Cross & Ainger - are they re-signing with the club???

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cross & Ainger - are they re-signing with the club???

Post by Panther74 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:20 pm

I think it is disappointing that the recruiting staff go out their way to get these guys to our club and they go through a big process of finding the right type of character in a player who fits what we want at South.

Unfortunately sometimes true colours come out sometimes.....

Only rumours yet but lets wait and see how this all unfolds.....

Interesting times for us die hards!!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:26 pm

Waiting on the outcome here, before passing judgement.

Let's hope it's a good one!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:45 am

Article from Adelaide Now:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/joel-still-at-cross-roads/story-fn525un5-1226494310737[/url]

So we might lose Crossy back home to Victoria, I would be disappointed to see him go but could at least live with this. I hope like hell he doesn't end up at a rival club next Season. Geez I hope he does re-sign though!!!!!!![/
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Yep agree ... If he goes home to Victoria I can understand. If he goes to a rival club I will never understand ....

... Still another day and still the wait continues Sad

Us Southees had the belief in you when no one else did ....

Come on Joel .. Us Southees need you ! Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:13 am

Seriously what is taking so long with this????? Why does our club have so much trouble signing star players when other clubs seem to do it easy. We have lost Archard, Mcglone, Boyd, Parry, Warren, Cockshell, Koster all to rival clubs in recent times and all of these players are starting 18 league players. Now I know the old saying we don't want them if they won't commit to the club but I also want to see a premiership and we cannot keep losing quality players every year. Particularly when we make our rivals stronger. Has a megarey medalist ever left the club for a rival club the year after winning the medal? We finished 8th with Cross & Ainger where will we finish without the best player in league and 6th highest goal kicker in league???????? PLEASE JUST RE-SIGN!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Agreed ! Getting a bit too long now and don't want it to drag into preparation for the 2013 season.

Hope some news very soon !
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Seriously what is taking so long with this????? Why does our club have so much trouble signing star players when other clubs seem to do it easy. We have lost Archard, Mcglone, Boyd, Parry, Warren, Cockshell, Koster all to rival clubs in recent times and all of these players are starting 18 league players. Now I know the old saying we don't want them if they won't commit to the club but I also want to see a premiership and we cannot keep losing quality players every year. Particularly when we make our rivals stronger. Has a megarey medalist ever left the club for a rival club the year after winning the medal? We finished 8th with Cross & Ainger where will we finish without the best player in league and 6th highest goal kicker in league???????? PLEASE JUST RE-SIGN!!!!!

I'm with you PP!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:21 pm

See latest from Adelaide Now:

'SOUTH Adelaide key forward Andrew Ainger has been linked to two rival SANFL clubs for next season as his contract negotiations with the Panthers appear to stall.'

'Ainger, who kicked 45 goals in 18 matches for the Panthers this season after arriving at the club from Belconnen Magpies in 2010, is rumoured to be unhappy at Noarlunga and had yet to put pen to paper at Southern Times Messenger deadline.

North Adelaide and the Eagles are the clubs being linked to the 197cm, 98 kg target.

North Adelaide CEO Greg Edwards said a player like Ainger would be a great asset to any club.

"From our point of view who wouldn't be interested in getting Andrew Ainger across if he was interested in moving," Edwards told the Southern Times Messenger last week.

"We are obviously in the market for one, if not two key forwards.

"We've got room in our team (for that kind of player) and we'd love to find at least one of those and if Andrew Ainger wanted to come here we would be really interested in it.

"But we've got a process to go through before we recruit players and we will go through that process if and when players become available, and that includes Andrew Ainger."

Eagles football manager Trent Hentschel said his club would be interested in Ainger but would not be drawn into making any comment on whether it had made contact with the 24 year old.

South Adelaide football manager Neill Sharpe could not be contacted for comment on Ainger before presstime.

Meantime, uncertainty still surrounds Magarey Medallist Joel Cross' playing future with the Panthers.

Cross, who arrived at Noarlunga via Victorian suburban club Scoresby in 2010, is yet to commit despite the club telling the Southern Times Messenger last week it hoped a deal would be finalised by now.'

It doesn't sound hopefull, but I guess we can only take it as speculation, until the club officially responds.

Hopefully the club has does enough forward thinking

Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasel on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:41 pm

These guys would have come across on base salary only, their form now warrants a pay rise but I don't think we have room in the cap considering we got Wundke, Stribling etc in the same year who would be on good dollars. We would be struggling to fit them in unfortunately.
Weasel

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:33 pm

This seems to be dragging on a little! Cross I can understand if he wants to move back to Victoria ,but Ainger can keep walking if this is his attitude!
Good player who I'd rather not lose but if his heart isn't at Noarlunga then bugger off!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:19 pm

panther magic wrote:This seems to be dragging on a little! Cross I can understand if he wants to move back to Victoria ,but Ainger can keep walking if this is his attitude!
Good player who I'd rather not lose but if his heart isn't at Noarlunga then bugger off!!!

here here! and take Carey too - never saw him play a decent game.

Ainger is a big risk with dodgey ankles as well have read on another site.

It also mentioned Cross had signed, which I thnk we all knew was imminent
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Seriously what is taking so long with this????? Why does our club have so much trouble signing star players when other clubs seem to do it easy. We have lost Archard, Mcglone, Boyd, Parry, Warren, Cockshell, Koster all to rival clubs in recent times and all of these players are starting 18 league players. Now I know the old saying we don't want them if they won't commit to the club but I also want to see a premiership and we cannot keep losing quality players every year. Particularly when we make our rivals stronger. Has a megarey medalist ever left the club for a rival club the year after winning the medal? We finished 8th with Cross & Ainger where will we finish without the best player in league and 6th highest goal kicker in league???????? PLEASE JUST RE-SIGN!!!!!

Note sure Warren and Cockshell would have made much difference to us this year - works both ways, reckon North fans would be saying the same thing re Wunke and Stribling?
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Hope Cross signing will be made official soon.
If and it sounds correct that Ainger goes it will mean we need another tall forward, and a good one.

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:22 pm

While I understand Joel Cross has some family issues, surely his fiancee would encourage him to continue with his football success even if only for the short term. I hope that this is the only issue. We certainly need him for next year.
Carey is no loss, but Ainger yes and no. He was a target that required a top opposition defender and when he had a good day was hard to beat. However he has dodgy ankles and has a pack crashing leap that could injure himself or somebody else.
I thought he was happy here and that we had nurtured after him - is there some issue apart from money?

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:29 pm

B&W63 wrote:While I understand Joel Cross has some family issues, surely his fiancee would encourage him to continue with his football success even if only for the short term. I hope that this is the only issue. We certainly need him for next year.
Carey is no loss, but Ainger yes and no. He was a target that required a top opposition defender and when he had a good day was hard to beat. However he has dodgy ankles and has a pack crashing leap that could injure himself or somebody else.
I thought he was happy here and that we had nurtured after him - is there some issue apart from money?

I think the playing group may have gone off him a bit - was a broken down fat bloke from a ordinary league when South took him on - now thinks he is a super star, yet only averages a bit over one goal a game and is quite scared at times - I think the playing group has spoken - great news re Crossy though - that bloke can play
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasel on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:38 pm

The Growl wrote:
B&W63 wrote:While I understand Joel Cross has some family issues, surely his fiancee would encourage him to continue with his football success even if only for the short term. I hope that this is the only issue. We certainly need him for next year.

I think the playing group may have gone off him a bit - was a broken down fat bloke from a ordinary league when South took him on - now thinks he is a super star, yet only averages a bit over one goal a game and is quite scared at times - I think the playing group has spoken - great news re Crossy though - that bloke can play

Hello Bunton
Weasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:46 pm

We need to retain Cross. I couldn't cope with that. Ainger makes Kurt Tippett look like Crows best clubman if he leaves. I would think like Kurt that when you play every week in your preferred position that there is only one reason you leave and it won't be because the coach is taller. Show me the money!
Now that Carey has moved he may kick the ball to us more often.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 pm

So Crossy has re-signed with the club? I would hope for announcement tomorrow then. Great news if true.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Ill wait to see what Ainger/Carey does before I comment......but be prepared!! Evil or Very Mad

Fingers crossed for Crossy!!! Wink
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Cross re-signed with South, according to the club's facebook account.

First time a thread has gotten to 69 replies? Wink

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:08 pm

You bloody ripper Crossy you are a legend mate!!!!!! Finals here we come in 2013!!!!!! Josh thewlis has also re-signed with the club cause he knows the Panthers are on the way up!!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane panthers on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Thats great news on crossy and thewlis. All we need now is a CHB. 1 step closer to a premiership. Go u PANTHERS!!!!!
Hurricane panthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:30 pm

I'm not sure why everyone is hanging $hit on Ainger. Taking Internet forum rumors out of it, Id have him in my starting 18 every week. And Carey is probably handier than quite a few ahead of him. One of the few guys at the club with a bit of mongrel about them. Being that those guys and Cross all live together, lets hope they all stay. It's pronounced 'sta-bil-it-eeee'!
2013..... H(urry)TFU!!!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by DOC on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:59 pm

Yep. I would keep both. With regards to us needing a CHB, well McNamara and Thewlis would do me nicely. We have been sniffing around Beard from Port, but I think the other two are certainly good enough and I'll bet far more dedicated to the cause than most.

DOC

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Id have to agree 100% Choaty Ainger gives us a good tall target up forward, we are a much better team when he is playing than not. I would hate to loose him to a rival team I have spoken to him a few times after games he has been very plesant to talk to here are my thoughts hes not working a rival club have offered him more money to play plus employment so at the end of the day he could be fourty to fifty thoundsand a year better of what would you do if you were in his shoes remember he hasnt grown up to love the club like me and you
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum