HB. REDIGOLO VEIDE BOLLENHAGEN
B. SANDERY TARQUIN BROWN HOULIHAN
FOLL. BASS DANIEL CROSS
INT. HOURIGAN T MCKAY REDDEN MOYLE CASLEY

Into 23 –Andy Otten, Alex Moyle, Keegan Brooksby, Ben Casley, Tom Redden
Out –Tom McNamara (knee), Peter Rolfe (hip), Ben Dowdell

Debut if selected – Alex Moyle (Reynella) 171cm, 72kg

Reserves Squad
CRABB, IRRA, GOTCH, BLACK, PERREY, DOWDELL, TAYLOR, TYSON BROWN, DE VISSER, GRAHAM, LEONARD, CUNNINGHAM, ANDERSON, SPENCELY, RIGNEY, STOLL, DEBELLIS, LOCKETT, MILLER
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 7 v Woodville West Torrens

Post by Paradigm_shift on Thu May 03, 2012 5:45 pm

eagles team

FF

Hall

Staple

Rowntree

HF

Goldsworthy

Grocke

Kane

C

Sumner

Eddy

Knights

HB

Jarrad

Day

McKenzie

FB

Raymond

Grieger

Thompson

Ruck

Redden

Cicolella

Shirley

Interchange

Culley

Ellis-Yolmen

Parry

Toumpas

Lewis

Ins

Parry

Knights

Redden

Outs

Lindsay (omit.)

Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Thu May 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Looks like the Eagles have been strengthened but I sure like the look of the South side. We have kicked the most points in the league but have leaked the most points. O'shea and Otten make a hell of a difference. Panthers for me
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradise Panther on Thu May 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Eagles have made no secret this a make or break game for them so will be charged up. Would be great to see us counter and squash them further down. They have a few handy ins, rucks will be a great battle. Hopefully their ins are underdone and we take 3 in a row into the bye and Foxtel Cup.
Paradise Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Fri May 04, 2012 9:16 am

Yes certainly a big game for both sides tonight.

We will be looking for a win ,a win that could define our season and destroy the Eagles year. They will be very keen to get on the board and have a few players back. We are yet again decimated by injuries to players who are in form.
The loss of Rolfe, for what I understand will be quite a long time, is disappointing as he was really having a good year and beginning to fulfill the potential we all knew he had. Our defence is also hurt by the absence of Thewlis and now McNamara who was beginning to show some very good signs in recent weeks. The inclusions of AFL players O'Shea and Otten will help but will still leave us short and undersized in defence against the Eagles, particualrly if the rest a ruckman up forward.
We really need the midfield to get on top from the outset and give our potent in form forwards some good service.
Like a few others I thought Muddy Crabb may have been promoted as he has done well on Grocke previously .Dowdell must be considered unlucky to lose his spot too as I thought he was pretty good last week.
Go Panthers!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Fri May 04, 2012 11:55 am

love the fact people are finding reasons why guys selected in the reserves should / could be in the league side. Been a long time since these debates have been able to be had! long may it last
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri May 04, 2012 12:21 pm

This could be good game - expect that WWT will be much more aggressive and their season defined by the result but so could ours. There has been a noticeable increase in self belief and confidence and they are getting the job done by whoever is given the opportunity.
Agree its been a long time since selectors have been able to consider players with injuries, out of form and AFL listed and still have choices for a good side to put on the oval.
Go Panther Smile s

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Fri May 04, 2012 12:26 pm

Good point The Growl, i'd like to see Cam DeVisser given another crack in the league side and iám sure we will. Cam is a backman, can play forward but his strength is defending, he runs straight at the ball and has plenty of courage and is a ready replacement for Tom McNamara.
Tough game tonight, Eagles will come out focused on knocking us around running us off our feet after our short break and their extended one, this may have worked against previous South sides but not this one Evil or Very Mad

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat May 05, 2012 12:10 am

Unacceptable and p... weak tonight !!

Nothing more to say really Evil or Very Mad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Sat May 05, 2012 7:06 am

well that was f***ed, looked like the panthers of old
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Sat May 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Joel Cross should be eligible for victim of crime compensation. He's probably still hearing bells from some of the hits he took to the head.
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Sat May 05, 2012 2:23 pm

yeah, looked a bit shakey when getting up after one in the 3rd quarter
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun May 06, 2012 3:47 pm

Eagles were hungry from the start; We failed to match their intesity in the first half; Still scratching my head how we missed those 3 easy shots at goal (becoming all too familiar - how is it the opposition teams can drill these & we can't?....it almost seems they read the conditions better than us....on our home ground!); Eagles defenders read the ball better each time we bombed it into the forward line; A fit Rolfe would have been handy, as we missed a crumber (felt before the game Ky Miller was the logical inclusion - but that's trivial now)
Parry controlled the ruck duels, our midfield wasn't allowed any space; Yes, felt sorry for Crossy it wasn't his night , he was on the receiving end a number of times, & looked groggy at one stage. Really disappointing - this one really hurt.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sun May 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Spot on Premier Panther we should have been 5.3 at half time at least - even Wundke missed an easy one. I thought Brooksby should have remembered the head butt and given Parry a hard time, and spot on regarding no forward line crumbers.
I guess we still have a way to go but the margin should have been closer and our boys need to make the most of opportunities in those types of games when you know they are going to come out fighting.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun May 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Yes really disappointed ....just goes to show that we have to make the most of our chances when we get them. Some early opportunities missed and we were behind the eight Ball for the rest of the night. It was a real chance for us to make a statement and unfortunately the eagles just wanted it a bit more than we did. Somewhat pleasing was that after a pretty ordinary first half the boys hung in there and battled the game out till the final siren.
I'm a bit worried about Wundke though, he is still pretty inconvenienced and it really showed out on Friday that he still is hampered by his groin especially when kicking. If I was a betting man... And I am ! I'd be fairly confident he won't be traveling to Melbourne this week.
Pleasing to see Crabby bog in the 2s,we need him inform and back in the side.
go panthers!

Last edited by blueandwhite on Sun May 06, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum