Handles goes missing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Handles goes missing.

Post by the prowler on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:18 pm

This is posted on the Club website today

The South Adelaide FC is disappointed to advise, following his demotion to the reserves, Michael Handby has not attended any club appointments including training sessions, or responded to club phone calls.

The South Adelaide FC thanks Michael for his involvement over 8 years and wishes him all the best in his future endeavours. Michael’s SANFL career included 151 league games and 22 reserve games with both the South Adelaide and Glenelg FCs.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Re: Handles goes missing.

Post by saintal on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:55 am

Disappointing that a vice captain and long time servant of the club would choose to end his career that way.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by danny del re on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:07 am

yes very disappointing that one of the leaders of the club and a fans' favourite would choose to go down this path. Very disappointing. Crying or Very sad
danny del re

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:34 am

soft effort........htfu
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:53 am

Handles form would suggest it was inevitable in two weeks. I think the skipper might join him, but with a bit more dignity.
It's going to be a very young group next year. I don't think Ben and Michael have given us a huge amount on the field this year so they should be replaceable.
Now to find the quality of Horne, O'Keefe, Liddle and Gotch. Four more like that and hang on to everyone else and we might be getting somewhere.
Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:22 am

Handles should have stuck around for the final two weeks, and pulled the pin then. Easy for us to comment on it without knowing the full story I guess..but unfortunately the situation has a very 'south' feel about it.

I still think that if Dugga was keen to play on in 2011, he’d have something to offer. Kicked about 50 goals last year, and is sitting at around 30 this year. With an improved midfield you’d hope he could kick 40 odd.

What we do desperately need is a CHF though. McKenna tries hard, but I don’t think is the answer. With Warren likely to move on, and McKernan on the fringe of playing for Adelaide, we are lacking tall options.

A Brent Tuckey type would be nice Razz

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:16 pm

As Saintal says its difficult to comment without knowing the full story of what has happened.

Its obviously a bitter pill to be dropped to the magoos, Tyson Edwards quit the Crows in similar circumstances. Yet if the only way to retain a player is to garantee them game time in the League side then its best IMO that they part company. Ultimatley the Senior Coach has to make his decision and the old South Adelaide way would be to question it, this time around I think its fairly set in concrete that the Coaching staff have the support of the majority of members as hard decisions have to be made and are taken accordingly.

Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Im actually not really that suprised.

Handles, to be blunt, this year has not been in great form. He was made vice captain of South and has not really seen to have stepped up to the plate this year.

I have seen this guy win games on his own boot.....he has one of the best kicks I have seen. I loved watching him get the ball out the middle and kick it 60 metres plus down the full forward square. In our 2006 finals season he was awesome at doing that.

I dont know....something as gone wrong this year that some of us will never find out. I still think the guy has what it takes but needs a kick up the backside sometimes to perform,

He is a player who when is HOT he is HOT but when his confidence drops he really has a few shockers of games.

This is just my opinion.

I do however wish him all the best in whatever he does.....

I knew this season was going to see a few go.....we are getting a big list already but Southies....its all for the good Smile

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:20 pm

Hail Tracto nos quisnam es super ingravesco nemorosus spooners tutus vos
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:48 pm

One question ....why was it reported thar he was "happy" at South in an article in the Advertiser about 2 weeks ago??

I guess things moved quickly??? Shocked
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by scooby68 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:46 am

South Adelaide find it very hard to retain players for whatever reason, out of the 2006 side that played in the finals i can only think of 1 player left from that team (there might be more) Some have retired, but most have left for whatever reason.In the other sanfl clubs you would have to think that a least 6 players are still playing for the same team.What we need is people who are prepared to play for the jumper, I remember Norwood about 5 years ago holding camps for local people to try out for the club and if i remember they got Zorzi and a couple of others. This is a good way for South to get the local people out, people who want to play league football for South. Yes things are changing (about time) but we need to encourage local kids and local people to the club to make it succesfull.
scooby68

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Zorzi local? He's from the Northern Bullants in Melbourne
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:16 pm

Maybe Handles has been found, according to todays rag, and has surfaced at Prospect.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum