Can we finish higher than last season?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can we finish higher than last season?

Post by panther magic on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Do we have the team to finish above last seasons fourth?
Very hard to predict at this stage as I havent seen our new recruits wares as of yet. I believe we have broken even in the losses and gains, but I hope I am way off the mark and we have gained more than we lost.
Last season was very even between fourth and ninth. Our best was good enough to beat nearly anyone and our worst was not that flash. Consistency from quater to quater was our biggest downfall ranging from very good to the not so good. Despite this we had a good overall year with still much to improve on.
We have a good range of younger players who have been around for a few seasons and will hopefully take the next step to be consistently good league footballers. Players such as Redigolo, Perrey and Veide. Rolfe who has played some good footy over the past few seasons just needs needs some luck with injury and to fill into the potential he has.
Brooksby took some strides forward last season and will have to lift further this season with the loss of Cockshell. Bass showed he is quite capable and as with Brooksby will have to improve further.
Andrew Ainger showed some promising signs and will need to be stronger and fitter this season
I suppose in summary we need all of our squad to improve and our recruits to hit the ground running.
Our depth will need to better as you can guarantee there will be injuries.
To rely on the same players to win games for us will not hold us in good stead.
Teams such as Centrals and the Eagles have good contributors across the board and that is what we have to strive for.
Bring on round one! Very Happy

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we finish higher than last season?

Post by roger ramjet on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Was at the internal trial this morning and even though the teams were listed as probables against possibles there were alot of good signs to give you a warm and fuzzy feeling. We have to remember what time of year it is so when we finally kick a footy in anger we have a better idea . Having said that i'm looking forward to the coming season with my feet planted firmly on the ground but my hopes a floating up there a bit at the moment. Smile
roger ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by the veteran on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:40 am

The lad from Port Lincoln looked every part a league footballer Light on but at the ball all the time his second efforts were very good and his skill very good
the veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Looks like we might have to put a line through O'Keefe.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/south-adelaide-footballer-faces-drug-charge/story-e6frea83-1226289903282

Speaking of players who had their 2011 ruined by injury, what's the latest with Jacob Crate? Is he right to go for trials etc?

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Really sad news about Guy not only for him but also the club, he's a fine footballer.
Back to topic, Port (really impressive damm it!) and Westies are ready to jump into the top five, Eagles, Centrals and Norwood will stay there, all clubs improved their lists except maybe Glenelg who do have talented youth. We have a good list but our improvement will have to come from those 2nd tier players, Irra, Redigolo, Brown etc plus hope we have emerging talent coming out of last years ressies.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasel on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:08 pm

the veteran wrote:The lad from Port Lincoln looked every part a league footballer Light on but at the ball all the time his second efforts were very good and his skill very good

Great to hear!! I would assume he will play in the ressies this week though?
Weasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum