South's Stongest Team for 2013

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: South's Stongest Team for 2013

Post by Panthers64 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:36 pm

Update on a few errors .
recognise Talia & McKernan are unlikely to play, but if they are available - clearly first choice players.

F: ROLFE (Taylor / Moyle) WUNDKE HOURIGAN (Eddy / Snook)
HF: DANIEL MCKERNAN (Shaw) GOTCH ( Taylor/ Ah Chee / Irra / DeVisser)
C: MURPHY (C) STRIBLING PFEIFFER (Seccull / McDonald / Houlihan )
HB: MILLER TALIA (Hartigan) THEWLIS (Perrey / McKay / Richman)
B: REDIGELO CRABB MCNAMARA (Fields / Veide)
R: BROOKSBY (Bass / Dowdell)) CROSS LIDDLE
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Panthers64 wrote:Update on a few errors .
recognise Talia & McKernan are unlikely to play, but if they are available - clearly first choice players.

F: ROLFE (Taylor / Moyle) WUNDKE HOURIGAN (Eddy / Snook)
HF: DANIEL MCKERNAN (Shaw) GOTCH ( Taylor/ Ah Chee / Irra / DeVisser)
C: MURPHY (C) STRIBLING PFEIFFER (Seccull / McDonald / Houlihan )
HB: MILLER TALIA (Hartigan) THEWLIS (Perrey / McKay / Richman)
B: REDIGELO CRABB MCNAMARA (Fields / Veide)
R: BROOKSBY (Bass / Dowdell)) CROSS LIDDLE

Pretty interesting topic this one...I think perhaps we can reserve judgement until we see a few of the newbies in action. However I would be pretty sure we can forget Talia and possibly McKernan for the year.
By all accounts, Hartigan will be the man for CHB, and we should see a fair bit of him, all going well.
I agree the reappearance of McNamara and Thewlis will be a bonus, but Im interested to see how Thewlis will be used. Ive a feeling he may be used further up the ground, rather than in defence- pinch hitting in the middle or perhaps on a wing. Mc Namara will be more than handy but not sure how he will go against the oppositions 3rd tall forward. pehaps newbie-Fields maybe the man.
I agree that for McKay and Irra 2013 will be a very big season. Im a real fan of McKay- hes got a bit of grunt around the packs and puts his head over the footy-hopefully he can stay sound and really contribute.
Brett Eddy comes with some pretty big wraps; Im hoping he becomes a dominant CHF for us, by all accounts he can take a grab and is a booming kick; If he and Wundke combine well, I really like the idea of another tall up forward to stretch the oppositons defence, this happened a few times last year when McKernan was available.
Rolfe has quickly gained a reputation with opposition clubs as a very dangerous forward, i thought he had a great year last year, his best for the club. Lets hope he continues to improve his output for us.
Our midfield..well we've got 2 of the best players in the sanfl ..so i think that looks after itself.
Brooksby and Bass have got to improve a bit for mine...they are reasonable but have to contribute more around the ground and give us a more consistent output.
Bottom line...i think we can finish ...top3. Shocked
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:02 pm

I hope you are right b&w!
I too believe we have a good chance of playing finals this season.
Many of our players now have a number of league games under their belt which can only point us in the right direction. How far they have come will dictate how far we can go.
Rolfey had his best season in 2012, if he can continue to improve and play at a high level week in week out he will be a force.
I look forward to seeing how our recruits fare, can't wait until the footy starts!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:40 pm

Think Talia will go close to the best and fairest for the Cows this year! I would love to have McKernan playing but again he is hitting his straps and doubt he will be dropped this season - both along with several other juniors are connecting with Sanderson as coach and doing well accordingly - Hence one of the reasons why Craig was sacked from the club.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:50 pm

Isn't it great to able to debate this. It appears we will now have some real depth plus solid SANFL games experience and a blend of youthful talent.
Talia won't be back and probably McKernan and Otten but I wish them good luck because they played as if they were our own juniors.
If our new recruits are as good as their assessed ability then competition for spots will be strong and training will worth watching as well as games.
It looks like we are filling the key positions we lacked and Ainger will not be missed if Eddy, Shaw Hartigan Fields and an older Hourigan can do the job.
Add McNamara Thewlis Richman Irra and McKay for a full season and with Uncle Ron pushing hard for 4 quarter never say die performance we are on our way to September action.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:45 pm

Having watched the internal trial on Saturday it is clear our recruiting for 2013 is exceptional - Eddy, Seccull & Fields will be automatic selections. Miller if he does not get injured- will become a superstar. Great stuff.
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:47 am

Sounds like the "Sharpest Tool in the Shed" is back after on off-year in 2012!!
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 am

Panthers64 did Seccull play midfield in the trial game and if so would you expect him to play some serious minutes in there during the season?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:40 pm

dont like the look of this..... Rolling Eyes

Josh Thewlis:

Neck - test

Jake Veide:

Groin - 2 weeks

Todd McKay:

Hamstring – 2 weeks

Darcy Hourigan:

Hamstring – 3 weeks

Sam Richman:

Knee – 3 weeks
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:37 pm

Panther Pack

brede has real poise and class ... Maturity, good decision making and excellent disposal skills. Can also get the hard ball. The ruck is embarrassingly talented - Brookers, Bassy & Dowdell , plus a young lad from Sturt who looked polished and 6'8" etc.
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:20 am

Alex Cailotto - very big , and looks interesting. Roland Ah Chee & Joseph Burgoyne, John McDonald , Shannon Snook and Jordon Taylor all impressed as new faces. A lot of talent.
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:39 pm

I must admit I liked the way Cailotto played - competed in the air and scrapped on the ground. Looks to have come from Sacred Heart Old Collegians and spent some time at Sturt.

Others that caught my eye were Eddy (a twin for Wundke physically, I reckon), Seccull and Fields. Good to see Xavier Gotch running the match out well and I think Thewlis should come up - was involved in a high contact protecting a team mate going for a mark and got his bells rung.

I can't be at the game on Saturday as I'm shooting a wedding but will be keen to hear scores.
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:48 pm

Scoop wrote:I must admit I liked the way Cailotto played - competed in the air and scrapped on the ground. Looks to have come from Sacred Heart Old Collegians and spent some time at Sturt.

Others that caught my eye were Eddy (a twin for Wundke physically, I reckon), Seccull and Fields. Good to see Xavier Gotch running the match out well and I think Thewlis should come up - was involved in a high contact protecting a team mate going for a mark and got his bells rung.

I can't be at the game on Saturday as I'm shooting a wedding but will be keen to hear scores.

thought that sort of thing only accured in the US scoop....?? Cool

at this stage I may venture out to the Ponderosa..
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Quarter by quarters would be appreciated, DK, as the wedding is a 4:30 start but I'll be checking for final scores tongue
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Parky on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:29 pm

What is the story with Ky Miller being cleared back to Mallee Park in Lincoln if he's still playing for us?
Parky

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum