South V Glenelg.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South V Glenelg.

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Back to earth after our foxtel cup committments and its a crucial game for us v the arch enemy- Glenelg.
Having rested Liddle,Wundke,Ainger,Bass and Houlihan I expect us to come out firing on all cylinders and smash the Bays, and watching that would be a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon Cool.
I really liked the look of our lineup against Sturt, but I guess we will have to take what the Afl clubs will gift us, I wouldnt mind betting that Carlile, Otten and Mckernan wont be with us this week. So all of a sudden we have to find two key defenders and a ruck/forward......... Rolling Eyes gulp.

Win this and we will probably be in the five.
im tipping us to win by 45 pts..
Go Panthers!! Twisted Evil
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Re: South V Glenelg.

Post by paul on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Im never confident with South when ever im confident they allways let you down I be happy if we win paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:24 pm

We have a good chance of knocking these clowns off!
A good effort against Port Melbourne, so hopefully we can build on that with the return of some key players.
Cant make the game but hope we can flog our southern nemesis!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:29 pm

I know we have had some big games this year, but think this will define our year. Until the next one of course.
Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Can't stand this mob down the hill with a passion !!!!

A game we must win.

Will be interested to see the selected side.

Our final chances with be defined in the next few weeks.

See you all at the game Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:53 pm

F. WUNDKE AINGER GOTCH
HF. STRIBLING MCKERNAN ROLFE
C. VEIDE THEWLIS WATSON
HB. MURPHY O’SHEA HOULIHAN
B. REDIGOLO OTTEN CRATE
FOLL. BASS CROSS LIDDLE
INT. CASLEY REDDEN DANIEL PFEIFFER TAYLOR
INTO 23 Ben Casley Jacob Crate Josh Thewlis
OUT Alipate Carlile - Power
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:59 pm

I like it !!!!! Smile

South by 30 points.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:45 pm

Very solid starting 18 for South. Fantastic to see Crate back. Otten's job on Kirkby/Lynch will be pivotal.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:57 am

Reasonable side that, however going in with one ruckman against the bays big lads, DB will have his work cut out, no doubt Shaun Mac to play a role. Our home form has been poor, this will be a tough contest on a tough winters day. Remember last years night game draw, this has all the igredients for something similar.
Welcome back Jacob Crate, great effort and dedication.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Yes side looks good on paper, lets hope we are switched on from the start. Could be a difficult game if weather is harsh but the endeavour and belief that the boys have shown in our good games will be what beats them.
This is a game we need to win and get some good home game form.
I agree well done Jacob Crate players like him make a club very strong.
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Final Glenelg 10-10-70 d South Adelaide 10-7-67

Bitterly disappointed & angry after dropping this.
We are obviously mentally weak when it counts!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:14 pm

Just got home and all that I said to Mrs P74 when I walked in the door was " weak as pi$$"

I'm still shaking my head over this game and I can't stand losing to this mob !!

Last edited by Panther74 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:21 pm

P74.....its a bloody hard gig!
My Nwd mates, ask me the question 'How much more can you take?'
Must admit after today's effort my patience is running pretty thin.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Evil or Very Mad Mad

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:24 pm

never been so bitterly disappointed after a game.....
we are playing like millionaires, standing around and waiting for something to happen...
havent been so p---sssed off in a long time. Mad Evil or Very Mad
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:09 pm

To Premier Panther Ive been asking the same questions for years HOW MUCH MORE CAN I TAKE if it wasnt for Shaun McKernan today, it would have got real ugly on the score board
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:19 pm

paul wrote:To Premier Panther Ive been asking the same questions for years HOW MUCH MORE CAN I TAKE if it wasnt for Shaun McKernan today, it would have got real ugly on the score board

Agreed Paul .... Our forwards did pretty much sweet F.A today. Evil or Very Mad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:22 pm

Simple - we sucked. Can anyone see that changing at least this season (or for any other, let's be brutally honest)? Crying or Very sad
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Nope!!! Don't see it changing for a while either !!!

Man, I'm P.O !!! Evil or Very Mad

The other question is have we improved from last year ???
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:09 pm

Well I am pleased I have waited till now to put my thoughts down about todays game.

Why am I pleased?

Because if I did it earlier I would have been accused of betraying my club.

Best I can say is that THE PLAYERS are betraying our club.

enough said.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 am

To Nick i totally agree with you hard decisions have to be made by our board by my count we have up to 17 to 18 recruits playing for us in our league team in every other grade its a disgrace , we clearly havnt got talent coming through the grades. I beleive we have a great coach but he can only do the best he can, with the players he has to work with. Tell the sanfl, change the zones to make it a level playing field or let south pickup to 15 crows players at the start of every season so we got more talent to pick from
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:30 am

The problem of the zone borders won't go away and, quite frankly, the other clubs will never agree to changing them - would you in their position? I don't know what the issue is, but we are playing like Jeckyl and Hyde at the moment, from one week to another or, like this weekend, from one half to another. I know we have a horrendous injury list this year, and as soon as we get a player back another one goes down, but how does that explain the weekend's result? Up by 4 goals at half time then suddenly we go away from the attacking style that won us the lead then appear to become defensive. When we had to score to win there was no system going into attack (and no effective targets after half time) and, more importantly, our mindset seemed to be defensively aimed - too late boys, we're behind!

If we are to make the finals we will need to get on a run that would put Usain Bolt to shame - can any of us see it happening? It just seems a lack of cohesive team attitude; where is the tight-knit group that was playing last year? Or has it been replaced with an idea that things will just happen because we played finals last year?

I, like every other poster here and many supporters who don't comment here, am frustrated, devastated and losing patience in another drifting season. This has obviously coloured my posts, but as Austen Tayshus said, "how much can a Koala bear?"

I don't know the answers to any of these questions, but we're going to have to find them bloody fast if we're to get anything out of this season...
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Yes, agree with most of the sentiments above.
It really hurts when we see our best and our worst -all in 1 game. And the part that really hurts is losing to that mob down the road, the team with streaks in their hair and spray tans.
We really have endured a shocking year with injuries, Josh now with a broken foot!, we cant take a trick. Several others are clearly playing with injury, or alternatively out of form or disinterested.
We are certainly in my opinion lacking on field leadership,and those in the leadership group really need to take a stand and get on the front foot in tight winnable games; not sit back and spectate.
We've been in front at halftime in 4 home games this season and lost the lot- if we'd won two of them we would be locked away comfortably in the five, watching the other sides belt each other up to take our spot.
If i was a betting man, and I am... we will be without Mckernan this week v the eagles, and he's going to leave a gaping hole on yesterdays performance.
On another note; I wish to congratulate the club and those responsible for arranging yesterdays Presidents lunch, which I was lucky enough to attend.
John Reid and Tony Symonds gave a most entertaining chat re the South v Glenelg rivallry This was followed by an interview with Crows coach Brenton Sanderson. There were 250 people present and all would have walked away extremely impressed with Sanderson the person and the coach. A "new age coach"in a modern game, and certainly a man with vast experience in the game although still only 37 years old.

I certainly had a great day...apart from the footy.. Crying or Very sad
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:40 pm

I hate this feeling of mixed emotions. I went to the Chairmans lunch and I really enjoyed it, particularly listening to Sanderson and John Reid. By half time I was sucked in to thinking it was going to be a great day.
I deliberately didn't post last night because I wanted to be more rational but am still searching for answers in my mind. For years we were hopeless but now we ALMOST seem to be getting somewhere as a club.
The finish last season was unexpectedly terrific, but are we improving? I don't expect that we win every game but now I expect more than the crap at Alberton or the 3rd quarter yesterday. We have talent but only show it sporadically and appear to lack self belief, faith in team mates and strong leadership. When the opposition puts strong tackling pressure in the clearances we seem to fall away with our one % efforts and our attack at the ball. If we can't deliver the ball quickly into our forward line then its rebounded far too easily. Although there some good signs in patches we are going nowhere if haven't got the strong mindset to fight against that opposition resurgence when we have a lead - that has happened far too often this year.
We have a good midfield and a potent forward line and although our backline is understrength I think we are significantly better than our results. When the confidence and desperation is shown for the whole game we will have more of the same. To see the ball trapped in the Bays 50 m arc and pushed into ours once or twice in a quarter of football after we had set the game up for a win that we REALLY needed makes our club look p... weak.
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Even though we lost by only 3 points it feels as though we got belted!
Another horrible second half display after setting the game up in the first half.
I have to question our fitness! Surely the fade outs have to be more than just physcological?
We had a good team on the park and the bays had a couple of key defenders pull out before the game, so that just makes it even worse!
Relying on Mckernan to try to win the game for us is simply not good enough and Ronnie has to seriously ask questions and get a response from a few players!
The bays have some good young guys with very little league experience playing well. Some of our blokes who are still young but have quite a few games under their belt should be doing better. Maybe talent wise they are not up to it? Self belief will only come with hard work and courage.These two traits seem to be lacking!
Again we have another opportunity to win a game this weekend, and the whole team should be on notice to pull their finger out and play with pride for the guernsey and themselves.
All good to say we will get to our destination in the future, as far as i am concerned the future starts against the Eagles.

What I wouldnt give to have a young Clay Sampson clone on the park at the moment! Someone who's actions speak louder than words!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum