Panthers v Glenelg

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Panthers v Glenelg

Post by panther magic on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Can we finish off the year with a win against our nemesis?
No we are not finals bound but at least with a win can finish off the season on a good note and stop the bays from having a shot of making the finals!
A message to the club, please try and get Michael Doughty to the club for next season!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Re: Panthers v Glenelg

Post by the prowler on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:46 pm

We are good enough on last weeks form to bury Glenelg deeper, our form over the last 5 or 6 weeks has been pretty good except for the last little bit.

Having Dogga back next year will certainly be a forward step for the Club.

Dont just let him fade off into the distance.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:58 pm

Just finish off The Bays getting into finals which would give me something to smile ( and great satisfaction !! ) about after a very very average season Sad

Absolutely can't stand that mob down the hill !!
Evil or Very Mad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Been a pretty disappointing year....but flogging the Tiggers would see us complete the season on a somewhat pleasing note.
Just to pull the rug out from them whilst in the middle of their finals preparation would be sweet.
The amusing thing for me is,that deep down that mob from down the hill know we are going to do it too!!!! Razz Twisted Evil
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Funny you say that B&W ... Spoke to 3 bay supporters today and all confessed like talking to a priest in a confessional booth ....

" you will beat us "

I actually felt good about their lack of confidence.

Loved getting verbally abused as I walked to my car with my south scarf on at the night game win we had at the bay so to do it again will be all so sweet!

Let's do it lads and make a start in 2013 Wink
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:59 pm

F. ROLFE WUNDKE MCKAY
HF. WATSON AINGER DANIEL
C. MURPHY OTTEN CROSS
HB. HOULIHAN CRABB CAREY
B. REDIGOLO TARQUIN BROWN MILLER
FOLL. BROOKSBY STRIBLING LIDDLE
INT. BEILBY PFEIFFER CRATE GOTCH BASS

INTO 23 Jacob Crate Xavier Gotch Daniel Bass
OUT Shaun McKernan – Crows
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Mad
southernladbornandbred wrote:F. ROLFE WUNDKE MCKAY
HF. WATSON AINGER DANIEL
C. MURPHY OTTEN CROSS
HB. HOULIHAN CRABB CAREY
B. REDIGOLO TARQUIN BROWN MILLER
FOLL. BROOKSBY STRIBLING LIDDLE
INT. BEILBY PFEIFFER CRATE GOTCH BASS

INTO 23 Jacob Crate Xavier Gotch Daniel Bass

OUT Shaun McKernan – Crows

I find this bizarre for quite a number of reasons...Mad:x Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad affraid
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:05 am

Thought the same B&W.

So has Mckernan been selected for the Crows ?

If not , he would be a required player for us on Sunday.

I did not see his name as a IN for the crows last night .

Interesting .....
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:42 am

Probably been named as an emergency. I'd imagine he'll be playing for us on Sunday, crows will want him to keep playing. He's due for a decent performance, has been struggling a bit around the ground. Ruck work generally good though.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:32 am

I'd like to see big Daniel Bass playing league, completely puzzled why he's been in the magoos and hope he has signed for next year and doesn't leave us, his form this year particularly first half of the season was outstanding. Daniel and Brookers present one of the best ruck combinations in the comp.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:51 am

Agree on Bass. Honest, hard working player.

Could be the last time we see the likes of Otten and McKernan running around for South. Interesting times ahead with the AFL reserves debate. Pros and Cons if the AFL clubs form their own reserve teams.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:08 pm

We were lucky enough to have Bass this year so to see him not playing in the league is puzzling .... His form has been better than some players that have been selected.

I few in the side that I would be questioning before big Bassy !! Evil or Very Mad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:32 pm

You'd expect McKernan to front for us on Sunday if not required by Crows, but I hope Bass stays in the 21 regardless.
The only area he hasn't improved is in giving away free kicks BUT only the umps know why half of them are awarded in ruck contests.
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:42 pm

Thank god your not picking the side panther74. Out of interest, who in the 21 do you want out or him?

Ps, was good the the magoos last week so deserves his recall, but dropped of badly leading up to that
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Just think Bass deserves to be there .

Won't say who should not out of respect . Wink

As long as we win against this mob Growl ... I'm happy Smile

See ya there !!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:23 pm

B&W63 wrote:You'd expect McKernan to front for us on Sunday if not required by Crows, but I hope Bass stays in the 21 regardless.
The only area he hasn't improved is in giving away free kicks BUT only the umps know why half of them are awarded in ruck contests.

Call me you cynical if you like....
but after todays afl result, and the injuries the crows suffered, Whats the betting on McKernan and or Otten being pulled for Sundays game...?
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:15 am

Agree panther, just suggesting it is very easy to have a crack St a coach by saying who he should have included, but not have the balls o say who he should ave excluded. I suppose that is why he coach is the coach, and we are supporters. We can sit back and give opinions without any real reason or ramifications. Anyway, let's just beat these poofters down the road, then get on ith making 2013 the year of the panthers!
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:59 am

blueandwhite wrote:
B&W63 wrote:You'd expect McKernan to front for us on Sunday if not required by Crows, but I hope Bass stays in the 21 regardless.

Call me you cynical if you like....
but after todays afl result, and the injuries the crows suffered, Whats the betting on McKernan and or Otten being pulled for Sundays game...?

Yep agree . Don't think we will have them.

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:22 pm

To win from behind at 3 qtr time with only 17 fit players is a great effort.

Although I had feelings of disappointment that it took us until the final game of the season to finally win a close game.

South 18.7.115
Glenelg 15.8.98
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:44 pm

Fairly entertaining game. Spirited is a word seldomly used to describe South, but there was a bit on show in the second half. With ziltch on the bench in the final term (including Rolfe who had kicked half a dozen goals to that stage) and Liddle hobbling in a forward pocket, it was pleasing to over run the Bays. Loved Liddle's tackle in the last that set up a McKernan goal. Wundke unsighted for 3 terms before bagging 5 in the final quarter, a couple of which were absolute gems. Hopefully Cross puts pen to paper soon while Watson showed a bit today.

Hard year to assess for us. Much more consistent than last season, yet we'll finish 4 rungs lower on the ladder. Massive opportunity wasted really. It's been said 1000 times before but narrow losses, especially at home killed us.

Button to get weeks for the sling tackle? I didn't see it personally so can't comment.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Despite being a horrible year for the club, to knock Glenelg again out of the Finals is in some way satisfying! Sturt cop yet another Wooden Spoon. Plenty to say on 2012, but am very happy to enjoy today anyway!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:01 pm

yes a really great win against our whipping boys, the bays.
Great to see the side lift when the chips were down, couple of goals behind at 3/4 time and only 17 fit players says it all.
Its the type of spirit we could have used in all those "near misses" earlier in the year.
I have a lot of Man love for Nick liddle, Shocked Rolling Eyes
his efforts to stay on the ground in the last quarter when he couldnt run or kick; and to effect a a telling tackle and take an mark which resulted in a goal were 2 inspirational and team lifting efforts which helped get us over the line.What a super player he is.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:37 pm

Totally agree B&W.

One of the most inspiring things I have seen for South in years was to see Liddle stay on the ground when others would of "pulled the pin". This is leadership stuff! Something I think we have all talked about on here this year. There is alot of Man Love for him with me too. Laughing
Seriously though....he deserves a medal (which I hope he might get!! )

What a wonderful day to beat the "pretty" boys down on their home turf once again this year. To see the reaction of the Bays fans after the game was priceless.....made me feel so proud of our boys efforts today.

Good way to finish off the year. We ended the Bays dream of playing finals footy. (sorry to be negative with the Bays...just have a strong dislike of them....with reason but wont go there!!)

So the season has finished and we must now all stick together for 2013.

Great to see the boys finish off the season with 2 wins and not put their heads in the sand and roll over....must give them credit there.

Cant wait to give it to the Bays supporters at work!!!

Razz
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Du da du da du! Lids albino
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:10 am

Courage + Character + Persistance = WIN, WIN WIN!!!!!
Nick Liddle deserves all the acolades in the last 1/4, haven't seen that type of stuff since Schneezer in the 1980's playing with one arm at footy park and Clay Sampson puting his own shoulder back in place then making a tackle, this is the stuff of South Adelaide FC!
Really hope this team stays together all we missed this year was a little luck, footy gods and we'd be playing finals, plenty to look forward to in 2013 Very Happy . Hope all injured players (Rolfey, Houli, Brownie, Lidds) make quick recovery.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum