View previous topic View next topic Go down

South v Port

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:26 pm

South will look forward to this and
look forward to renewing aquaintances with the big Cocky. I think South
will have too much speed for Port but need to win the footy to put it to
advantage.
A bad blow with Josh Thewlis out for a few more weeks with yet another
work injury, for Gods sake get a desk job Josh!
Could be an interesting night at selection with a few players beginning to return from injury and regaining some form.
South are the clearance
kings and if we can get enough supply to Wundke,Rolfe, Ainger and possibly
McKernan it could spell trouble for the Pies.

Go Panthers cheers
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Re: South v Port

Post by saintal on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:15 pm

We have a reasonable recent record v the Pies. Massive couple of weeks coming up with Port (8th) and Eagles (9th), both at home where we have struggled of late. Need to win both to be back in the 5.

Cocky..will probably get a few jibes through the day. Doesn't quite fall into the Archard, McGlone, Hall level of villian though Cool

From all reports McKernan is doubtful to retain his spot for Adelaide, while Bollenhagen (5 goals and BOG) must have had a good day out in the ressies and would be in line for a recall.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasel on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Will be a very rare time when I'm in Adelaide, South are playing and I won't be there. Chance to see a horse the ilk of Black Caviar is once in a lifetime so will be at Morphetville. Will be glued to the scores though, massive game if we are to play finals.
Weasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:51 pm

blueandwhite wrote:South will look forward to this and
look forward to renewing aquaintances with the big Cocky. I think South
will have too much speed for Port but need to win the footy to put it to
advantage.
A bad blow with Josh Thewlis out for a few more weeks with yet another
work injury, for Gods sake get a desk job Josh!
Could be an interesting night at selection with a few players beginning to return from injury and regaining some form.
South are the clearance
kings and if we can get enough supply to Wundke,Rolfe, Ainger and possibly
McKernan it could spell trouble for the Pies.

Go Panthers cheers

Unfortunately I fear that if Josh got a desk job he would put a staple through his thiumb. This would be preferable to a nail though.
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_South on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Ottens was named as an out due to Crow's commitments. Now that it appears he isn't playing for the Crows, is he able to slot back into our side? I thought he really helped settle our defence last week.
Sir_South

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:11 am

Massive match for us this week, a win will have us well poised to be in finals contention later in the year, a loss will have us playing catch up all year. The bookies have us a $1.60 favourite this week. Four quarter effort will get us over the line. GO PANTHERS!!!
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:24 am

must win game, time to finally win at home
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:08 pm

FULL TIME @ HICKINBOTHAM OVAL

LEAGUE:

Final Scores

South - 21.10 = 136

Port - 17.14 = 116

Panthers win by 20 points

GOAL KICKERS:

South - M.Wundke 5, A.Ainger 3, P.Rolfe, C.O'Shea, J.Cross, D.Hourigan, N.Liddle 2, B.Dowdell, T.Stribling, T.Stribling 1

Port - B.Ebert 5, A.Cockshell 4, S.Summerton, S.Gray 2, R.McKenzie, J.Meiklejohn, C.Grove, J.Clayton 1

FINAL STATS WINNERS: http://www.sanfl.com.au/livestats/match4/

INJURIES: T.McNamara (South), P.Rolfe (South)

REPORTS: J.Young (Port) for head high contact on N.Murphy (South), T.Redigolo (South) for head high contact on M.Rose (Port)

CROWD: TBC @ Alan Hickinbotham Oval, Noarlunga

South Adelaide break a run of 6 consecutive losses at home with the win this afternoon...

RESERVES:

Final Scores

Port - 18.7 = 115

South - 11.2 = 68

Maggies win by 47 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Port - B.Mercer 4, C.Wilson, L.Wilson 3, B.Ah Chee, S.Burnett 2, B.Haren, J.Shannon, L.Sharrad, C.Carr 1

South - K.Miller 4, B.Casley 3, C.De Visser, M.Leonard, C.Perrey, M.Spencley 1

MAJOR STATS WINNERS: (Courtesy of Champion Data)

Port - J.Shannon 32, E.Heath 22, L.Sharrad 21, T.Broomhead 20, B.Haren 18, J.Watt 17, L.Wilson 15, B.Mercer 15, C.Wilson 9

South - E.Irra 23, T.Redden 21, S.Taylor 18, A.Moyle 18, B.Casley 18, T.Brown 16, K.Miller 15, M.Spencley 15, C.De Visser 15

Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Good win pity about injuries. Im sure Port supporters wont be blaming the umpires. Bollenhagen bueatifull kick wish he wouldnt kick it twenty metres stuff it up when he can pinpoint fifty five metre kicks
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by roger ramjet on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:19 am

Great win . Thought we didnt have a passenger so all played well. I thought both ruckmen did really well and if Dowdell keeps improving at the rate he is , me thinks we wont see much of him next year ! ( Good luck to him and he's a nice bloke as well ) . Hope the injuries to Rolfe and McNamara are'nt too bad as both have been very good for us so far ( fingers crossed ) . Also thought Bollenhagen was very good and helped with a couple of goals when we needed . Love to watch him kick the ball .
Lets hope we bring the same game against the Eagles !!! Laughing
roger ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by panther67 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:35 am

A very enjoyable and entertaining game.
We were always going to struggle down back and the boys stood up well.

Injuries are a bit of a worry.

I hope that we can play like that next FRiday night.

Looking forward to it bounce Razz

panther67

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:50 pm

A great win in trying circumstances. Severely depleted by injuries and down to 19 fit men for a big part of the game; the boys showed some character and got the job done. We're back to 3-3 and back in the hunt. Goes without saying Liddle was BOG, yet again and Stribs and Murph got us on top in the middle as the game wore on. Wunke and Ainger looked very dangerous and swallowed every thing that came their way from some very good corridor footy.
Injury tally is beginning to mount however and if you throw Thewlis, Mcnamara and Rolfey back into the side along with a few others we are beginning to look like a top 3 side. Please get back to fitness quickly guys as every game counts in what will be a very even season I feel.
Really see Hourigan starting to find his feet at senior level and I liked McKays game too. Bollenhagen showed a bit in the second half; he has a kick that is a thing of beauty, but I'm sure we'd really like to see him get his hands on it a bit more. Houlihan did a pretty good job tagging Clayton,so perhaps we have found a role for him.
I thought Dowdells game was also very good particularly after his first up effort against West.

A big game this week against "the combine", they will be desperate for a win to keep their season alive. Im hoping we will be more desperate to put them out of their misery.
Go Panthers.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Might as well just copy my safooty post:

Highly entertaining and enjoyable game. Game could have gone either way for most of the day, so it was pleasing to see South kick away a bit in the final term.

A few familiar names have already been mentioned in this thread, but Liddle once again our best I thought. At the bottom of most packs and used the ball well when he had it. Leftlegger summed up Wundke very well. Extremely efficient so far in his return (as were South in general..21 goals from 42 F50 entries), and he hasn't missed a beat since missing the first 4 rounds. Something always seems to happen when he goes near the footy. Out-muscled the Port defenders on a number of occasions. Both backlines were pretty ordinary really and gifted the opposition numerous goals. South exposed for a lack of height back there.

Stribling had one of his better days out this season, and really got us going in the third term I thought. The ruck duels were entertaining, with Cocky having a good day around the ground for the Pies. Must admit I did enjoy him missing that goal in the final term after a questionable free, and the serve he got when he walked down the race.

Shame about the injuries. Didn't see McNamara go down, hopefully not a 12 month injury. Rolfe's been playing his best footy since he's been at South, so untimely from his point of view.

Cant finish without giving a mention to our good friends the umpires. Thought they were pretty good last friday night, but today was ridiculous. Talk about whistle happy, especially in the first half. How many soft and precious 25m penalties were paid?! If Redigolo gets weeks for getting in the way of a ducking Port bloke the sport is doomed

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:23 am

Wonderfully courageous win, gotta luv a South team that plays with character, courage, skill and never give in attitude, great team effort Very Happy

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:12 pm

Great win terrific team effort after injury depleted the team especially in our backline. Funny how it always seems to be approx 3 goal margin at 3 qtr time this year so far? Pity the game was over umpired.
Injuries are a concern but there is a look of confidence and belief. The desperate defensive pressure and that swift ball movement into the forward lines makes us look magnificent (provided we can finish like we did in the second half).
Best batch of recruits for a long time and few juniors in there too, but each and every player is contributing.
Looking forward to friday now.... Very Happy

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:39 pm

Great win & now our season is back on track.
Was particularly thrilled to see the performances of Ainger & Veidi.
Liddle would have to be leading the magarey count currently.
Dowdell shows potential as an up & coming ruckman.
Another bag also for Wundke (without doubt a 100 goal full forward)
Hopefully injuries to McNamara & Rolfe are not long term.
Still concerns over our defense to hold the opposition, however confident with our forward line structure & our ability to kick a winning score.
Ky Miller & Crabby seem obvious inclusions to me if McNamara & Rolfe are out injured?
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Tue May 01, 2012 2:19 pm

Two week suspension for Mitch Sandery apparently. Didn't see the incident.

Believe the club will be challenging it tonight.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradise Panther on Wed May 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Sandery found not guilty. Port player Young received a reprimand assumedly for the bump on Murphy. Doesn't appear Tarak's report even made it to the tribunal.
Paradise Panther

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum