South Adelaide v Port Melbourne

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: South Adelaide v Port Melbourne

Post by blueandwhite on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:57 am

saintal wrote:Good luck to Crate in his return to the "senior" side. Has been a long time coming.

Looks like we've rested a few, but overally still a pretty strong team on paper. Liddle, Bass, Ainger, Houlihan the notable outs.

+ McKernan and Carlile.....
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:51 am

Yep true, I guess I was just referring to SAFC regulars. (although one could almost class McKernan as that)

Good to see Otten and O'Shea travelling over.

Haven't seen the PM team for this week but last week's had a handful familiar names..Galea (played for WA for a while I reckon?), John Baird (PAM) Valenti, Skipper,

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by BrekkyDJ on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:01 am

Just a heads up from a Port Melbourne supporter Very Happy

The Boroughs supporters are having a pre-game get together at Young and Jacksons Pub at 10am (Sat) - In the city, opposite Flinders Street station.

Panthers supporters are more than welcome to drop in for a few froffies and some pre-game banter!

Also, the gates at the MCG will open at 11.15am, 20 minutes before the first bounce, and free entry is via Gate 6.
BrekkyDJ

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Add 2 more - good idea Nick, support a good sponsor. Would have been good if it was played here, not easy to go over twice, but it will enjoyable if we get a crowd at the Tonsley.
I hope by giving some lesser lights an opportunity to taste league level they get the chance to prove themselves. Thought Cross, Murphy, Wundke might have had rest they don't seem to have played at their best and I thought perhaps they might be carrying soreness/injury?
Anyway looking forward to seeing boys put on good show - Go youi mighty PANTHERS

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Great post BrekkyDJ.....thanks for the invite for the Panther faithful.

Let's hope it's a great game for all ..... With the Panthers coming out winners of course !!! Wink

Welcome to the forum

P74 Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:38 am

Not many southies backed up for the 2nd trip to the g. Was glad we rested some players and port Melb rested 7 or 8. Was very happy with the attack on the ball we showed from the first bounce but in the end were run over by a very good side. A port supporter told me they have only lost 2 games in the last 2 years. Rolfe was exceptional and really seemed to enjoy being the number 1 target up forward. His core strength and ability to fend off opponents and brake tackles is outstanding. We can hold our heads high from our performance in both games and would have gained slot of respect from the wider football community who may have never heard of us. Now we can really focus on making the sanfl finals. Another port supporter was telling me that we beat them in a preseason match about 30 to 35 years ago and he was happy to finally have the upper hand on us. Lol
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Maybe Port Melbourne took it easy today, they were beaten by Claremont at Subiaco and very much outplayed for the final three quarters!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Just make me wonder.

Which clubs take this competition seriously?
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum