Round 9 - West v South

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 9 - West v South

Post by Choaty on Mon May 14, 2012 7:14 pm

Back to reality this week, time to grab some premiership points for the 'other' Cup!
The Cupido Cup is back for grabs: I'm sick of handing this piece of plastic back every time these teams play. I've not seen it for about 3 years! However...
Bye hoodoo avoided: Check
Coming back from a team building win on the road: Check
We're overdue for knocking off these guys: Check

This win is pending!

From the safc.com injury list:

Emmanuel Irra – quad – test
Toby Stribling – ankle – test
Michael Wundke – corked thigh – test
Andrew Ainger – ankle – test
Tarak Redigolo – calf - test
Josh Thewlis – hand - test
Mitch Bosley – thumb - test
Lachlan Carey – hamstring – test
Peter Rolfe – hip – test
Daniel Scott-Collings – hip – test

Roll call?!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 9 - West v South

Post by Ben W on Mon May 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Going to make a real effort to get to this one, very much looking forward to it!

Hoping Ben Casley and Ky Miller get named this week, both played some good footy at the MCG - with all the players up for tests, there could be some pressure on for a spot this week!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue May 15, 2012 12:03 am

Yep...will be there with bells on!!

Cant wait....keep the belief and confidence rolling from last week I hope we get over the line.

The media guys commentating the game at the MCG absoulutely loved Miller. Smile

Hope there is a big future for the lad Smile (not too soon though!!)
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Tue May 15, 2012 6:32 am

Panther74 wrote:Yep...will be there with bells on!!
Cant wait....keep the belief and confidence rolling from last week I hope we get over the line.
The media guys commentating the game at the MCG absoulutely loved Miller. Smile
Hope there is a big future for the lad Smile (not too soon though!!)

Same with Liddle, he did train with Power for a couple weeks last year, im sure they could do with him now
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Tue May 15, 2012 9:47 am

We are really going to miss Justin Bollinhagen, beautiful left foot kick and a real talent. That loss plus injuries it's starting to look like a tough season ahead given the eveness of the comp.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Tue May 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Ill be there, only just got my voice back fully today after all the yelling at the G on saturday. Now i am sick and tired of losing to west adelaide especially when they are often games we should win.
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Tue May 15, 2012 4:54 pm

When we beat these blokes and finally knock off Central at Elizabeth we can get real excited about our prospects.
Need the two points here.
Seems odd the Bollenhagen move. Maybe I am being cynical, which I usually am, I reckon history has shown in football that when players move on mid year for "work commitments" or "family reasons" there is often a bit more to it.
Then again there didn't appear to be much more to O'Keefe moving on, other than the pretty disturbing facts that were reported.
Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Tue May 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Id have to agree with Ryan west adelaide are our bogy team , many a time they beat us they make us look second rate, its about time we turn it around
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue May 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Yes its about time we turned the tables on West. South have had an excellent preparation for this game, recovery done and back in Adelaide by 8.30 last Saturday night.
No excuses this week, we need a solid four quarter effort and make sure we grab our chances when they come our way.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Wed May 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Handball Happy wrote:When we beat these blokes and finally knock off Central at Elizabeth we can get real excited about our prospects.
Need the two points here.
Seems odd the Bollenhagen move. Maybe I am being cynical, which I usually am, I reckon history has shown in football that when players move on mid year for "work commitments" or "family reasons" there is often a bit more to it.
Then again there didn't appear to be much more to O'Keefe moving on, other than the pretty disturbing facts that were reported.

Disappointed to hear about Bollenhagen. Like you HH, I'm a touch cynical about the old mid season transfer. As for O'Keefe, he wasn't given any choice but to move on.

Although he was still finding his feet he showed enough to suggest he could have been a very good player over the coming years. Young, local, talented blokes are the ones you want to try and hang on to and build a team around.

Haven't been to Richmond in 2 or 3 years, but will be there come Saturday. West v South games are usually pretty dreadful (in recent times anyway), lets hope for a cracker Cool

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Thu May 17, 2012 5:50 pm

F. MILLER WUNDKE MCKERNAN
HF. DANIEL AINGER VEIDE
C. MURPHY CROSS OTTEN
HB. O’SHEA REDDEN HOULIHAN
B. REDIGOLO CRABB TARQUIN BROWN
FOLL. BASS STRIBLING LIDDLE
INT. THEWLIS CASLEY SANDERY BROOSKBY GOTCH

INTO 23
Ky Miller
Xavier Gotch
Brad Crabb
Ben Casley
Shaun McKernan
Josh Thewlis

OUT
Todd McKay – Knee
Darcy Hourigan – Omitted
Lachlan Carey - Omitted
Justin Bollenhagen - Retired
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Thu May 17, 2012 5:58 pm

southernladbornandbred wrote:F. MILLER WUNDKE MCKERNAN
HF. DANIEL AINGER VEIDE
C. MURPHY CROSS OTTEN
HB. O’SHEA REDDEN HOULIHAN
B. REDIGOLO CRABB TARQUIN BROWN
FOLL. BASS STRIBLING LIDDLE
INT. THEWLIS CASLEY SANDERY BROOSKBY GOTCH

INTO 23
Ky Miller
Xavier Gotch
Brad Crabb
Ben Casley
Shaun McKernan
Josh Thewlis

OUT
Todd McKay – Knee
Darcy Hourigan – Omitted
Lachlan Carey - Omitted
Justin Bollenhagen - Retired

Pretty strong side on paper... lets hope everyone is 100%...!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Thu May 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Agree like the look of this side...powerful forward line....strong midfield....our back line will be the decider of who wins....Panthers by 22 pts
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu May 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Probably the best side we have had so far this year.

We broke the Prospect hoodoo this year...now its Richmonds turn Smile

Go Panthers Smile

See you there people!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Thu May 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Well this looks to me as good a side as we will be able to muster for the whole year.

Thewlis, McKernan and Miller are good INs as well as Gotch, Crabb, and Casely.

Wispers that Bollenhagen had moved to Victoria because of an Employment offer.

We can match up with Westies all over the ground and win plenty positions, Wundke and Ainger to team up again with Rolfe and McKernan proving to much for Westies defences, our half back line has been pretty solid and has looked to hold an edge most weeks.

I will be there x 2
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Fri May 18, 2012 11:53 am

Yes ,certainly like the look of this team on paper. A few with a few injury worries though. Our Forward line looks very potent and will stetch westies for height, and Miller could be handy with his pace when the ball hits the deck.
West always have a hard physical attack on the footy and we'll have to get on top in the middle to give our forwards a chance.
We'll need everyone contributing to get the points.
Go Panthers!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri May 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Impressive line up, forward line and midfield look strong. Some good points made on this forum.
Could be a game that shapes our season. If the boys can produce the team effort that we saw at the G in the 3rd qtr but a little more accuracy in front of goals then we will be a good chance.
I expect a similar flooding of our forward line by Westies so we need to get the ball in quickly. They need a win as badly as we do, Go you mighty Panthers
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Fri May 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Yes, there is alot to like about this line up; Feeling very confident for some reason despite West's recent dominance over us; Only concern for me is a number of players carrying niggling injuries; Hopefully Southie supporters will get there in numbers & outnumber the blood supporters; Looking forward to this one; Reckon we're a real chance!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat May 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Well all the confidence I had for this game was just shot out the window Sad

Veide, Liddle my best.

Killed all over the ground today.

Extremely disappointing game.

Not really sure if we are are a top 5 side this year after watching this today.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sat May 19, 2012 8:05 pm

To Panther 74 couldnt agree more with your thoughts, once again Westies made us look second rate on todays effort we are a bottom three team
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat May 19, 2012 11:35 pm

Yes got to say it was a bitterly disappointing performance today. West seem to always give us trouble home or away.
We really just bombed the ball into our forward line, and gave our forwards little or no chance against a team who flooded our forward fifty.
Our delivery was appalling kicking directly to an unopposed opposition or kicking it on to someones head- surrounded by three westies players.The stats will say we had more forward fifty entries but somehow lost the game by 8 goals after surrendering meekly in the final quarter.Atrocious kicking for goal didnt help either.
Like others have said... not sure we are a top five team at the moment.
It also says something about the performance of the rest of the team when the Jake Veide was named best player and the player he stood managed 5 goals!!!
We play Norwood in 2 weeks , if we serve up an effort like that against them we will be flogged. Big improvement required. Twisted Evil
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat May 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Despite it feeling pretty raw at present, we are facing one of the longest injury lists we have ever had in recent times, we have both players injured and lads coming back into the side trying to regain form. Not a good combination and not something that we need to happen, yet we will push through and despite the result tonight I am very confident our best 18 can play a very much better game than what is currently being put on display from the club.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Mon May 21, 2012 10:27 am

I felt pretty bad about this game particularly after seeing the boys at the MCG and the lineup prior to the game. Ben W you make a good point but again it appears to me that we lack confidence in our own ability, particularly crossing 50 meter line.
Our blokes appeared lethargic and hesitant, probably some are carrying injuries but what really motivates supporters is fighting spirit to the end and we didn't really show that on Sat.
McKernan looked as if he was trying too hard but delivery inside 50 was not our best. We must exert pressure in the middle and the forward lines to make life easier for our back 6.
Over 3 grades it was avery bleak day for our Club Embarassed and we have to bounce back against Norwood - tough job!!
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Mon May 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Concerning for the club, reflected by the below par performance in all grades.
Westies out worked us to the ball & hunted in numbers, we were never in the contest; Delivery into our forward line was poor. Why are the Bloods our bogie team?
Injuries aside, our performance was not up to standard. Too much work rate left to too few.
2011 relived, the opportunities are there to be taken for our finals aspirations, but we continually fall short.
In recent rounds we are getting the yips in front of goals? Lack of confidence?Put it all on the line against the Legs next game.....come on boys! We're behind you!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum