Round 22 - South v West

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 22 - South v West

Post by Choaty on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:07 am

FAAARK! Where the heck did that season go?!!
In short, everything to play for this week in my opinion. Pride, Dugga, pride, us supporters, pride, the Cupido Cup, pride and pride.
Anyone who doesn't make it this week is a bum. Twisted Evil

GO PANTHERS!

ROLL CALL?!!!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 22 - South v West

Post by Spiritof64 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Be there or be square!!!
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:47 am

Will be there, not going to miss out on Dugga's last game and a victory to boot.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:55 pm

Ill be there to see them win it for Dugga.
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:57 pm

F: Veide, McKernan, Rolfe
HF: Lyons, Warren, Horne
C: Campbell, Cook, Liddle
HB: Murphy, McKenna, Carroll
B: Sandery, Crabb, Crate
R: Bass, O'Keefe, Gotch
Int: Trevena, Perrey, Cockshell
In: Sandery, McKenna
Out: Carter, Richman (omitted)
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Not sure what Richman has done wrong to be demoted, maybe someone had to make way for Mitches return, Carter IMO still needs more in the Reserves before he can earn his place at a higher level.

I would like to see Mckenna assert himself more on the game, I somehow think he is just on the edge of making it, he needs to be more dominant around the ground, I dont think CHB is his position.

Bass will only get better playing at this level, 'tis a pity we only have him on loan from Power.

Hopefully this is not McKernans last game with us, but I have a feeling the crows will trade him for some thing better.

This being Ben's farewell appearance, I truly think the team will give it everything and give the Captain the send off he deserves.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:40 am

southernladbornandbred wrote:F: Veide, McKernan, Rolfe
HF: Lyons, Warren, Horne
C: Campbell, Cook, Liddle
HB: Murphy, McKenna, Carroll
B: Sandery, Crabb, Crate
R: Bass, O'Keefe, Gotch
Int: Trevena, Perrey, Cockshell
In: Sandery, McKenna
Out: Carter, Richman (omitted)

Richman in, Cook out (Crows) according to SAFC.com
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:16 am

Cook and McKernan both named as emergencies in crows line up.
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:05 am

southernladbornandbred wrote:Cook and McKernan both named as emergencies in crows line up.

As most weeks! Cool
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by southernladbornandbred on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:59 pm

Dissapointing way to end a dissapointing year after a promising start, good to see Turner back in the team and played good game IMO after McKernan was out injured.
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Thought Turners return today was justified, he has been putting in, in the reserves all year and thoroughly deserved his spot and played very well. A couple of lapses against Cockshell cost us again, with disposal and ball handling was terrible when under no pressure at all.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Very disappointing day in the history of the SAFC today, our sole achievement for the year is that compared to last season we have the same number of wins and a draw to go with it.

Some very hard decisions need to be made in coming days re our list along with the debate the club wants to have over governance.

Where we are going to get new players from I really dont know, yet our current list is not even on a similar page to the side that finishes eight above us.

I am guessing Ron is under no real illusions now about what he is facing at the SAFC - I do wonder if he feels the job has turned out to be what he thought or more difficult because of unforeseen problems with zoning and so on?

Anyway with the bye next week that is the end of the season for us, congratulations to our recruits that took hold of the opportunity and stood up and played for the jumper - all the best for the Knuckey Cup this season lads!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Average finish to a average year......

Im hoping the brains trust at South are going to recruit some quality players for 2011....or god help us next year Crying or Very sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:06 pm

From safooty:

Poor performance from the home side. Effort was there, but any system, confidence and team work was shot to pieces a while back...

Hard to find too many better players. Perhaps Lyons and Turner.

Disappointing way for Dugga to end. Had a chance to kick the opening goal in the first minute but missed. Summed up his, and his team's day.

Bloods too good, but will want to sharpen up a little if they're to beat a Nwd or WWT in a final.

Crowd would have been 1200-1300. Average.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Didn't get too many favours from the Umps today. The standard has been very ordinary this year.

Good too see the Ressies finish off the season on a high note. Had a much better second half of the season.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:22 pm

Poor performance by the panthers,and Just aswell the season is over.
Not trying to be a negative goat,but our skill level was as bad as I have seen.No matter how hard you try if you cannot hit a target from 15 metres away under no pressure good luck!
West are in all honesty a sound structured physical side with decently skilled players,nothing flash though,so it just shows how much improvement is required and the huge effort needed to take the steps required to become a credible side.
BIG PRESEASON WITH SOME SMART RECRUITING NEEDED.
BRING ON 2011!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:33 pm

It was interesting to look at West Adelaide, this is the third year of the tenure of Andy Collins who took the club on after it had won the wooden spoon for four years in a row, they then won the spoon for a fifth time in his first year as coach, three years on it looks like they are just going to miss out on the finals unless Sturt lose and Westies win next week.

Proves that sides can pick themselves off the bottom, they have what appears to have been the united support of the members behind the Senior Coach - something I hope we take note of as SAFC members, they turned over their list three times with recruited players, a number of whom came from interstate and several from Sturts reserves team - who were the top side when recruited. They have put their hard earned $$$ into their home ground and got their lights up and running and have seen the biggest increase of any SANFL club of home match attendances this season. Plenty to like about what they have done and I do feel that we as a club are likewise placed to have a similar result if we to can back our coach and recruit and develop our list in a similar fashion.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum