Round 2 South v North

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Round 2 South v North

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:44 pm

The win today was in my opinion one of the best from the club in the last 10 years.Three goals down at 3/4 time -last quarter into the breeze....even the most ardent panther supporter would have been only slightly optimistic re our chances of victory.
It shows what persistence, perseverence and gut running can do.
Ainger with 7 goals was sensational. Liddle,Cross and Stribs were great and gradually wore down their more fancied but slower opponents to give our forwards a good look at it in the last quarter.
A really great win, and great to see us bounce back after last weeks capitulation.
GO PANTHERS! cheers
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:54 pm

Fantastic day for us South supporters.

Its been a long time coming since we won at Prospect and to see South come from behind (think we were 16 points down @ 3/4 time ??) and win it in the last 1/4 was most pleasing.

Ainger kicking 7 goals is exactly what we have been looking for from this guy!! Amazing game and strong marking. Great to see.

Loved McKernan in the side as it gives us a target and seeing him back in our side makes a huge difference.

Liddle played well and had a good battle with the North onballers. Stribling playing his old side really showed what a 'Class" act he is.
Thought our defence in the last 1/4 held up very well when the pressure was on with North going into their forward 50m. Crabb, Thewlis (will get better with more games under his belt) etc...

One thing North lacked was the word "discipline" in the last 1/4. When the pressure was on them they were more interested in playing the man and doing some off the ball type stuff. Totally lost the game for them. I also think South were more "fitter" than North and seemed to run out the game. (it would have been warm out there).

Great to see many South supporters cheer the guys off too!!!

I love seeing that!!!

We are all family us Southee's!!!! Stick together and we will get there!!! .

A great win but now the focus is on Sturt for the Good Friday clash.....Bring on Friday!!!! Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:54 pm

I failed to mention what a telling effect Joel cross had on the game during the last quarter, when the pressure was on him, he calmly made decesive decesions feeding the ball to team mates to kee the attacking pressure on the limp 'cocks'
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:01 pm

the prowler wrote:I failed to mention what a telling effect Joel cross had on the game during the last quarter, when the pressure was on him, he calmly made decesive decesions feeding the ball to team mates to kee the attacking pressure on the limp 'cocks'

Agreed...he was very cool under the pressure. Seemed to know what he was going to do before he did it!! Very Happy
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:40 pm

Very good result after last week. How good was Ainger? Far from best line up too I would have thought. Hopefully we can add to mix in coming weeks - McNamara, Wundke, Casley, Gotch, Veide, Irra, Crate?, Sandery. Perhaps Otten, Doughty, Oshea too.
Sturt won't be picnic this week either.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:00 am

Couldn't make it to the game but very happy to see this result, especially after hearing the 3/4 time score.

Just looking at the stats it would appear that South were more efficient and direct with the footy than North (64 less touches, 34 less marks but 5 more inside 50s).

Sounds like a real breakout game from Ainger. Was frustrating at times last year, in that he was the type of player who'd take a great pack mark and then kick into the man on the mark. On the back of a couple of better finals games and yesterday's performance it looks like he's really starting to make his mark in the side now. From the looks of it Rolfe had a reasonable game at the feet of Ainger with 5 shots on goal.

Any details on the reserves? better players etc?

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:32 am

Liked the first gamers Tarquin Brown and Cam DeVisser showed they are ready for this level. Tarak Redigelo also today took a big step in self belief. Andrew Ainger is going to do 3 things if he keeps performing like this:- 1. He's going to kill himself, 2. He going to kill his South termmates (ask Cam DeVisser) 3. He's going to the AFL next year. I hope the first 2 are wrong and for our club sake i fear number 3 is a given. All played well, to win against the wind, 2 goals down, one less player on interchange, at Prospect, WOW Very Happy

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Ainge missed almost an entire season with a broken leg in 2010, and preseason 2011 was clearly not full, whereas he is showing the benefits of a solid preseason, in terms of both his build (extra muscle) and fitness, as his style is to run his opponent around. Very mobile for a tall, loves to jump towards the ball, so if we can get it out in front of him he'll be a tough match up for a lot of backmen, with the Go-Go-Gadget Arms.

Looking forward to seeing what happens when Wundke is back in the side, who would take the best defender, I'd imagine. Either one can become a real danger for the opposition, as well as McKernan, who can turn a game in 5 minutes, as we saw at the Bay last year.

Apparently the guy who was injured in the crowd incident has a depressed fracture of the skull - I don't care what went on beforehand, but there is no place for this crap at our club. If you can't take the BS from other team's supporters just move away; actions like what occurred in the last quarter of the game on Saturday will keep prospective supporters away from the SANFL in general and our club - and we want and need them.
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Definately no place for thuggery at a game of football! If somone is offending you report it to security or simply move away! No place for it all!
Besides that incident it was a good game of footy and the last quater was our best hardest football of the day! Ainger is obviously much fitter and stronger than last season, and hopefully Wundke can get back soon!
Lots to like about our win but also plenty to improve on! We really hung in in the second and third quaters and delivered the knockout blow in the last quater.
I get the feeling the team is still taking time to gel and our best is still to come. The thinner the injury list the better off we will be!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum