Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by Choaty on Mon May 07, 2012 8:36 am

Interested in who here is going?

Me and my mate James will be heading over for the clash, hoping that it wont be just me and him in the 100000 capacity venue?! We're flying over on the morning of the game, so will miss the Friday PM catch up, but are keen for a beer afterwards @ The Precinct Hotel hopefully celebrating a win against last seasons Foxtel Cup Champions

Williamstown Seagulls (VFL) v South Adelaide Panthers (SANFL)
DATE: Saturday 12th May 2012
TIME: 11:05am local time (AEST)
VENUE: MCG, Melbourne
BROADCAST: 11:00am FOX FOOTY LIVE


avatar
Choaty
Member

Posts : 151
Join date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by darley16 on Mon May 07, 2012 9:35 am

Memo to Ron Fuller:
From a life long member:
Subject: Foxtel Cup:
Ron please rest our league players that are carrying ANY form of injury and ALL of our valuable mid-field players and ruckman together with our forwards and backman.These valuable club assets should not be played in a meaningless corporate game for tv in which no one is interested and where valuable players could suffer injury, of which we already have too many. Give the reserves lads and some selected U/18's the trip and experience, our league boys need a rest in order to play real meaningful footy in the second best comp in the land and where sponsorship and supporters have both their hearts and money.
avatar
darley16
Member

Posts : 274
Join date : 2010-11-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by blueandwhite on Mon May 07, 2012 11:08 am

I will most certainly be there...really looking forward to it too.
Flying over on Friday so will be at "the Corkman" on Friday evening, and attend the aftermatch at "the Precinct", before flying back on Sunday. Mrs BW is apparently embarking on a shopping expedition......last time I looked we had plenty of shops here in Adelaide.. Rolling Eyes

I think the thing Im most looking forward to is the sight of the Grand ol' blue and white gracing one of the worlds most famous stadiums. Like Darley16 Im certainly not fussed about the outcome of the match; but I really hope that we dont get embarrassed the way West were against Subiaco the other week.Id be pretty sure that individually all the players would be keen to run out onto the MCG. Whether or not playing half fit players is in the longterm interests of the club is another matter, and no doubt Ron and his selectors will taking that into consideration when picking the team.
avatar
blueandwhite
Member

Posts : 363
Join date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by Choaty on Mon May 07, 2012 11:37 am

blueandwhite wrote:Mrs BW is apparently embarking on a shopping expedition......last time I looked we had plenty of shops here in Adelaide.. Rolling Eyes


Yeah my missus is doing the same... but somehow she managed to twist my arm and stay Sunday too as 'she wouldnt get all the shopping done in JUST one day'! FARK! Excess baggage alert!

Look fwd to a quiet one with ya B&W after the game!
avatar
Choaty
Member

Posts : 151
Join date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by southernladbornandbred on Mon May 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Is it just me or does it sound like what Fuller said in his match report that they will probally be taking a fairly strong league team to Melbourne.
"We go to Melbourne this week to play Williamstown and with it the chance to develop that consistency in the group as well as some of our players improving their individual games as well."
avatar
southernladbornandbred
Member

Posts : 70
Join date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by Panther74 on Mon May 07, 2012 8:58 pm

southernladbornandbred wrote:Is it just me or does it sound like what Fuller said in his match report that they will probally be taking a fairly strong league team to Melbourne.
"We go to Melbourne this week to play Williamstown and with it the chance to develop that consistency in the group as well as some of our players improving their individual games as well."

I took it as he was taking the full squad of A graders.

I would rest them IMO....especially Wunks.
avatar
Panther74
Member

Posts : 610
Join date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by ryan on Tue May 08, 2012 9:04 am

Me and the missus are driving over Thursday. I feel like im the only one who wants us to smash this competition, anyone whos 100% fit should play i reakon. We have been critisised for not playing well when coming off the bye in the past and this is a chance to keep the boys up and running. I didnt make it to the home game vs the eagles because i had to work in order to get the time off for this week, sounded like a good game to miss. Super pumped for this game though, will be my first ever game at the G!!
avatar
ryan
Member

Posts : 68
Join date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by Spiritof64 on Tue May 08, 2012 10:14 am

Disagree Panther74. I'm not going to the "G" to see my team get embarrassed the way West did.

I'm going to see them give it a red hot go, and get an opportunity of another game playing as a team, not just a bye by proxy.

Me and my son are flying in and out on the day.
avatar
Spiritof64
Member

Posts : 117
Join date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by southernladbornandbred on Tue May 08, 2012 4:01 pm

ryan wrote:Me and the missus are driving over Thursday. I feel like im the only one who wants us to smash this competition, anyone whos 100% fit should play i reakon. We have been critisised for not playing well when coming off the bye in the past and this is a chance to keep the boys up and running. I didnt make it to the home game vs the eagles because i had to work in order to get the time off for this week, sounded like a good game to miss. Super pumped for this game though, will be my first ever game at the G!!

your not the only one ryan, i hope we take our best team over and hopefully get a win and get as far as we can in the foxtel cup
avatar
southernladbornandbred
Member

Posts : 70
Join date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by B&W63 on Wed May 09, 2012 4:25 pm

I think we'll see a prety reasonable side play on Saturday, Ron would silly to risk anyone like Wundke who seems to be less than 100% but he won't rest players for the sake of it. Good opportunity for others to prove themselves.
I will be there with wife and Vic friend. I am looking forward to seeing South play at the MCG, its a great stadium for footy but unfortunately the crowd will look very small there. It will be good for our boys whether the comp means anything or not, and I too would not like to see our club embarrassed, and I am sure I won't. Smile
avatar
B&W63
Member

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by scooby68 on Wed May 09, 2012 4:43 pm

i spoke to Ron this morning and personaly asked him about the sqaud, his reply was we will take our strongest team.
except 1 port player going to WA with the powa ,Wundke is ok according to Ron
Go Panthers
avatar
scooby68
Member

Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by southernladbornandbred on Wed May 09, 2012 4:45 pm

What do you think like the team playing againt the state U18s this weekend will be like, a mix of our 16s,18s and reserves, or mostly one grade
avatar
southernladbornandbred
Member

Posts : 70
Join date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by blueandwhite on Wed May 09, 2012 5:33 pm

scooby68 wrote:i spoke to Ron this morning and personaly asked him about the sqaud, his reply was we will take our strongest team.
except 1 port player going to WA with the powa ,Wundke is ok according to Ron
Go Panthers

Believe it or not !..I too bumped into Ron this morning! - nearly ran him over actually!.......-and he said same, we'll take our strongest team plus maybe one or two youngsters who are showing a bit .
I am really looking forward to this I can tell you, Im sure the playing group and coaches are too, lets hope we come home with the choccies.

I do have a couple of questions though...

1. Which Jumper are we wearing?

2. Have South Adelaide ever played on the MCG before this Saturday?

GO PANTHERS!
avatar
blueandwhite
Member

Posts : 363
Join date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by Spiritof64 on Thu May 10, 2012 10:35 am

Ron sure gets around. I spoke to him at Colonnades yesterday.

Is he stalking us? Rolling Eyes
avatar
Spiritof64
Member

Posts : 117
Join date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by blueandwhite on Thu May 10, 2012 11:26 am

We have played at the MCG previously...

1. 1886 v Essendon
2 1892 v Fitzroy, Carlton and Melbourne



avatar
blueandwhite
Member

Posts : 363
Join date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by roger ramjet on Thu May 10, 2012 3:30 pm

jocolor I'll be there. Hope I can get a seat !!!!!!!!!! Drinks are on me !!!
avatar
roger ramjet
Member

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by southernladbornandbred on Thu May 10, 2012 6:39 pm

Backs: MITCH SANDERY BRAD CRABB TARQUIN BROWN
Half Backs: JAKE VEIDE DANIEL BASS TIM HOULIHAN
Centres: TOM REDDEN ANDY OTTEN JOEL CROSS
Half Forwards: KY MILLER BEN CASLEY CAM DE VISSER
Forwards: ALEX MOYLE MICHAEL WUNDKE ANDREW AINGER
Followers: BEN DOWDELL NICK MURPHY NICK LIDDLE
Interchange: XAVIER GOTCH NATHAN DANIEL SCOTT TAYLOR KEEGAN BROOKSBY
Emergencies: DARCY HOURIGAN
avatar
southernladbornandbred
Member

Posts : 70
Join date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by Choaty on Thu May 10, 2012 7:30 pm

roger ramjet wrote: jocolor I'll be there. Hope I can get a seat !!!!!!!!!! Drinks are on me !!!
I'll make sure I negotiate a seat next to you RR!
avatar
Choaty
Member

Posts : 151
Join date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by Choaty on Thu May 10, 2012 7:41 pm

southernladbornandbred wrote:Backs: MITCH SANDERY BRAD CRABB TARQUIN BROWN
Half Backs: JAKE VEIDE DANIEL BASS TIM HOULIHAN
Centres: TOM REDDEN ANDY OTTEN JOEL CROSS
Half Forwards: KY MILLER BEN CASLEY CAM DE VISSER
Forwards: ALEX MOYLE MICHAEL WUNDKE ANDREW AINGER
Followers: BEN DOWDELL NICK MURPHY NICK LIDDLE
Interchange: XAVIER GOTCH NATHAN DANIEL SCOTT TAYLOR KEEGAN BROOKSBY
Emergencies: DARCY HOURIGAN

No Stribs?
avatar
Choaty
Member

Posts : 151
Join date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by blueandwhite on Thu May 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Choaty wrote:
southernladbornandbred wrote:Backs: MITCH SANDERY BRAD CRABB TARQUIN BROWN
Half Backs: JAKE VEIDE DANIEL BASS TIM HOULIHAN
Centres: TOM REDDEN ANDY OTTEN JOEL CROSS
Half Forwards: KY MILLER BEN CASLEY CAM DE VISSER
Forwards: ALEX MOYLE MICHAEL WUNDKE ANDREW AINGER
Followers: BEN DOWDELL NICK MURPHY NICK LIDDLE
Interchange: XAVIER GOTCH NATHAN DANIEL SCOTT TAYLOR KEEGAN BROOKSBY
Emergencies: DARCY HOURIGAN

No Stribs?
. No redigolo?
avatar
blueandwhite
Member

Posts : 363
Join date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by the veteran on Fri May 11, 2012 12:38 pm

No Bollenhagen........ listed as Injured news is maybe interstate is what ive heard........moved
avatar
the veteran
Member

Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by the prowler on Fri May 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Looks like a pretty good team to me.

I will be on the early flight out and the late flight back.

Williamstown only kicked 3 goals last week against Port Melbourne, hope they put in another shocker tomorrow.
avatar
the prowler
Member

Posts : 288
Join date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by Paradigm_shift on Sat May 12, 2012 12:27 pm


South Adelaide 0.3.3 3.5.23 5.11.41 6.12.48
seagulls 1.2.8 3.2.20 4.2.26 6.7.43

avatar
Paradigm_shift
Member

Posts : 79
Join date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by DOC on Sat May 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Beauty. Hope we get a home game next.
avatar
DOC
Member

Posts : 81
Join date : 2010-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Foxtel Cup Round 1 - Williamstown v South

Post by Scoop on Sat May 12, 2012 6:41 pm

So with either Port Melbourne or NT Thunder to be our opponents what chance a home game?

I saw on the broadcast that Ainger and Wundke finished the last quarter on the bench - just being rested or any issue there? Thought Ainger's game was excellent, around the ground as well as deep in the forward lines, although some kicking practice would be good (he'll have mates there though!). Was one end particularly windy? Seemed both teams struggled to one end.
avatar
Scoop
Member

Posts : 83
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum