you Ben W.

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:13 pm

Yes it's me...again! Me thinks this stinker of a guernsey was conditional upon the new sponsorship deal with Angus Securities. Their logo and corporate colours (yellow logo with white font) would not reflect well on last years alternative fantastic white jumper. Therefore if SAFC wants the $$ then the sponsors have substantial leverage as to how that sponsorship is to be marketed. Presto we have a horizontal panelled design that fits perfectly for Angus with a very loose connection about historic hooped design. This is not a hooped designed jumper (see Geelong & Crows).

So the question is, when sponsorship money is invloved should the club (any club) sell of its history?

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by countrypanther on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:27 pm

So the club spent all the money to design and making last years away guerney....now its irrelevant.
Then we spend money on designing up this guernsey (with I may add is not historic in any way) and making them up ??
But we get rid of country/general membership as its not making money ???

countrypanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:19 am

I heard the Club tried to save money on the hoops as well that is why there are so few. Very Happy
You guys must be real fun to watch South games with or just enjoy life with in general.
Well it sounds like it is happening so it might be time to come to terms with it or go see Whitney's chemist.
I'm also looking forward to one of you blaming it for a loss.
Please move on and let's be grateful that this is unusually a pretty petty thing for our club to be debating. I think its now too long since we had some genuine turmoil.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:20 am

Maybe there is something in this Geelong conspiracy? I see Tom Harley was at the Club.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane panthers on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:12 pm

darley16 wrote:SHITHOUSE!!!! We are not Geelong FC. Absolute discrace, why were not the members canvassed. Firstly the club buggers up membership for 2012 now this disrepectful rubbish! What was wrong with last years alternative strip, that was excellent, this is just insulting!!!!! Really REALLY PISSED OFF!!!!

The hoops r south adelaide.
Hurricane panthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane panthers on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:15 pm

I assume we are keeping the hoops for next season, has anyone heard any different or can we expect the same away guernsey for 2013?
Hurricane panthers

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:16 pm

I have heard 'nothing'

I do like the away Guernsey, it looks good, stands out and makes the players look faster.

As long as we do not have to wear it at home games to appease the SANFL, then lets get over it and stick to the job at hand.

Premiers by (or before) 2104
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum