Round 4 Centrals vs South preview

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 4 Centrals vs South preview

Post by Paradigm_shift on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:23 pm

who here really believes that south can win this Saturday?
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4 Centrals vs South preview

Post by BlackPanther on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:47 pm

South have every chance of winning as long as the goals are kicked that should be kicked!
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:34 pm

We have been playing good competitive footy for all except the second half against Westies. Centrals have been struggling and have been pushed aside in both games they have played. This is a game that both teams will need to put down as a win, although our record has not been good at the ponderosa for many, many years, I see no reason why we should not come away with the 2 points for the win.

It is time now that South show their true quality and keep the doggies inside their kennels for another week.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Paradigm_shift wrote:who here really believes that south can win this Saturday?

Not me. I'm am not convinced at all with south this year so far....

Seriously, on our form last year we should have beaten sturt and west - no excuses!!!

Centrals 0-2 ..... Out at Elizabeth ..... Stats are not good.

I hope I am proven wrong Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Must be and no excuse not to be at the very least extremely competetive! If you think we have some injury concerns then spare a thought for Centrals!
They lost their two best players in Spurr and Havelberg last season and have a long injury list and some under done players! They have been the bench mark for proffesionalism and form for the last twelve seasons. Respect them but dont bow down to them!
We have some injuries and quite a few new faces who are still trying to gel, but the core of our team is the same. I would be bitterly dissapointed if we cant kick start our season with a good win! I dont care if its at Elizabeth!
Earlys days but a win could really be the shot in the arm we need! A loss and worse still a bad one would hurt. High time we were ruthless and agressive! Two traits I am yet to see!!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Agree with you panther magic.
Sure its Elizabeth and yes its Centrals, but whilst our early season form is scratchy at best, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that we cant win this week. People say that we havent won at the Ponderosa for yonks but the way I see it , it means that the day we beat them has got to be getting closer, we're over due!
I havent been to a game at Elizabeth in 30 years, but Im going this Saturday, and Im expecting us to win, and if we dont I'll be bitterly disappointed.
We hadnt won at Prospect for almost 10 yrs until a week ago, nothing was more exhilarating than the deafening silence of those cocky rooster supporters. I hope I hear something familiar before commencing the vain search for my car postgame this Saturday. Very Happy
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Although still only early, a must win game to still keep final five chances in reach.
Our performance against West round 1 was unacceptable!
Then a character building win against North last qtr at Prospect showed us all what we are capable of when the team is switched on.
Against Sturt on Good Friday, it was a competitive performance, but our inability to finish off, particularly when we had momentum & place scoreboard pressure on the opposition really hurt us.
This is our best chance in years to beat the Dogs & regain some form; I expect the boys to be fired up & silence the critics who reckon our season is shot already.

Sadly unable to make it to Elizabeth due to family committments, but will be checking online for regular score updates.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:44 pm

F. T. MCKAY AINGER DANIEL
HF. ROLFE CASLEY BOLLENHAGEN
C. MILLER MURPHY HOULIHAN
HB. STRIBLING CRABB CAREY
B. REDIGOLO TARQUIN BROWN MCNAMARA
FOLL. BASS CROSS LIDDLE
INT. DE VISSER HOURIGAN BROOKSBY MOYLE SANDERY

INTO 23 Alexander Moyle - NEW - 1st SANFL League game if selected from Reynella FC (17 years old , 171cm / 70kg/ Rover) Ben Casley - NEW - 1st SANFL League game if selected from GWS (20 years old , 192cm / 87kg/ Forward)
Todd McKay Darcy Hourigan Mitch Sandery

OUT Xavier Watson – Broken foot Shaun McKernan – Hand Josh Thewlis - Groin

Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:12 pm

Terrible luck losing our CHF and CHB. Any news on how long they will both be out? Watson out 6-8 weeks according to safc.com. Half a team just about on the sidelines.

Will need our small men to make the most of the wide expanses of Elizabeth and break this ugly 14 game losing streak we have against centrals.

Having said all that perhaps I'm silly, but I reckon we're half a chance.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Tough ask but we really need to win this. Couple of bad outs with injury and against a successful club and an admirable coach, but perhaps the brashness of youth might be just what gets us over the line.
B&W63

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum