South v North

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South v North

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Massive game this week v North, as well as the following week against Sturt. Both games at home.......we should be confident but our record at home this season is not good. Surely a desire to lock ourselves in the five with two solid wins will see us show a full four quarter effort and get us over the line.
I feel if we can give our forwards enough quality supply we will get the points this week. If Rolfe Ainger and Wundke can get their hands on it often enough we'll win and win comfortably.Again our defence is a worry and hopefully the Crows leave Otten with us for a while, even though he played a blinder against the Eagles; he'll leave a gaping hole if he's not there.
Pretty confident going into this game....see you there..! Very Happy
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Re: South v North

Post by darley16 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:55 am

A confident South supporter, onya B&W, iám soiling myself over this game and next week for that matter. North will start angry after the baking the players have copped this week and i can't remember a win after a bye ever! Our home form is rubbish but we all know we have a good team very capable of finals. Character will determine our next 2 games.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:02 pm

If we cannot win games such as this we may as well forget any chance of finals! Our home form really has been poor, especially our second halfs. The one thing I am noticing is we struggle on bigger grounds. Time to come out breathing fire and get some positive home form on the board, nothing but a win will be acceptable. Hope the crows don't need Otten!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:06 pm

From what I have heard, North got a absolute "pasting" by Josh Franco after the loss to Port last weekend.

North will be ready to react on our home turf. If this was at Prospect I would be more positive.

This home ground hoodoo is a real worry. As I heard a guy sitting in front of me in the grandstand at the Glenelg game quote " I can't work them (South) out ...this home ground should be a fortress where teams hate playing here....a bit like what its like for Central (Elizabeth)"

Anyway, to the point. We have to come out firing for this game. A must win.
I dont think there will be many 2nd chances after this one as the footy gods smiled on us last weekend with how the results went.

My tip : South by 2 goals. (coming from the heart)

Come on guys, us long suffering supporters deserve something.

Bring it on and see all you Southees there!! Smile

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:43 pm

A number of points to prove:
reversal of poor form at home
improved performance after the bye
A win to be a game clear in 5th place

If we are to signal our intentions as finals aspirant, this is a must win.
Agreed the Roosters will come out hard after their performance against Port.
Correct mind set, intensity & 4 quarter performance, & there's no reason why we shouldn't win this!

There with Bells on!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:38 pm

F. AINGER WUNDKE DANIEL
HF. GOTCH CASLEY ROLFE
C. VEIDE MURPHY STRIBLING
HB. TAYLOR DE VISSER REDIGOLO
B. CRATE CRABB HOULIHAN
FOLL. BASS CROSS LIDDLE
INT. HOURIGAN PFEIFFER WATSON BROOKSBY CAREY

INTO 23 Darcy Hourigan Lachlan Carey Ben Casley Cam De Visser
OUT Cam O’Shea – Broken foot Andy Otten - Crows
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Couldn't agree more with what has been said here. Time to mature as a footy club, the next 2 games define our season.
Not the strongest line up, not the greatest form at home, and we have been poor after a bye. If we had beaten Glenelg by finishing the game off as we should have we would be playing for 3rd spot.
HOWEVER if we front with the right attitude then we could be approaching the finals with confidence. Perhaps we are learning what is required - I feel quietly optimistic
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:24 am

Massive outs down back, this concerns me. Joel and Nick should win the hard inside ball all day as they usually do, we need people to step up, put in the work to receive the outside ball, break the lines and get it into our potent forward line quickly. If we can do this we should walk away with the 2 points easily. Seems every week is a must win game that can set up our season. I believe!!! Might even have a wager if the odds are good. Cmon you panthers!!!!
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:18 pm

Yep. Defense is a huge worry.

Dont think we have much height, Sad

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:00 pm

North Adelaide 13.13 91

def

South Adelaide 13.7 85

Another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

Gutted, not because of this result but because of the fact that its season over yet again for the SAFC. Go ahead play the kids and lets all hope that next season will be better. The more things change, the more they actually stay the same...
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:13 pm

We let yet another one slip today. It was there for the taking, but as usual we came up short.

Umpires put in a disgraceful performance, their interpretation of the holding ball rule & head high tackle was totalling inconsistent.
Not to mention the deliberate out of bounds also in time on.

Consistently we blazed away into our 50, & the number of times I saw 2-3 North defenders to 1 South forward was mind boggling.

Our inability to win at our home ground ,what's the solution? how do we turn this around?

Great performance by the ressies today.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Just awful !!

Seriously, this home losing record is getting beyond a joke !!!

Absolutely shattered tonight and don't really feel like writing much else on here tonight.

Don't know how much more South fans can take !!! Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Ive have to agree with all earlier posts Yes the umpires were a joke dissgracefull we certainly missed Andrew Ainger at centre half forward ,out with the flue yes i would play some kids but have we any that are up to it
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:43 pm

'yes i would play some kids but have we any that are up to it.'

My Kids are heading down there for the training clinic?

Sorry, needed to cheer up somehow! Wink
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:22 am

How about those crows, impressive! lol
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:39 am

Our "kids" are not ready and should not thrown to the wolves. The season is not over until it's over, the endevour from our lads was excellent, we were one dimensional going into the forward line and moved the ball across the ground too much instead of direct, maybe no Andrew Ainger detemined that. Remember we were bottom the year before last and were getting thumped, we have improved and clearly have some way to go, sure these losses break your heart but don't let them break your spirit. As a club we have improved with most players committed for next year as they are the ones that know the path we're on will lead to better days ahead.

Enjoy our supporters passion but abusing umpires at 1/4 time breaks is playing into the oppostion hands, please lads if you read this site stop the abuse towards the umpires it works against the very team you're there to support!
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:26 am

darley16 wrote:Our "kids" are not ready and should not thrown to the wolves. The season is not over until it's over, the endevour from our lads was excellent, we were one dimensional going into the forward line and moved the ball across the ground too much instead of direct, maybe no Andrew Ainger detemined that. Remember we were bottom the year before last and were getting thumped, we have improved and clearly have some way to go, sure these losses break your heart but don't let them break your spirit. As a club we have improved with most players committed for next year as they are the ones that know the path we're on will lead to better days ahead.

Enjoy our supporters passion but abusing umpires at 1/4 time breaks is playing into the oppostion hands, please lads if you read this site stop the abuse towards the umpires it works against the very team you're there to support!

ditto
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:28 pm

x2

Would it be imprudent to suggest that it may actually have the reverse effect, with the 50/50 decisions going against the team whose supporters have been so vocal? Hard not to be angry when you see your side being negatively affected by the umpiring but they are human, so can easily make mistakes like the rest of us AND can just as easily get their backs up and go against you because you've bagged them.

I did think it was a pretty poor performance from them on the weekend, mainly from an inconsistency point of view, with holding the ball and manhandling forwards, however the final quarter was by far the worst. Luke Ivens throw and deliberate out of bounds was laughably bad but I doubt any comment will be passed on the three umpires by the observer, as they only ever seem to talk about how far the boundary umpires need to be from the play (judging from what I overheard at Woodville Oval a few weeks ago).
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:00 am

x3

Yes, footy is a pretty passionate game, and people in the heat of the moment get pretty fired up when they feel they are getting a raw deal from the umpires. I also feel that abusing them at the 1/4 and 3/4 time breaks is not only embarrassing for the club but is more than likely counterproductive when it comes to a 50/50 decision later in the match.
I've always believed that you should never waste too much time and energy on things that you cant control or do anything about. The team and the club have enough things to worry about, nothing we say or do will change anything, so why bother?
Having said all that , like many others on Sunday I feel we were shafted big time. Twisted Evil
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Worry about how we can stop the inconsistencies in our our game! Maybe we drew the short staw in some decisions, but no amount of discontent will change anything!
Until we can apply sustained pressure for four quaters we will struggle to get results.
Being relentless in pressure, hunting the ball in numbers and using the ball will deliver the goods.
We really have to get this home game monkey off our backs!
As Ronnie said forget finals, even though we are not dusted just yet!
Total effort required this sunday! we must win!!!!!!!!!!!!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum