B. SANDERY TARQUIN BROWN OTTEN

FOLL .BASS CROSS LIDDLE

INT.
MCNAMARA
HOULIHAN
BROOKSBY
CASLEY
T.MCKAY

INTO 23 Michael Wundke – Recovered (Groin) Andy Otten – from AFC Cameron O’Shea – from PAFC -1st Game for SAFC
OUT Justin Bollenhagen – Omitted

McKernan called up for the Crows.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5 v Bays

Post by ryan on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:01 pm

some big juicy ins there, was just down the TAB and some big juicy odds too....$4.15 for the head to head win
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:16 pm

Looks like you would have cleaned up at the TAB Ryan!

You little ripper!

South 17.7 109
Glenelg 11.16 82

How good are Wundke and Ainger together! McNamara played his best game yet, - Wundke, Stribling and Daniel punched well above their weight all night.

And Nick Liddle! What a legend! cheers
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasel on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 pm

$4.15 your kidding me. I got a mention on 1197 when Ky kicked his goal. So happy right now, downing red wine and in heaven. God bless the Tigers.......or Pussies when they play us!!!!!
Weasel

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:45 pm

great win all played well hopefully kick start our year. makes your weekend when we win Have to agree Wundke and Ainger together makes a huge difference
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Couldnt be at tonights game, having a few days R&R on the Gold Coast enjoying the rain/sunshine/rain/rain and sun, and thats only one day. Great win by the boys tonight, having Wundke back certainly gives a target up forward, and Ainger also on song will make all the others sit up and take notice. How did Ottens play tonight, his steadying influence must have taken some of the pressure off our backline and opened up the others like Rolfe, Stribling and Miller to get involved.

Any win is good, any win over the Bays is great
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Just got in and still smiling!!

A wonderful win against a side that was full of confidence.

Nothing beats the feeling of beating the Bays on their home soil.

Wundke. Ainger looked dangerous and beat their Bay opponent.

Our engine room battled all night and beat the Bays in the centre. Liddle is a complete superstar!!! BOG for me ...the man just does not stop running all night. Cross, Stribling, Daniel great support. Bass is in fine form and has improved so much since last year. He had a great game and had beat a Bay AFL listed player!!!
McNamara had his best game since joining the club down in defense. He must of got the message from Ronnie to lift his game as he sure took a step up tonight.
Rarely did we have a passager tonight - total team effort.

Small South crowd there tonight ( hey?? nothing unusual) but some wonderful passionate and proud people tonight left the ground with a smile on there faces. I especially enjoyed waiting to cross the pedestrian lights at Brighton Road to have a car pull up near with a Glenelg supporter poke his head out the window and scream to me " F**K SOUTH!!....!!"

.....Thanking You Kind Sir.

I still had that smile on my face Wink
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:39 pm

massive smile on my face, hadnt put any hard earned on the boys since we beat them at their home last season.

yeah pretty impressed with Mcnamara down back, great having mitch back too. forward line looking impressive with the two pronged attack, and how good was rolfe's snap in the first term. bring on the maggies next week at home...........go you blue and whites!!
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:05 am

What a fantastic game to win like that when we really needed it, and against the in form team - we really seem to have the wood on them.
Bloody magnificent team effort because we appeared to be letting it slip late in the second quarter. Nicky Liddle - works so hard, MacNamara tough at contest, Wundke & Ainger great focal points, Bass starting to look like a champion Rolfe at start Stribling at finish Otten calm and everyone lifts to play their part.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:15 am

You beauty Smile

Great night. Very entertaining from a South point of view. Not many passengers and looked very dangerous with Wundke back and Ainger again firing. Liddle again magnificent. Inside 50 stat was interesting as it went the Bays way 57-42 but South generally looked the more threatening going forward.

Although South came out on the wrong end of an 11-19 free kick count, I thought they (umps) were pretty good for a change. Much prefer seeing 30 paid in a game than 50+ as we so often see now.

Terrific crowd with a reasonable South contingent on the outer side. Lyons looks like he'll be a player at the next level.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:12 am

A few points...

Arrived during the reserves game and was a bit surprised to see Crabby playing.....
McNamara has arrived.
Sandery while not a stats gatherer was very good, and did some smart things at the right time.
Bass has improved- a lot.he was very good last night.
Nick Liddle in my opinion is pound for pound the best player in the sanfl.
Ainger and Wundke and possibly McKernan are going to be a massive headache for the opposition defences.

Its pretty obvious that the backline players were read the riot act during the week after last weeks lapses and Mud Crabb and Bolly were casualties, playing in the twos. Those remaining were obviously on notice and were very,very good last night. I particularly liked McNamaras game, and Otten was very cool under pressure, OShea seemed to gain a bit more confidence as the game wore on. Mitch and Redigolo are turning into very solid performers and are great at mopping up the scraps.It all looks good back there especially with Thewlis to return soon and hopefully Crabby too.

No doubt a win against the Bays anywhere anytime is very, very rewarding.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:11 am

Great team effort, never give in, corridor football and efficiency won the game for us!
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradise Panther on Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:18 pm

Great game by the boys last night. Liddle, Stribling, Cross and Murphy - SANFL's fab four? Wundke's inclusion really important as he straightens us up. Rolfey is having his best start to a season IMO and its great to see Tarak holding his own at the top level. Might start to see some selection headaches coming up with a few guys coming back from injury plus Bollenhagen and Veide in the BP's according to the Tiser. Now for Port!!
Paradise Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:23 am

Photos from Friday night's matches are now available on my website to view as well as purchase, if you feel so inclined, on my website.
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:24 pm

A very good win against a team on the improve! For once we took our chances and were quick and direct! The bays scuffed a few shots but they were not all gimmes.
Mcnamara showed he can play and Our midfield was very good. Its the first time this season we have been good on every line!
That will hopefully kick start our season, as we were running out of time to get some points on the board!
Bring on this weekend!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Thewlis out till round 10 severing a finger tendon in a work accident.
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:43 pm

southernladbornandbred wrote:Thewlis out till round 10 severing a finger tendon in a work accident.

The 3rd time he has done this Embarassed
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Panther74 wrote:
southernladbornandbred wrote:Thewlis out till round 10 severing a finger tendon in a work accident.

The 3rd time he has done this Embarassed

Geeez, Im glad I dont work with Josh!!! Evil or Very Mad
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Dammit Sad After such a good year last year this one is looking like a bit of write off.

The past couple of times he's hurt himself at work I think it's been leg/knee related.

saintal

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum