I think the 21 man squad looks pretty strong . It may line up something like

F: Rolfe Wundke Shaw
HF: Ah Chee Eddy Daniel
C: Irra Murphy Seccull
HB: Thewlis Hartigan Miller
B: Fields Crabb Pfeiffer

R: Dowdell Cross Liddle

Int: McDonald, J. Taylor , S.Taylor

With Stribs , Brookers , Gotch & Redigolo in early match .... Is Bass injured ?
Reserves Squad v Central, Saturday at 10am

BROOKSBY, SCHWARZ, GOTCH, CAILOTTO, LOCKETT, SNOOK, PERREY, DRISCOLL, DE VISSER, MCMAHON, STRIBLING, CORSTENS, REDIGOLO, DAMIN, KERIN, MAKEPEACE, TARQUIN BROWN, GIDDINGS, MOYLE, TYSON BROWN, GROUTSCH, KELLY, BURGOYNE, DE BELLIS, EVANS

Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Re: Trial 1 : V Centrals

Post by blueandwhite on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:28 pm

i think I heard that Mckernan and Otten have dropped out of the crows side tonight........interesting...
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Looks like neither McKernan or Otten got a guernsey tonight...
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:08 pm

I attended the game at Elizabeth, and saw the boys record our first win at the Ponderosa since most of us were wearing short pants. Only a trial, I hear you say, but Id say that any win out there is a good one after receiving some horrible hidings over the years, so Ill take it.

Early days I know, and it was only a trial, which was littered with skill and decision making errors from both sides but I think its safe to say we will be a far better side this year than last year.

We had the services of Otten and Mckernan who were dropped from the crows, while both played serviceably they too were guilty of lapses in concentration and neither provided a dominant performance.

I believe that Brett Eddy- who is surely Wunks twin brother!, will be a very good player for us. Has a good pair of hands, nimble when the balls on the deck and has a booming kick. Brede Secull has big wraps but only had limited game time , coming off with a bruised calf. McDonald looks like a player too , a midfielder with a nice left foot. I though Ah Chee looked promising too as a small crumbing forward and midfield option too.
Mason Shaw is a tall lean marking option up forward, a Power listed rookie who kicked a few and played better as the game wore on, he'll probably play a lot of footy for us this year.
Hartigan the Crow rookie is built like the proverbial brick sh----ouse ,he looks like he will be a lynch pin at CHB where he will fill a fairly big hole for us. I like the look of Fields and Miller in the backline - running half backs who arent afraid to take the game on.
The reserves fell over the line by 16 goals... an interesting result ,,,!!! in that side were Stribling, Gotch Redigolo, Brooksby...by accounts ,all played well. Bass ,Veide and Richman didnt play at all........so all of a sudden...we have depth and competition for a spot in the league side! We also have a few big units running around who can provide a bit of a physical presence as well.

Cross, Lidds, Murph and Wundke and Rolfe up forward - ie the usual suspects, all gave great contributions.

Bring on next week v "the combine" Wink and AA. Twisted Evil
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Sounds like there were plenty of good signs today. Smile Eddy in particular appears to be the type of player we really need. The Dogs had a heap out though.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Thanks B&W I couldn't go, looks good for the start of the season but its only a trial game and both teams had a few out.
Very hopeful signs with our quality recruits and when they start to gel as a team with perhaps a couple of AFL players available we may have some depth and competition for places will be strong.
Always optimistic at this time of the year but this year seems ........ Very Happy

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:29 pm

I'm always the optamist at this time of year but this season seems to be genuine optamism. Can't wait to get to a trial and see how some of the new blokes are faring. Bring on season 2013!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum