New recruits

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New recruits

Post by Hurricane panthers on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:33 pm

Paul bower or jacob surjan??? Could we!!!!!!
Hurricane panthers

Back to top Go down

Re: New recruits

Post by Panther Pack on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Hurricane panthers wrote:Paul bower or jacob surjan??? Could we!!!!!!

Not sure about Bower read he is trying to stay in the AFL. Although he is the type of size we need.
So where are we at with recruits????
Ainger's defection to the Eagles has def weakened our forward line.
Reckon we need a CHF,CHB & another midfielder would be handy. Would expect some info on recruits soon as pre season starts next Monday.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Wonder if they would consider Cameron Mooney, Dean Brogan, Michael Doughty, Sam Iles, Gavin Urquart, Addam Maric, Mark Seaby, Brodie Moles? There will be a good selection this year for players left over from AFL imo.
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:13 pm

I'm happy to be proven wrong but what is the success rate in recent years of long time listed AFL players in SANFL? Actually can't remember too many. Eagleton, Welsh, Tiller, Eddy, McMahon, White to name a few. Birss and Tenace have lasted longer than most and Torney was good for two years. Not going to mention Houlihan.
We seem to get more success from players no one has ever heard of. Of course our challenge is keeping them too!

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Post on another forum states that Michael Doughty will play for Port Districts in Div 2 ammos. Another post says that he has signed with Reynella ????
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Without scouring past threads, I'm pretty sure it wasnt until December last year that SAFC announced new recruits....
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:59 pm

I think Choaty may be correct, although given we have notice of losing a couple it would be nice to hear some signings. Hopefully a couple of big gorillas for the CHF and CHB positions - because good KPPs are just growing on trees... Sad
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Was hopeful Doughty might play with us. Surely the club would have approached him? I've already stated before but Mark Dolling would be a very good player To lure out of retirement. He is a very capable player who can carry the ball and has the skills to go with it.
Would be great running off half back or on the wing!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Not much action on recruiting front until after the AFL draft is finished. Given the media attention of our "defectors" and pending loss of our CEO i keep looking at the SAFC web-site for some info to encourage we poor slobs during such a time that all is not lost, but alas, nothing.
While on that topic of our web-site, that really needs to be updated, uncluttered and hopefully provide supporters with fresh (and hopefully positive) information.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Choaty wrote:Without scouring past threads, I'm pretty sure it wasnt until December last year that SAFC announced new recruits....

Okay cheers for the info Choaty. Guess I better pump the brakes a little! Keen as to find out who we will recruit, if we can get recruits for the CHB & CHF positions I smell some finals footy!!!!!!!!!

Also will you be going back to back on the membership card? Wink
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Dec 10th last year was around the time Houlihan, Watson, Pfeiffer etc were announced by the club. Geez. Are you telling me I gotta sweat another 7 weeks?!

And dunno about the back to back thing. My mug on the card clearly did us no favors on the field this year... I reckon big Colin should be a shoe in for the card in 2013. Eh Col? (I know he reads this forum, just doesn't post!)
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Several SANFL clubs have signed on ex AFL players that have retired from the AFL and got a pretty average return, Eagelton at Norwood being one example. Fact is they finish their career at their AFL club then back the training right off and soon lose the fitness they had in the AFL. Perhaps there is merit in looking at those dropped from AFL lists at a younger age.

Think Central did the best out of all the SANFL clubs when they recruited Daniel Schell from the AFC. Served them well for several seasons and was more than just a good player.

No doubt it will be at the end of the AFL drafting period that news begins to filter through, yet if we are going to have a crack at others in the SANFL such as the Eagles have done, it would not be out of the question to think that an announcement may not be to far away? Rumour has it that we had a go at a player from Port Adelaide and we may be talking to another player there at present.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:52 am

We have had much greater success recruiting from State Leagues or below compared with AFL. Can only really think of thewlis, Bass & Torney who have given the club good service after their AFL career ended. Granted quite a few recruits have returned interstate but the output of state level players or below vs ex AFL players seems a lot higher throughout the league. Maybe there expectation of work rate for dollar is a lot less given they have never been on AFL wage. Anyway hope the club can recruit some decent players that want to hang around. (Although I have high hopes for Mcnamara)
Also does anyone know if we are seriously having a crack at Kory Beard from Magpies?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane panthers on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:53 pm

rumours fevola at south 2013
Hurricane panthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:43 pm

Hurricane panthers wrote:rumours fevola at south 2013
I reckon I'd put both my balls on the line that this would not happen...
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane panthers on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Choaty wrote:

it's pretty close of a signing.
Hurricane panthers

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:09 pm

He would certainly raise the profile of the club nationally and I am sure would increase the crowds at games. That would make financial sense. Onfield is anyone's guess.
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:26 am

I note the following players do not appear on the current club website "team" listing: Thomas Beilby, Andrew Ainger, Lachlan Carey, Tarquni Brown, Luke Collier & Lewis make peace. Have they all departed ?
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Hurricane panthers wrote:
Choaty wrote:

it's pretty close of a signing.

Don't think so .... Laughing
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:29 pm

Wonder if the club would have a look at Ricky Petterd? Has been delisted by Melbourne is a 24 year old forward originally from Tasmania. His time in the AFL may have come to an end & he still has some year's of footy left in him!!!

Also Hurricane when will Fevola be rocking up to Hickinbotham Oval???
I don't want to miss his first appearance!!! Wink
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:51 am

We may be getting one back from the Beagles, maybe Chris Bock. Talking of rumours, as that's all we have this time of year, Melbourne FC talking with Crossy, Essendon interested in McKay, Rolfey and Miller.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:46 pm

Christian Bock would be the worst player to play SANFL football since Tom Billings! No way Ronny Fuller would even contemplate this bloke
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:07 pm

darley16 wrote:We may be getting one back from the Beagles, maybe Chris Bock. Talking of rumours, as that's all we have this time of year, Melbourne FC talking with Crossy, Essendon interested in McKay, Rolfey and Miller.

Geez I hope we don't lose any of these players. All required if we are to make a charge up the ladder! Really keen to see Mckay play a full season in the midfield for us reckon he could really compliament Liddle, Cross, Stribling & Murphy.

When are we going to hear some news about these big boys we require at CHB & CHF, lock those spots down & we are good to go!!!!!

Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Can't afford to lose any of those blokes but I have my suspisions that Rolfe would be a reasonable chance of getting picked up late in the draft.
Makay, Miller and Crossy also may be on AFL club radars. Hope not!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Choaty wrote:

Footballs???
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum