Ben Warren Retires

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Warren Retires

Post by ryan on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:44 am

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/warren-to-bow-out/story-e6freckc-1225908552794

I would have thought he could have played next year but he knows where he's at more than I do. You have to have the upmost respect for the man
ryan

Back to top Go down

Re: Ben Warren Retires

Post by Choaty on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:59 am

Bloody good lad Dugga. Always takes the time to say g'day and has been a great contributor to the club.
Hope to see him around the club next year for a beer.
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Well Done Benny.

Handles, if only you'd toughed it out for two more weeks, we could be recognising you too, rather than the embarrassment we all now go through ... again.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:10 pm

Well done Dugga! He has been a fantastic servant of the South Adelaide football club and will be sorely missed.
I hope the boys can really dig as deep as they can and give him a fitting send off on saturday!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by danny del re on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Like fellow contributors I too would like to thank Ben for his outstanding contribution to the safc. Ten years at the one club is a great effort. Ben was and is a most engaging fellow who was only too willing to shoot the breeze with any one at any time, so he became a favourite of this southie and obviously many others. His loyalty through a pretty tough era at this club shows he has a lot of character.
We all wish Ben all the very best for whatever he does in the future.
danny del re

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:33 pm

Reiterate sentiments of fellow posters & thank him for his contribution at our footy club; A loyal clubman & a great bloke to speak to; Very Best Wishes for the future Dugga; Respect his decision, but disappointing to see him go...itd be a great send off for him if the boys can get up on the weekend.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:03 pm

Dugga has kicked a few against Westies in recent years. Would be a good way to go out. Good luck. Top fella.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:31 pm

Will be very much missed at the club. wish he would change his mind and stay on for another season!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:03 pm

I feel that Ben knows within himself that his time has passed at SANFL level, this year has not been one of his best for the Panthers, but does lead the club goal kicking, and has led the team well this season.

I have enjoyed watching him, only missing a handful of the games he has played for the club through out his career, he could always be relied upon to take a strong grab and kick accurately, taking two or more players from the opposition clubs to try and unsettle him, something that didnt work as Ben always came out in front.

Now this week he needs to lead us to the last victory of the season, and go out a winner like we know he is.

Bloody good Southie, always will be.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:33 pm

No disrespect to Ben, he was the logical choice for leading the team, but one wonders if he didn't have this pressure whether he might continue; This in addition to being our focal point for scoring, that's alot on his shoulders; Guess we'll never know....its just sad to see him go.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum