South Adelaide v Port Melbourne

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South Adelaide v Port Melbourne

Post by blueandwhite on Tue May 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Fixture confirmed for 23.6.12... 11.35am at the MCG.

Can we continue our winning streak at the G?

Go Panthers!. Very Happy
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Re: South Adelaide v Port Melbourne

Post by the prowler on Tue May 22, 2012 10:01 pm

No reason why we should not keep it intact.

Putting aside last weeks dismal display against West, another 4 weeks, many injuries will be healed, the team will play itself back into form, the challenge will be there to perform as a lead into the finals.

Why cant we win?
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue May 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Not unless our form lifts by a fair whack!
Lets hope we can get back on track and get our best team on the park.
Port Melbourne smashed the NT thunder recently by 100 points!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Thu May 24, 2012 12:57 pm

yep i watched the port melb v thunder game on saturday on telly. A gun forward for them kicked 7 goals i think it was, O'Sullivan i think his name was. Port looked pretty good hardly losing any clearances, i dont think they will have it quite so easy against our midfield. The most annoying thing about watching the game was seeing port melb. coach Gary Ayres strutting around on the side lines acting like he was a rock star with the dark shades on, commentators saying he has strong ambition to return to coaching afl. It made me sick really, so as another battle within the war will be the Fuller Vs Ayres which will take place in the coaches box, i have developed a hatred for port melbourne already, hope we smash em!!!
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:59 pm

Sadly Ryan he probably would do pretty well back in the AFL! - People dont like his coaching at the Crows, yet his record was hardly bad and when they did lose they often kicked double the points of the goals scored suggested that he did enough to keep the midfield delivering the ball to the forwards through the game, he could hardly take the kicks himself for goal! - I am not sure if its just the one flag or two at Pt Melbourne but its a pretty good effort anyway!

That said if we take our first selection of players over I do think we can take them. Will be a cracking game anyway!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Ben, from what the Chairman said at the last Chairmans Dinner this match won't attract as strong a team as our last Foxtell outing (or words to that effect). Given what we've seen from both West & Port during this BS compitition and given where our season is currently placed i for one hope we follow both Westies & Port lead. It did nothing for our perfomance after the bye and our champ CHF injured his ancle, which still isn't right. The sooner we're out of it the better!

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:06 pm

darley16 wrote: The sooner we're out of it the better!

Sounds like another South quitter .

Why shouldnt we be prepared to have a crack at it, the money part is not an issue as its a pittance.

If South ever hope to get amongst the best in the SANFL then beating all comers is a step up the ladder.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:52 am

Prowler. Prowler, Prowler...you have confirmed what i said by saying, "if South hope to be amongst the best in the SANFL". To be the best in the SANFL you play and beat the best in the SANFL, thereby our number 1 priority is competing in the SANFL compitition not some trumped up, temporary, made for TV mickey mouse compitition that the majority of SANFL clubs (namely the successful ones Prowler) don't want to have a bar of. If being a quitter means following the lead of Centrals, Norwood, Eagles etc in by-passing this second rate part time comp so we don't get injuries and keeps our focus on the real prize, that being as you say, to be the best in the SANFL, then a quitter i am....and proud of it. South for premiers in the SANFL, that's all there is, that's all that matters.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Ther are plusses and minuses about this. I enjoyed watching the boys play at the G and its a pity that it didn't help us to play better against Westies. I thought the squad would get benefit from the trip (perhaps that will show later) and it gave a few players a chance to show their skills, like Dowdell. However Ainger is still getting over the injury he sustained that game and confidence in our goal kicking prowess took a dent.
If we feel a weak team and get hammered by Port Melbourne do we lose more confidence?

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:35 pm

I think it's more hindered our season than benefited it .

The game after this against West was just embarrassing !!

Players looked tired and slow .....

I just want a sanfl premiership ... Not something that the afl will benefit from.

I reckon the players would have enjoyed a rest and maybe a short trial against the reserves or something like that .

Everyone is has a opinion on this and that's fair Wink
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:34 pm

After todays effort against Port Adelaide we should field our best team' lets take something out of this year I know if we got to the grand final a lot of supporters would go me included
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:08 am

Have spoken to a few players from other clubs over the past weeks about playing in the Foxtel Cup and having the chance to play on the MCG. Every one of them said the chance of playing on the MCG has been taken from them by their clubs refusal to play in the competition and they envy the South boys. Our boys can tell their kids and grandchildren one day they played on that ground regardless how further they went in their footy career. Ask the players at the clubs who have refused and most would say they would jump at the chance. I expect us to field a strong side as possible but resting a couple of key players. However I think who we put on the field will try their best to win. The club should be congratulated on taking the Foxtel Cup seriously and I am sure the benefits will be there. After all 100k prize money in the kitty wouldn't go astray!
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:01 am

Good point Black Panther - I went to the last game at the G and I would be very surprised if any player didn't really enjoy the chance to play there.
I think a few of boys could do with a rest, Liddle hasn't had a week off and Wundke & Rolfe seem less than 100% plus it gives an opportunity to another player.
Port Melbourne are a good side with no AFL affiliation and I can't go this time so I hope we put up a decent effort with whoever plays.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:09 am

Well done south for being involved. I think we'll see most sides in the SANFL put their hand up for it next year.... Watch this space
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:01 am

Are our AFL listed player available this Sat? including Carlile.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 am

Port have pulled Bob out so I would think that would apply to Cam also. Pretty poor imo. Its ok to give him a run one week when it suits them but not the next when they have a bye. Strange?
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by panther67 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:33 am

would have thought that there would be nothing better than match fitness for Bobby.
We could have really done with him, I would find it even stranger if Cam did not play for us, he certainly need more matches to find form.

panther67

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Poor form by Port !!! ( but it does not surprise me at all!!) Rolling Eyes
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:15 pm

If people want to watch the game I'll be going to the Tonsley Hotel, out the back in the Tavern Bar, to see the team play Port Melbourne. I'm going to quiz night there tonight, so will have a word in Michael the manager's Michael's ear and see what he can do - maybe a special or two if enough are coming? I know they have plenty of LCD screens as well as a projector. Good place to watch footy and they are sponsors, so maybe get a crowd there - what do people think? Maybe if
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Sounds good Nick ill be there
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:18 pm

Great idea !!! Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Be there with my ears pinned back..great idea to support a sponsor too!!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Backs: XAVIER GOTCH BRAD CRABB JAKE VEIDE
Half Backs: JOSH THEWLIS TOM REDDEN CAM O’SHEA
Centres: JOEL CROSS ANDY OTTEN TOBY STRIBLING
Half Forwards: SCOTT TAYLOR BEN CASLEY KY MILLER
Forwards: NATHAN DANIEL MICHAEL WUNDKE TODD PFEIFFER
Followers: KEEGAN BROOKSBY NICK MURPHY TARAK REDIGOLO
Interchange: BEN DOWDELL JACOB CRATE PETER ROLFE XAVIER WATSON
Emergencies: TARQUIN BROWN CURTIS PERREY
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Michael is keen to see plenty of Panthers there, so come on down! He's a top bloke (for a Magpies supporter...) and will look after you, so tell him you're a Panther!
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:35 am

Good luck to Crate in his return to the "senior" side. Has been a long time coming.

Looks like we've rested a few, but overally still a pretty strong team on paper. Liddle, Bass, Ainger, Houlihan the notable outs.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum