Membership

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Membership

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Does anyone know how many members the club had this season? Be curious to know if it had grown in recent years as I know home match attendances have increased for quite a few years now. I will be renewing my membership for the 5th consecutive year. GO YOU MIGHTY PANTHERS IN 2013!!!!!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Re: Membership

Post by saintal on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:03 am

Not sure, but I think I read elsewhere that home crowds were down about 10% so the run of increases has ended. Crowds down across the board in the SANFL. $14 entry fee wouldnt have helped things plus some poor programming.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Pretty sure BK said that 'profit' from memberships was actually UP this year quite a bit on last season... no mention that actual numbers may have been down, although that's my assumption...
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Well as you know Im dead against the new membership structure this year.

Being the only SANFL club to "cut" out Country and General Membership was a disgrace IMO. Especially being in a low social ecomonic location. (We are NOT Sturt or Norwood!)

I take it BK was saying there are less members this year but made more money on the home and away ticket packages.

Probably wont say how many members in 2012 cause I bet its alot less than previous years.

Note to new CEO : bring back the Country and General Memberships!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:44 pm

I used to enjoy the general memberships as well, but had no idea the money I then spent at the gate to get in went straight to the SANFL. Happy to support new structure again if club can benefit. doing maths, while I only got to 6 of 10 home games, I actually probably saved money anyway and all my money went to the club rather than the eff'in league that shaft us on the boundaries.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:48 pm

I don't mind the membership structure at South as already stated paying at the gate the club does not get the cash. Hopefully this encourages more people to sign up as members. Be good if the club included this years member numbers in the Annual Report. Does anyone know when memberships will be available for next season?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:54 pm

The Growl wrote:I used to enjoy the general memberships as well, but had no idea the money I then spent at the gate to get in went straight to the SANFL. Happy to support new structure again if club can benefit. doing maths, while I only got to 6 of 10 home games, I actually probably saved money anyway and all my money went to the club rather than the eff'in league that shaft us on the boundaries.

Same Growl, and will quite happily do it again next season, regardless of whether I am financially better off at the end of the season. When you are buying membership to a club, isn't it club first? (although I do think they SHOULD still do something along the lines of a country membership or similar to allow interstaters etc to still support the club financially).

For the record, the ugly mugs on the membership cards this year were than of my Old man, my brother, my sister-in-law and mine... andFWIW, there was no discount. Wink
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasel on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:39 pm

Bring back the Country membership package for those of us like me in Port Lincoln that might get to 2-3 games a year but enjoy being a member all the same. Currently I can't afford the money to be a member for the price living over here, just not worth it
Weasel

Back to top Go down

Post by countrypanther on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:17 pm

For many years I have been a South member but not this year. We live in the country and could not justify the money as we dont get to many games. Very disappointing set up this year and hope it changes.
countrypanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:39 pm

I wonder if the club could introduce a 5 game home membership for the country members who could then choose which 5 home games they want to attend. This would allow for people who cannot get to every game to still be members & support the club & the club to keep the money, instead of the SANFL.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:54 pm

Pretty sure there was a country membership this year. I've spoken to a couple people that got one
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniPantherPack on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:31 am

I must say that being a first time member was awesome. Got to meet up with some mates, have a couple beers, burgers and enjoy the game!! Renewing my membership is something I would definitely do again.
TriniPantherPack

Back to top Go down

Post by pantherfromwayback on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:39 am

The Growl wrote:Pretty sure there was a country membership this year. I've spoken to a couple people that got one
There was no country or general memberships offered this year but the club did treat individual cases on their own merit.
I believe some were then offered memebership at a reduced rate without including match tickets.
I hope these are included as options next year.
pantherfromwayback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane panthers on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Can someone tell me how many members we had this year?
Hurricane panthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:47 pm

The Club has put details on website for 2013 memberships & I got to admit I'm pretty disappointed there is no Scarfe in next year's package! I personally thought this was one of the better aspects of the membership & seeing other people wear them you knew who else where members of the club. I'll take a scarfe anyday over a keyring, magnet, bookmark, lanyard or sticker. Also noticed there is a $65 dollar no game membership which should please people who cannot get to games but want to be members.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:53 pm

Just got mine .... Free beer and half price meal at every game!!!! Giddy up. That makes the membership part basically free!!!

That's is much better than a scarfe!!! Especially when I already have 4 of them hanging on my door.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Sounds a better deal to me !

How things can change with a bit of feedback to the club .

Seems some one has listened to the majority that wanted it changed .

Maybe membership suffered in 2012 .

Now we must get those members back on board in 2013 !

Glad someone listened ! Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Just as an FYI members special is:

"Only redeemable between 6-7pm on home match days and upon presentation of token. Each token is for one selected drink and one half price bistro meal on the allocated round".

Bring on 2013!!!!! Smelling finals.

Also agree 74 sounds like the No Games Membership will work well for some of our supporters which is good to hear.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:43 pm

So we either hang back after a day ame, or get in early before a night game to get our offer. Bring it in. Will be a great way to mingle with other members before a night game, and mingle with members and player after a day game. Can't wait!
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane panthers on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:24 pm

The Growl wrote:So we either hang back after a day ame, or get in early before a night game to get our offer. Bring it in. Will be a great way to mingle with other members before a night game, and mingle with members and player after a day game. Can't wait!

Growl what is wrong with the Scarf???? R u a pisshead???? Panthers premiers in 2013!!!!!!
Hurricane panthers

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Choaty wrote:
The Growl wrote:I used to enjoy the general memberships as well, but had no idea the money I then spent at the gate to get in went straight to the SANFL. Happy to support new structure again if club can benefit. doing maths, while I only got to 6 of 10 home games, I actually probably saved money anyway and all my money went to the club rather than the eff'in league that shaft us on the boundaries.

Same Growl, and will quite happily do it again next season, regardless of whether I am financially better off at the end of the season. When you are buying membership to a club, isn't it club first? (although I do think they SHOULD still do something along the lines of a country membership or similar to allow interstaters etc to still support the club financially).

For the record, the ugly mugs on the membership cards this year were than of my Old man, my brother, my sister-in-law and mine... andFWIW, there was no discount. Wink

Another good move by the club Laughing
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Does anyone know what South's best membership figure has been since we moved to Noarlunga?
Has the membership number increased in this time?

How many members did we have last season?

Can we break the record this season?

Fire up big year coming!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:14 pm

the prowler wrote:
Choaty wrote:

Another good move by the club Laughing

BWAHAHAHAH!
Got my pack in the post today... Keyrings are back. Win.
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:00 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Does anyone know what South's best membership figure has been since we moved to Noarlunga?
Has the membership number increased in this time?

How many members did we have last season?

Can we break the record this season?

Fire up big year coming!!!!!!

PP, maybe a phone call to the new CEO should give you the answer, then you can post it on the forum and then we will all know, that way you can embarrass those who know and dont want to tell you.

I have no idea myself and I think it is a reasonably fair question to ask.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:13 pm

It is a fair question ..... Just no one wants to answer it !
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum