Cross & Ainger - are they re-signing with the club???

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cross & Ainger - are they re-signing with the club???

Post by Choaty on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Isn't he employed by the SANFL Paul? I think he's tied up with the Auskick side of things there?
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Good to see that Cross and Thewlis are both on board for 2013. Glenelg cut several players from their list today and fare welled Kirk to WWT, I would suggest that various sides are going through the very same thing as us as they get ready for the end of the trading period in the AFL. Its not good if Ainger goes and I hope he does not, yet I also have confidence in our club that we can and will do well when it comes to our turn to make offers to potential recruits for 2013 and I do think we can bat above our weight in this area as we have done in the past.

Get ready to see a list from the club of players that do not make the cut for 2013, it goes both ways and the club will be cutting some players in the next few weeks. Keep the faith in the club to repoint our list accordingly, I get the feeling we are very much building a quality list for next season.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi Choaty Andrew Ainger told me late in the season he wasnt working maybe Auskick came in later or didnt think it was work at the time I couldnt imagine Auskick paying to much money more like a bit of drinking money i allways thought he enjoyed playing for the club I think if he leaves its only because he has had a better offer from a rival club
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:13 am

Andrew was working as an Auskick Coordinator for the SANFL, as I understand it. I think that all three players add to our squad, with Cross onball, Ainger providing a strong target at CHF and Carey some defensive pressure at HFF as he was used late in the season.

I certainly hope that the club is moving heaven and earth to secure their signatures as losing players to other clubs is hard for the supporter base to handle but, more importantly, puts us back a year or two in our development as a club.

Hopefully with Cross signing his housemates will decide to stay with him as well. I did notice at the B&F that Ainger said he'd like to win the Most Improved again next year, so hopefully that means he wants to stay...
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:29 pm

From facebook again:

The South Adelaide Football Club advises that Andrew Ainger and Lachlan Carey will not be playing for the club next year.
Ainger and Carey hold differing views on the on-field direction of the football club. SAFC was not prepared to compromise on this or it’s salary cap in order to retain the players.

Adio$ you greedy pair of *****.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Oh, and great to read Josh Thewlis will be back for another season. Fingers crossed we can get 20 games out of him. Refreshing for an interstate recruit to stick around at the club for as along as Josh has (since 2006).

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:44 pm

So Ainger and Cross have left the building........

well dont let the door hit you on the way out boys...
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:36 pm

What a disgrace! I was waiting for this.

Ainger was the highest goal kicker in the ACT who could not get a "gig" anywhere else and South saw some potential in the lad. Came over in his first season with South and was given and set up with a "plum" job with the SANFL. Helped to find accommodation and helped to settle in SA. He did not alot first season but Ron Fuller persisted with him and saw the kid had something. This year (2nd year) was better. About 45 goals. End of season shopped around who ever dangled the carrot better....his mate Carey it seems has followed as well.

In a way Im bitter as South did so much for them both. In another way I am glad and it shows the true colours of someone who obviously has no interest being at the club, being loyal and giving something back.

If he goes down the Bay he will be well suited for it. Get that spray tan and hair ready!!!

Pffttt...glad the BS is over and done with and now lets focus on 2013 and forget them!!!

Cant wait to give it to them first game we take them on......with a win of course!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Really annoyed at those 2 players but proud we took a stance not to compromise our club and its values. Not too many years ago we allowed this sort of behaviour to run riot and we all know the disastrous results. If all players know what to expect and are on the same program then those that want to be the exceptions to the rule can move on and SAFC will be a stronger club for it.
Great news re Joel and Josh, great team players and their loyalty will surely be rewarded. Very Happy
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Disappointing that Ainger has decided to leave the club I really feel we are on the cusp of playing some serious finals. Leaves a big hole in our forward line as Ainger was 6th highest goal kicker in league. Wouldn't mind seeing the club give Hourigan a crack at CHF I know he is young but performed well up forward in reserves in losing team most weeks. Makes me appreciate even more Crossy re-signing he is a true champ!!!!!! Go you Mighty Panthers in 2013!!!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Well done Crossy!
Great news!!!
Disappointed we lost Ainger, but best of luck elsewhere! As for Carey great reserves player.
Time to do some smart recruiting!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by countrypanther on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Absolute treason !
countrypanther

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Ainger can be replaced

in fact I think he is a better FF than CHF

but Wundke is a better FF than Ainger

both great kicks and the club took the right approach

makes me think they might have somebody even better in mind to replace Ainger?

with O'keefe & Bollenghagen and now Ainger & Carey gone it must free up some good money in the cap to target players

be interesting to see this young 16 year old 2 meter Peter comes on next year

lightly built but over 2m tall already, glad i don't feed & cloth him!

just needs to add some bulk and stamina and we might have a good one

Hourigan should improve too hopefully as much as Redigolo did this year

next year is a defining year

a year we must play finals

therefore our recruiting this year will be extremely important in not only selecting needs but character also

I have faith in the club

cant wait for next year to start!

BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by pantherfromwayback on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Not hard to read between the lines here to see the delay in Cross signing was that Ainger & Carey were doing their best to talk him into leaving as well.
Shows the true character of all 3 of them.
I know who wins out of this.
pantherfromwayback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane panthers on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Crossy is a BLOODY LEGEND. BACK to BACK.
Hurricane panthers

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Announced today that Ainger and Carey have signed with the Eagles.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:29 pm

Blood boiling......must try to stay calm.....10,9,8,7,6,5,.......
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Must breathe darley16!

Pfffft !! Not loyal to the jumper and hungry for $$$$$

See ya !!

What a waste !!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Wonder we charged for the Transfer fee? Did we throw Carey in for free perhaps to get the deal done? Razz
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Disappointing given the club gave both an opportunity, & invested in these guys; Guess they are better gone if there for the wrong reasons; I saw Ainger in particular as an integral component of our goal for success; Ah well....we just have to move on.

For me leaves a big hole at CHF. & just another deficiency to address (Is Casley up to the challenge?); Hoping to hear some news on possible recruits soon to instill me with more confidence, current status as it stands, I believe our squad has been weakened.

Fantastic Crossy has signed on for another season.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Premier Panther wrote:Disappointing given the club gave both an opportunity, & invested in these guys; Guess they are better gone if there for the wrong reasons; I saw Ainger in particular as an integral component of our goal for success; Ah well....we just have to move on.

For me leaves a big hole at CHF. & just another deficiency to address (Is Casley up to the challenge?); Hoping to hear some news on possible recruits soon to instill me with more confidence, current status as it stands, I believe our squad has been weakened.

Fantastic Crossy has signed on for another season.

Agreed premier a forward line is def weaker now we have lost Ainger reckon we have to recruit a CHF otherwise to much pressure on Wundke & Rolfey. Also hope to see Hourigan given chance maybe as 3rd tall. Our Midfield is looking tasty now to shore up the forward & Backlines.
Also any truth to the rumour you are Mike Rann?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:06 pm

Apparently he left because he wanted to play finals - 2011 ring any bells? Hope he only signed for one year, 'cause if the Eagles don't make the finals next year he'll want to be out the door based on his time at South...
Scoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Correct Scoop!!

Cut and Pasted from the Eagles offical website.

If this comment does not "fire up" the South boys, I dont know what will ??!!

I'll be sticking it on the club room walls before games!!!

Quite insulting to the club IMO!!! Evil or Very Mad

EAGLES ANNOUNCE NEW SIGNINGS
October 22, 2012 ·....The WWTFC is delighted to announce the signing of South Adelaide duo Andrew Ainger and Lachlan Carey, as well as Tim Mackenzie from the North Ballarat Rebels.

Ainger, 24, joins the Club after playing 31 games in 2 seasons. He finished 5th in the South Adelaide B&F in 2012, was selected in the Advertiser Team of the Year and was a member of the SANFL State Squad until injuring his ankle. Andrew kicked 45 goals from Centre Half Forward in 2012 and will add great fire power to an Eagles forward line led by Adam Grocke and Lee Staple.

On his signing Ainger said “It was a tough decision to leave South, I enjoyed my time there and have some great mates at the Club. However, I’m at the point of my career in the SANFL competition where I want to continue developing as a player and most importantly, play Finals footy. The Eagles have a wonderful track record of making the finals and I feel the Eagles provide an environment that will ensure I keep improving, so it’s a perfect fit for me moving forward”.Lachlan Carey, 24, comes to the Club after also playing 31 games in 2 seasons at South. He played at half back in 2011 before being shifted to half forward in 2012 adds a hard edge and great flexibility to an Eagles team that has lost tough nuts Justin Cicolella and Robert Shirley.

On their signing Football Manager Trent Hentschel said “We are really excited about Andrew and Lachie joining the Club. We know they had offers from a number of other SANFL Clubs so for them both to choose the Eagles as the Club they wanted to play for speaks volumes for our Club as a whole”.

Coach Michael Godden added “Andrew and Lachie are both 24 so in terms of their footy they are coming into their prime. Andrew became a really influential forward in the SANFL last season with his ability to take contested marks and hit the scoreboard so the potential of having him up there with Grocke and Staple is exciting. Lachie can play at either end of the ground so he’ll provide us with some real flexibility in a number of positions. He’s competitive and he’s got some aggression which I like”.

Tim Mackenzie, 18, will also join the Club next season after playing with the North Ballarat Rebels in the TAC Cup last season. Mackenzie is a key position back man that is seen as a long term player that will fill a key defensive post for the club in the future.

Trent Hentschel said “Tim’s a fantastic young man with a great work ethic and desire to get better. He’s a really disciplined defender and was part of the Rebels Leadership Group so he has a number of attributes we like. He’s still young and history says young key position players take a while to develop but we are hopeful Tim will hold down a key defensive position for the Club in the future”.

Please join the WWTFC in welcoming Andrew, Lachlan and Tim to the Club
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Pea heart trotting out the typical lines when signing up for a new club. Eagles hardly shoe-ins for 2013 finals. $$$.

Ah well, time to move on.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:48 pm

Struggling to put into the correct words just how jilted I feel about this "defection." As people above have said, deep breaths, deep breaths.

BECAUSE THEY HELP STEADY YOUR ARM WHILE YOU'RE AIMING!

Stuff it, I have a fair command of the English language so I'll have a go at it - TRAITOROUS, DISLOYAL, FALSE, CRAVEN, WEAK WILLED, PUSILLANIMOUS, PEA-HEARTED, LOW CHARACTER, VACCILLATING, SPINELESS, AVARICIOUS, SELFISH, CASH GRUBBING, VENAL, MONEY HUNGRY MERCENARIES!

And one of them has the cheek to say he has some great mates at the club - sounds a bit like another, higher profile footballer who pulled the same vanishing act recently, doesn't he?

You know, I think I feel a little better after that. NOW I can move on...
Scoop

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum