Can we play finals in 2013?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can we play finals in 2013?

Post by panther magic on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:33 am

Can we improve enough to play finals in 2013?
If we can improve across the board and our second tier players lift (and they will need to) we should be a good chance.
Recruiting wise we seem to have done ok, and with only a couple of losses of note ( Ainger and Crate) we seem to have them covered.
Consistency throughout games and the narrowing of our best v worst will be keys to improvement.
A low injury count will be crucial.
Bring on the footy!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we play finals in 2013?

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:16 am

I believe we will play finals in 2013.

I think our list, looks extremely good, with some much needed depth in key positions, something we have desperately needed.

For a change we will need a good run of luck with injuries.

We will however need to secure more wins at home this year. Our inability to do this last year definitely cost a finals berth.

The number of close games we lost last year was a concern also. SO hopefully that can be addressed as well.

I honestly believe that 2013 and 2014 will be very exciting times for the extremely patient Panther fans. Laughing
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Agree blue&white we look better this year than last with i bit more depth in the playing list and with the younger second tier players gaining more experience last year we're looking like very likely finalists in 2013. Supported by a strong coaching panel throughout all grades and financially stable the club has done too much over the recent years in establishing a solid foundation on which future success can be built. That future is the here and now...it''s time!

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:08 pm

I think we will have better depth than in previous seasons, and although only young I am looking forward to seeing Players like Irra and Makay.
Both of these blokes were overlooked in the drafts so it will interesting to see if they can really fire up and become league regulars and do well.
They should have the drive to put their name up in lights for the next AFL draft(s).

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:50 am

Over the past few seasons we have developed a core group of players & got experience not only in them but also as a group together. Although we lost more games last year our losing margin decresed so I would expect the group to improve again this season. Throw in the new recruits especially the key position players & I think we can do some serious damage come finals time. Think we have the best midfield in the league with Liddle, Cross, Murphy, Stribling, Daniel, Gotch, Mckay ect & if Bass & Brooksby continue to improve we will dominate the clearances.

Can you smell it? THE PANTHER PACK IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum