Round 1 v the Bays

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 1 v the Bays

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:11 am

I'll be there in Round 1, loved the Good Friday game last year and hope the club can make it a yearly match. Reckon we could get somewhere between 6 to 7 thousand people there given that it is Round 1 of the season, long weekend and against the Bays who have a large following. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what other supporters think but I would consider the Bays to be our biggest rivals as we usually have close games and being neighbours and all plus I love to hate them Very Happy
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 1 v the Bays

Post by Panther74 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:51 pm

Agreed!!

Bays are definately my worst side out there in the SANFL.

Cant stand them with a passion!!!

Their supporters s**t me to tears!!!

We will win......and I cant wait for round 1 !! Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:38 am

Panther74 wrote:Agreed!!

Bays are definately my worst side out there in the SANFL.

Cant stand them with a passion!!!

Their supporters s**t me to tears!!!

We will win......and I cant wait for round 1 !! Smile

Me 2. Hope the boys celebrate my birthday with a shellacking of the handbags.
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:08 pm

I'll be there. Almost can't sleep!!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Big Crowd! Big Win!
Would make my long weekend.
South Supporters get out there & in full voice!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:09 pm

One word Gutted
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:34 pm

paul wrote:One word Gutted

I have NEVER been more devastated by a loss.
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:56 pm

Simply not good enough! Should have lost by more! Our second half was not good enough. Bays had plenty of AFL listed players but that does not automatically mean success.
We have plenty of new blokes and it may take them time to settle but not the start I envisaged.
Got an extra week to digest that and do something about it!!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:24 pm

Its fine to have a great looking line up on paper....but if you havent got 21 players switched on with the right attitude you wont beat anyone.
There were a few players wearing the blue and white who were standing back waiting for something to happen.... their stats will reflect that and tell the story..
We were in fact lucky to get as close as we did..
Im absolutely gutted after that performance.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by UKPanther on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Terrible - up at 6:30am to listen to it on the radio, full of expectation. Have to say I feel totally hollow. Doesn't sound like anyone really stood up expect perhaps for Murphy and perhaps Wundke. My sister was there sending me messages and my concluding remarks to her were 'I hope this is a wake up call after getting ahead of ourselves in the trial matches or it might be the start of another long and hard season. I really hope it is the former but fear it is the latter'.

I hope I am wrong but after being a Panther supporter for so many years I feel like this was such a monumental let down. I am sure I will feel more positive as we build up to West in a couple of weeks but that was hard to take. :-(

UKPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:49 pm

Awards from the club from presentations:

Reserves
Shaw 4
Mentions: Curtis Perrey, Mason Shaw
3rd best: Josh Giddings
2nd best: Emmanuel Irra
Best: Tarquin Brown

League
20 shots to 34
Goals: Wundke 5, Snook 3
Mentions: -
3rd best: -
2nd best: Ky Miller
Best: Michael Wundke
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:12 pm

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC EFFORT!!!! A big chance to turn a mind set around and a huge lost. When is this bloody football side going to deliver when it counts.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:34 pm

The Coach now has the players he wanted to take us to the top.

It is now up to him to ensure we get there.

We were totally outplayed tonight around the ground and in the center clearances. A lot of our disposals resulted in far to many turnovers without caring who the ball finished up with. Our marking the footy needs to have a 70% improvement in the next fortnight if we can expect to conquer Westies at home.

I thought Wundke made the most of his opportunities, Murph was at the ball all night, but needs to improve disposal, Liddle did as much as he could to get us going, Miller had plenty of the ball, I felt he wasted a lot of it, losing AhChee before half time really hurt us, taking away some flexibility.

Tonight's loss was not part of the script, and there is much room for improvement, weather it comes from within is another thing.

My realistic prediction for this year is 6th place.

the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:43 pm

Why the hell do we put up performances like that?....it happens too many times.
Lack of accountability, work rate & second the ball.
I'm pretty pi#sed to night so I'm not going to hold back.
When is the club gonna get its head out of the sand & start addressing these onfield issues; It is evident when a challenge is thrown our way our mental toughness is questionable.
Tonight we played as individuals, & it was glaringly obvious a lack of defensive pressure......I really want to name some players that failed dismally in second efforts...(deep breath)
I will congratulate the club on Good Friday Football.....but what is with acknowledging the opposition goals (Music & Fireballs), I thought the objective was to make our home ground as inhospitable to the visiting team.
I also take exception to the security staff at 3rd quarter time trying to clear the South Supporters early whilst trying to fire up our boys during the break, whilst no mention to the Glenelg supporters who were in numbers & in great voice to fire up the bay players; Our boys need to take a hard look at themselves, it is disconcerting as a supporter during the quarter breaks when you demand them for more effort, only to be greeted with dirty looks ....I know it is only round 1.....but this was so disappointing.....I'd shed blood for this club & I expect the same from the playing group. Our current mindset needs to be turned around very quickly or we are looking at another wasted season.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:27 am

Well well well it has only taken 1 game this year to prove nothing has changed. Pathetic piss poor effort last night. What can we say Ron is in his 4th year.and.we are going to the bottom of the ladder again whoo hoo!!!!!! Predictions based on last night. We will finish bottom 2 again. We won't beat Westies in a fortnight. Cross and Liddle to leave at the end of the season cause they finally realise the club is a joke.

Seriously this club has lost the plot we will never win a cracker with performances like that. I hope I'm wrong but lets be honest we have all seen it all before

Until this club takes itself seriously I'm not sure I can. What club with any pride celebrates the opposition goals like South does? Bays score and South creates a disco environment for there supporters to enjoy.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:28 am

I went to the Parade Friday night with a Norwood Mate who also came down Noarlunga Good Friday.
Talk about teams being poles apart!
Their success is attributed to superior work rate, they just ran all night to create space & opportunities (In comparison ours is no where near this no movement, players stationery & when you can't hit targets the opposition will swoop)
Forward Pressure - Nwds forwards chase, tackle & harass - they shut down any run from defensive causing turnovers (Glenelg where able to move the ball from defence with ease - our blokes who just sit back & watch)
Players need more talk - an example last night where one of our defensive players had the opportunity to take a mark unopposed - our back up player should have shouted 'You're Clear', but instead no talk a spoil was made, Glenelg swooped & goal.
I hope Ron get's em out on the training track & floggs em!
I'm sure this is all very obvious, but as long time member/supporter I DEMAND improvements in all areas next game Mad
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:13 pm

What a disappointment - pathetic effort. Embarassed
Nothing has changed Evil or Very Mad Good recruiting (not sure now), good trial form, optimistic build up & then game day - bang - same old stuff. No intensity or run to space, no chase, no second effort, cannot tackle can't handle pressure around packs, can't kick to target upfield. Our highly rated midfield outmuscled outplayed & apart from a few exceptions (Wundke Eddy Miller Murphy Thewlis Liddle)we couldn't take the game up to them. It wasn't the cohesive team effort we expected. Our CHF had 8 inside 50's - luckily he had Wundke to aim for.
I was sure we had turned the corner but the desperate team spirit attitude is still missing - individual efforts don't cut it. They showed us how by backing team mates up. They should have kicked a higher score, even with the weak free kicks.
Also why do we celebrate their goals with smoke rings at OUR ground, and usher the home crowds quarter time huddle breaks off the ground when the opposition is still out there ???

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:26 pm

Ok where do you start?

Massive build up for "OUR" Good Friday Football game. Lots to prove and make a stamp on the competition that we are the real deal in 2013. Well....we came down like a lead balloon!!!

I went will a Bay supporter who all the way down to the game talked to me about "getting pumped" today by us and too be honest...I was very confident as well.

Great crowd and it looked like we were putting on a fantastic day so I must say well done to the off field staff for doing a great job.

Now to the game.

We looked weak, disinterested in front of a great crowd. I reckon I have never seen so many blue and white gear at the game. We had a good support group there.

I would like to name players but really it wont achieve anything....I think we all know who they are but when I see certain players back out of contests and not back up team mates I feel physically sick in the stomach. Not good enough IMO. Players happy to get their paychecks but today alot did not deserve a easter egg after the game.

No talk out there at all, Players playing as individuals, shocking skills ....and I mean basic grade skills!! No hunger, no desire, no pride in the jumper.....to be honest those players could not give a s**t about being out there yesterday.

I am like all of you people on the forum absolutely sick of this crap. We have ...or so I have been told by many....the best mid field in the league. Star recruits that any other club would have....WTF is going on???

I watched the Bays come off after half time and then looked over to South. Bays were very upbeat and positive in their body langauge. Praising team mates....South were heads down, no talking to each other, dragging themselves back to the clubrooms, very negatitive in body langauge.....we were only bloody 7 points down!!!!

One thing that really got to me.....why oh why did we play music and do the flame thrower after a Bay goal??? This is our home ground, not theirs.....make it uncomfortable for them!!! That was just stupid to even do this....especially playing Metallica and Rocky after a few of their goals and then for us we get Michael Jackson!!! The Bay supporter I was with said "You are making us feel at home here".......hope we dont do it again.

United, Can Do, Visionary ???? ...Did not see that on Good Friday.

We will get thumped by Westies next game if that crap gets served up again.

Pitiful, Weak and not what South are trying to achieve in 2013........Not a great show to gain respect and support in the Southern Community either.

Hope something changes quick or its going to be another long cold winter!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Only one game in so let's not get to carried away just yet. P_ iss poor effort absoltutely, but it can be turned around. What gives me the _hits is the big build up to the game and a great chance for us to showcase where we are heading was flushed down the toilet! I swear we seem to be the only club that turns gold into crap! Players are going to have to learn to be physically tough and play with some degree of confidence. No point in winning all your trials and then dishing up slop when it counts. Yes we have a young squad but most have played enough footy for that excuse to have well and truly expired!
Play with some pride in the guernsey!!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:36 am

Lets hope it's the round 1 blues... Flat with overwhelming pressure on ourselves. I am puzzled that with our massive ruck hit out dominance & some of the best stoppage players we performed so poorly. I Think rucks are better off hitting it forward towards our goal and win contest running forward. Also worried that the oval size is too big... can we move in the boundary 5metres... We always play better on smaller ovals (Glenelg, Norwood, Unley) . Please no more music or cannons to distract (frighten) the players. affraid
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:29 pm

Thankfully spent weekend down south east. Nice escape.

Didn't miss anything new by sounds of it apart from hearing that it felt like Bays home game.

What's this stuff with music after a Glenelg goal. Just adds insult to loss.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Also thankful that I couldn't make it, although refreshing the live scores on sanfl.com was bad enough. Evil or Very Mad

What a let down..

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:24 am

Disappointing yes, but people, IT'S ONE GAME AND THE FIRST OF THE YEAR...DON'T PANIC!!!!

Agree with the comments of flames etc after opposition score should cease immediately! Agree we palyed poorly and iám sure the players know that, this can be corrected, we are good enough to turn this around, let's cut out the abuse as at this early stage of year is totally unwarranted.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:53 pm

To all members of this forum Ive really enjoyed reading all the posts about Friday nights game it tells me we are very passionate about our club and Friday night game is unacceptable for us long time supporters .I went with high expectations as well only a week before Glenelg kicked one goal to Port Adelaide eleven goals so im thinking how good are Glenelg going to be this year. now im thinging theres allways next year, once again. ITS OUR BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR GOOD FRIDAY for sighning new members trying to increase our supporter base I know its our first game but boy did we get let down
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by countrypanther on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:00 pm

darley16 wrote:Disappointing yes, but people, IT'S ONE GAME AND THE FIRST OF THE YEAR...DON'T PANIC!!!!

Agree with the comments of flames etc after opposition score should cease immediately! Agree we palyed poorly and iám sure the players know that, this can be corrected, we are good enough to turn this around, let's cut out the abuse as at this early stage of year is totally unwarranted.

I dont see any abuse on here. I think it shows most posters are passionate and tell it how they saw it on the day.

Next few weeks will tell us more of where we are at.
countrypanther

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum