Round 3 v Westies

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 3 v Westies

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:19 am

Can we win?

If so how?

I hope but I fear we may get an almighty spanking!!!!!!

Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 3 v Westies

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Time to stand up and be counted now.
100% effort from all players; nothing less.
Must get a win on the board at home and get the season rolling.
Must get a win against West, it seems ages since we beat them..
Will be there with my ears pinned back.

Go Panthers. Twisted Evil
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:08 pm

In the context of the season only early days
BUT I see this as a must win & season defining game.
If we are mentally switched on I believe we can roll the Bloods.
If not, then it will be loss 12 of the last 14.......NOW IS THE TIME TO TURN THIS AROUND!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:07 am

Could not agree more PP we need to stand up & be counted.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:10 pm

One word Pathetic
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Final WA 22-12 SA 5-8

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE PERFORMANCE Evil or Very Mad

Hang your head in shame South!
If that was close to our A grade side we are odds on for the spoon
Many of us have stuck by this club and this is how we are repaid for our loyalty, faith & support
The way we are heading we will be playing to an empty stadium
Absolutely heart broken tonight......obvious the players don't give a toss!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:58 pm

We are the Melbourne of the SANFL. People talk about an 8 team comp maybe we should quit the league!!!!!!! We are so irrelevant as a club in this league. No flag for 50 years 3 finals appearance in 20 years. Our junior teams are always bottom. We don't have any players coming through from our zone. Smallest membership base and supporter base. When is the last time we played consecutive finals series. I predicted we would get spanked and we did. Westies got the spoon 3 or 4 years in a row in the mid 2000's but are so far developed compared to us how is that possible.

Why do I constantly get a membership and support this club??????
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by countrypanther on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Pay the most expensive membership in the SANFL and see some exciting footy.

Then get served up with that sh.t!!!

Shut the doors now!!!

countrypanther

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:37 pm

Dreadful. Insipid. Embarrassing. I could go on...

We gave up in those final 20-25 minutes. Not a yelp. Nothing.

A lot to work on before next week.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by UKPanther on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:09 am

Just shell shocked by that. It was streamed on YouTube, am only glad I was at work so couldn't watch it all. It was the last quarter that felt the most depressing. After fighting a bit in the third I hoped to finish the game strongly but it was insipid. Am at a total loss after that.

UKPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:27 am

LIMP AND FEEBLE.
I hate to admit this but I was so disgusted I left at halftime.
This heart has been broken too many times.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:56 am

Did not manage to get the game but listened to the broadcast on the radio.
Sounded pretty bad. West must be very good but although early days we look rubbish.
Mark my words west, Norwood and probably north will be untouchable.
We serve up more rubbish and sturt will kick our bottoms next weekend.
Accountability!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is it???

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:59 am

Agree with you B&W.

I think I am done here ......Sad

Shattered and no words can express how I feel. Someone from the club needs to explain this performance but really we have heard it all before over and over again like a broken record.

Can not simply deal with it anymore Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:16 am

To Panther74 have to agree with you 100percent after watching year after year I cant hadle the rubbish we get fed up to Iwont be going next week I wish I didn't buy every game membership It wrecks your weekend when you watch rubbish Every one tells me it will turn how many years Ive been told that I get sick of hearing it PAUL ive had a gutsfull
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:33 pm

P74 I totally agree SAFC owes it to their supporters & members an explanation as to what is going on down there, for many this is the last & final straw! Mad
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:08 pm

I left until today to post because I felt numb. It was beyond disappointment and anger.
I have followed this club since 1963 and the next year we won a premiership and I was 16, little did I know what would happen over that 50 year period. I remember the 70's where we won 2 or 3 games for the season, the night premierships and the 1979 Grand Final loss when I was living in Darwin and came down for the game. 1981 where we were minor premiers and crashed out in straight games.
In reality there have not been many highlights but I have stuck to my guns and supported the club. I believed the Ron would be the man to turn us around.
Off the field the club is great, and last night I enjoyed a value packed meal & drink prior to the game. However on the oval - who wants to see their team play like that.
I know you have to expect good and bad and that hope and expectation can turn to nothing BUT THIS IS AS BAD AS IT GETS. Embarassed Mad

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:00 pm

If the passion and loyalty to The Club shown in this forum could be transferred to the playing group the outcome of the last 2 lifeless efforts would be totally different. They are playing as individuals and being beaten by teams
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Like you B&W I left a write up until today.

I don't get it. We have "or so we are being told".

- the best mid field in the competition. (Including a Margery Medal winner of 2012)
- a deadly forward like.
- a great coaching "brains trust". A coach that is near the end of a 5 year plan and some great assistants.
- Top line name recruits.

What the hell has gone wrong??

Off field we are the envy of any other SANFL club. We have staff and volunteers who work very hard behind the scenes to get the club in a good position where it is now.

So I am going to ask the question, is it more important to have a great off field facility which is turning over the good coin OR a strong a successful football club.?? Seems at the moment it is the off field that is winning the battle.

We absolutely disgraced ourselves last night. Seriously my phone ran hot with text messages about how pathetic and useless we are.......if only I could print them here on the forum you guys would cringe!! But to be honest , I have a heart of stone and as per usual "shrugged"it off........I have done that for over 39 years!! Always saying "you wait and see...we will be better soon". ATM I don't see us getting better....and for a long time either. So do we get told the usual spill of another 5 year plan??? Just to hold on to other woeful membership numbers and supporters???? I don't think a lot of us buy it anymore. We are heartbroken, tired and a lot of us are totally over it.

So what now??

To me, there is something not right with the current playing group. I am not in the inner sanctum but I can see it with body language and attitude. No voice, no backing up team mates, no passion or desire.....I could go on.

Soon , no one will go out and support South and you might have less than 1000 people at Noarlunga for a game.

Big, Big problems people!!!!!

Sturt this week and I will be there as per usual with about 3 Sturt mates. Just so I can make my weekend a great one !!!

Why is it that West and Sturt who are financially stuffed play with passion and pride without caring about the state of their club???

I saw Sturt play at Norwood verus Port the other Friday night. It was not their ground but Sturt for the most part played really well and with passion and hunger.......I was impressed when their club will probably wont exist next year!!

A dark day for the South Adelaide football club.........and I don't see the clouds disappearing anytime soon. Sad

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:41 pm

Ive supported our club for 55 years, since i was an itch in my old mans trousers, and hes supported them too. Over that time Ive witnessed some horrible hidings embarrassments and capitulations.Last night was one of the most lame inept and feeble performances Ive ever seen from my club. Honestly it was embarrassing. I was so disgusted I left at halftime, people who know me will find that very hard to believe.............. but I was so ashamed of my club last night. In the cool light of day Im not pleased that I left but, well, everyone knows what an emotional and passionate game footy is..

Yes the club is doing well off field, we've got to be pleased with that in the current climate. But something must be horribly rotten with the playing group and within the football operations, to keep dishing up that sort of crap.

No one in their right mind would support South Adelaide , just look at the clubs dismal history. But you know what????.... -there are people who do, like me and many others who are rusted on,and will support the club forever, Southies are made of strong stuff too-...loyal, proud and with strong backbones and big hearts.. lambasted by our footy mates , workmates around the drink cooler every Monday morning.....a laughing stock...they do not deserve to be let down by the playing group time and time again.

They do not.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:03 pm

So the coach has the squad he wants. We were expected to play finals this year but that isn't going to happen.

What do we do? New coach?

Will there be wholesale changes to the team this week? There should be but our depth is questionable.

Does anyone care anymore????

We are South Adelaide we never win!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:17 pm

I honestly belive the club should be employing a shrink to get in the head space of the playing group!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Tell me this , how many players live down south or in the south zone ?? Most I know are down the bay, tea tree gully , Henley beach etc.... Can the players really identify with the area and community down there ?

Just a thought .. As some might be getting sick of the travelling to training and playing on game day.

Sorry my brain is thinking all sort of reasons why we constantly fail !!!Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:32 pm

P74, I like your thought process, a very valid point.
How does the club address this, more emphasis on local zone recruiting (And we all know the issues here)
Move from Noarlunga?
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:36 pm

Moving our home deck won't change our zone though. But if extensive interstate recruiting can't produce wins and final appearance then we have to work harder with our zone. As mentioned previously 3 players from our zone played in the league team.on Friday. This is Fuller's 4th year has enough been done to develop the local talent?
Another reason to develop local talent is then you get the family and friends coming to games which helps with crowd numbers and relevance in the local community.
I'm really hoping that Tony Bedford can start to have an impact with the 18's in the next few years. We must focus on making our juniors more competitive if we want sustained success.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by roger ramjet on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:56 pm

Question Like all coments above Im also at a loss to understand what is happening. I cant believe the crap that was dished up to us on Friday night. If this continues I might have to stay home on game days and sort my own rubbish out (house ). Like all long time supporters of this club I feel angry and betrayed by the playing group and I really feel for the support staff and volenteers who give so much of their time for no reward and I commend them for sticking throu what appears to be thick & thin ( not much thick in there). I hope the powers that be read some of these comments so they understand the pain we suffer. ( OOOO THE PAIN THE PAIN )
roger ramjet

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum