South v Sturt...Sunday

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South v Sturt...Sunday

Post by the prowler on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Another vital game lies ahead this Sunday.

Are we capable of toppling the Double Blues?

After last Sundays dissapointment, can we bounce back?

No Carlisle to bolster our backhalf like we had last time at Unley, and no other AFL listed player by the looks unless we get Dogga for a game or two.

So whats our chances going to be?
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Re: South v Sturt...Sunday

Post by Scoop on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:03 pm

If we get Ainger back yes - if not, I doubt it. We were too one dimensional on Sunday, constantly looking for Wundke, which North identified and often double-teamed him. That said I think our delivery to him wasn't great, often high and long, rather than in front, demanding a lead.

On a positive note Peter Rolfe's report was withdrawn on Monday, so no case to answer, play on this Sunday.
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:20 pm

From watching the game on Sunday against North (including the Glenelg game)......No chance.

Sturt love playing at Noarlunga....We Dont!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:08 am

Looking forward to going to the game on Sunday. I think!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:30 am

Put simply, this game is season defining for all soughts of reasons.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:12 pm

This is a must win for us if we loose Id think we might have one hand on the wooden spoon
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:21 pm

Emotionally we certainly get our money's worth supporting South! Another game we have to win - probably lucky that it is such a close competition.
The breaks that seem to affect us, we sometimes don't start well, we can't handle the bye and after half time we can't concentrate or find the right attitude.
Interesting to read Ron's comments regarding consistency being more important than finals, but who is it that isn't listening - players, board, supporters, media?? Puts it into perspective.
Surely we learn to use our own oval better, unless we stream out of defence very quickly we struggle to find target and then bomb it in. I am sure that Ron has been frustrated with that as much as us.
Given our inconsistent form we will probably win well.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:24 pm

F. BASS WUNDKE GOTCH
HF. TAYLOR AINGER DANIEL
C. CROSS MURPHY ROLFE
HB. CRATE VEIDE HOULIHAN
B. CASLEY CRABB REDIGOLO
FOLL. BROOKSBY STRIBLING LIDDLE
INT. PFEIFFER DE VISSER SCOTT-COLLINGS WATSON CAREY

INTO 23 Lachlan Carey Andrew Ainger Daniel Scott-Collings – 1st SAFC League game if selected from Glenelg FC

OUT Darcy Hourigan – Omitted
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Shaun McKernan might be a surprise inclusion as he has been named as an emergency for the Crows. I reckon they may play him with us to get match fitness. Wonder how he would go at CHB as he played a lot there in his juniors?
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:28 am

Wasnt Shaun Supposed to be out for 4 weeks, or has that passed already?
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:38 am

Must have recovered much quicker than expected. Heard him speak on ABC radio last saturday and it sounded like he was still a few weeks away.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Sturt 15-7 d South 14-7

Well it happened again! Shattered with the result.....

Fighting qualities at times, but when it was there to be won went missing & putting the contest in perspective, Sturt won't play finals anyway.

Guess the only thing to gain from the season is avoiding the wooden spoon.

Ronnie start planning for 2013
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Very disappointing! Our skill level at times was ordinary and in the wash up we probably got what we deserved. Our first quarter was plop, and it wasn't until half way through the second that we started to win the ball and use it.
We played ok in patches, but if we don't bring intensity we are not much chop.
Lots to work on and maybe time to plan for next season and try and finish off this season with a result or two! To win one home match to this point in the season is not very encouraging!
Onward and upward!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:24 pm

BANG !! There goes the year !!!

Shattering !!!

What can you say really ??

It's South Adelaide isn't it ???

Feel like the heart has been ripped apart tonight.

Where to now ?? Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Gutted.

I suppose when you lose 7 of 8 home games , all which we were in a position to win at some stage we only have ourselves to blame.

The next few weeks we have some tough opponents, who unlike us will be building for finals. We will in my humble opinion win the spoon, which is an absolute disaster after last years encouraging performances.

We have 7 players who are SANFL league players, & 7 who are reasonable, and 7 who are plainly not up to it. Quite a few will be playing for their league careers during the next few weeks....will be interesting to see how they react.

I thought at the end of last season we were building towards something pretty special, something that most very patient south supporters have not seen for almost 50 yrs........but alas ,I believe no matter how we spin it...we are back to square one. Crying or Very sad
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by panther67 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Yep

Very dissapointing.
To make matters worse we probably had our best side except for a few injuries. This is all compounded by our lack of quality juniors coming through.

Really hope that we can finish off with a couple of wins - PLEASE

panther67

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:51 pm

What do you say to watching us lose yet another match at home? And in this case to the bottom side of the SANFL?

We have played and won some good games away this season, yet get consistent results like this at home. How is it that rival SANFL sides can play much better footy on our own home ground week in and week out?

Its all well to suggest that we go drop several players at the end of the season but who do we replace them with, players from the SFL or from rival SANFL clubs again?

Ron came to the SFC suggesting that South need a five year plan to turn this club around, I totally agree and think that the more support that he gets from the club and its supporters the better.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Nail the coffin on season 2012 Mad A year that promised a lot but has delivered so very little.

Poor start hurt us like last week. Once we 'switched on' we played some good footy, but we're not good enough to play in patches as we have been. Cross and Liddle were busy, but for most of the day we were unaccountable when the ball wasn't in our hands. Sturt often had a spare man running through half forward. Rolfe was lively again and Wundke made the most of his opportunities. Liked the game again of Veide across CHB. He's been one of the few positives from this season. Nathan Daniel was was a definite favourite of mine last season (snagged 25+ goals from memory ontop of his 'in and under' work) but his form has really dropped away this year. Went without a kick today.

Yet another bye coming up (&*^* foxtel cup )

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Tony *#&^@$ Dey...
Scoop

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:53 am

No umpiring to blame for our inability to win the game! The squad we have is surely holding a few players that are just not up to it! Not being negative just honest! Plenty of angles you can look at it but sturt deserved to win as they played more consistently throughout the game.
Our pressure and ability to lock the ball in our forward line, and accountability all over the ground is second rate!!
We are in dire need of a couple of experienced players who can use the ball under the blow torch of match day pressure.
Groundhog day gets tiring, let's hope we manage to show some spirit in the next three weeks after the bye as we play the top three sides!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:41 am

While our use going forward is certainly a problem I can't but think that a couple of dubious frees given (or seemingly clear ones not given) in prime goal scoring positions late in the game hurt us. Same last week with Iven's deliberate out of bounds and a holding the ball in the goal square. Not an excuse, however doesn't help and frankly I think we've been shafted more than our fair share of times by the umpires in the last month.

It would seem I am destined to walk the earth cursed to never see a premiership...
Scoop

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Id have to agree with all other posts just like to say on a lighter note every new coach we get has a two to three year plan to turn our club around I dont think its in Rons plan after three years to be at the bottom
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:55 pm

No one wants to be bottom, but until we have enough depth to DROP!!! Players who clearly aren't performing we will be exactly where we are today!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum