Round 6 v Eagles at Woodville

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 6 v Eagles at Woodville

Post by Panther Pack on Thu May 02, 2013 9:25 am

South take on the Eagles for the Ainger Cup (Tongue in Cheek)

A new week brings new hope!

Win makes us 2-3 while a loss makes us 1-4 and with Norwood at home the following game it will be hard to make finals if we lose this one.

Murphy, Hourigan & Bass must be close to senior selection.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 6 v Eagles at Woodville

Post by Panthers64 on Fri May 03, 2013 12:21 am

I like the team.

F: Bass, Wundke, Perrey
HF: Snook, Eddy, McDonald
C: Daniel, Liddle, Stribling
HB: Murphy, Hartigan, Thewlis
B: Miller, Crabb, Redigolo

R: Brooksby, Cross, Gotch

INT:Pfeiffer, S. Taylor, Fields, McKay, Tarquin Brown,
IN: Daniel, Murphy, Bass
OUT: Dowdell
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Fri May 03, 2013 9:12 am

Good to see Murphy and Bass back in the team.

It appears we still don't have a settled back 6 each week it changes with the exception of Redigolo & Hartigan.

Will Crabb definetly play full back or will it be Tarquin Brown? I actually don't mind the idea of Tarquin Brown and Hartigan playing on the opposition 2 key forwards and Crabb being allowed to play the 3rd tall who could take intercepting marks.

Thewlis is often named in backline but he appears to be playing more as a half forward from what I have seen.

Where is Miller's best spot? Late last year I thought he looked alright as a run and carry half back player but he seems to be struggling a bit this year.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sun May 05, 2013 7:09 pm

What a load of crap ! How many more years we wait? Its hard to keep positive and supportive.
Off the field we're great.
Up til now I thought Ron was the best choice by far to lead the CLUB into the world of competiveness. 3 good players sent on their way win premierships and the good players here now will probably want to leave.
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun May 05, 2013 7:21 pm

Pathetic absolutely pathetic I am embarrassed to be a member of the South Adelaide football club.

Clearly we have not improved since 2009 so where does this leave the 5 year plan?

Has the coach lost the players? Does Ron need this?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun May 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Pathetic absolutely pathetic I am embarrassed to be a member of the South Adelaide football club.

Clearly we have not improved since 2009 so where does this leave the 5 year plan?

Has the coach lost the players? Does Ron need this?

Does Ron need this??? That is his job to win games and be competitive......I and we South supporters don't bloody well need this!!!!

Write up the next Bulls%%t 5 year plan now and string us die hards for another 5 years so we spend more money on a fantasy!!!

Think I am done here.......

Going to write more later but need to breathe before I explode!!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sun May 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Have to agree, today's performance was deplorable, I saved coming on until now so I wouldn't be scathing and have a more reasonable thought pattern.

It has subdued me a bit, but what we are seeing of late is absolutely non accountable inept football by players who are of no better standard than reserves.

The football department has a lot to answer to the members on the display so far this year. Who ever said in our football department that McKernan unsettles our forward structures has bloody rocks in his head and needs to be moved on so he can damage some other unsuspecting football club.

I would love to name the players who have represented the league team this year that I think should never be playing higher than reserves football and have contributed us to occupy the bottom of the ladder.

We have some talented and wonderful footballers, however they are given nothing by the others, as too much is left to so few to conjure up a victory for us.

Time to earn your keep now Mr Fuller, your bubble burst in August last year.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by westwing on Sun May 05, 2013 7:56 pm

Pathetic.
Its time Andrew , its time.
westwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun May 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Bitterly disappointed with todays result, its one thing to lose but to get absolutely flogged as we were is soul destroying.

Ron Fuller has my full support, he can only coach with the cattle he has got and its painfully obvious that our list has no depth at all and there are players in our league side that are not of SANFL league standard and we are paying a heavy price for that.

Since Ron began at the club our Reserves results have continued to be atrocious, I am not convinced that the pressure for a spot on the league list is as high as it should be. We recruit players that have all the right statistics and we lose players also and our list just does not seem to improve.

I know you guys are rightfully angry and upset right now, but lets not let talk of sacking Ron or questioning whether Ron has "lost the players" get any foothold at all. How many times have we been down that path before and what has it got us? Reid, Sheldon, Applegarth amongst others, all sacked for those reasons and its proven over and over again that it is not the Senior Coaching position that has been the problem at the club.

The club has identified one problem being the quality of the feeder sides that feed into our club. This is a huge problem and even with the boundary readjustment it will be a few years before it generates new players due to existing players staying with their allocated SANFL club.

We have to keep doing the hard yards to address the problems that the club has identified. We have several players injured which is not helping either yet we will begin to get some of them back in weeks to come.

Keep the faith lads, lets not put the cue back in the rack just yet.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun May 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Clearly the team did not give two hoots about today's game! Deplorable effort and if that's how the captain leads the team we are stuffed!
Some of the supporters were getting stuck into the players @ the huddle at three quarter time and you know what... With good reason!
There is now way in the world that was fair dinkum given the diabolical skill and decision making! Yes the Eagles are a good team but 100 pts better? Had they kicked straight they would have won by 30 goals.
How many coaches do we have to go through to become a respected team?
What goes on within the team I don't know but clearly they are not playing for Ron! I truly thought this type of rubbish was behind us! Toughen up!!!!!! Absolutely angry!!!!!!!!! As members we should ask questions and get answers!!!!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun May 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Keep the faith? Ben w were you @. Last weeks game? We lost to a good team but battled hard and were far from disgraced. We're you @ the same game same as me today? How can in the space of one week go from hard at it to just plain not trying???? This ain't nothing to do with feeder clubs its with effort and intent!! Excuses excuses!!!!!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by countrypanther on Sun May 05, 2013 8:57 pm

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Keep the faith? We all have since 1964!
countrypanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Sun May 05, 2013 8:59 pm

When does the Ashes start? Rolling Eyes
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by Jungle Jim on Sun May 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Bottom in every grade suggests at least another 5 - 10 years of disappointment... Sad

2 wins from 23 games so far this season...
Jungle Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun May 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Panther News 17th April 2013 'The South Adelaide Football Club has a strong, talented list for the 2013 season. The Panthers are continuing to build on their combination of youth and experience to bring a premiership winning combination.'

What an absolute joke!

Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun May 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Premier Panther wrote:Panther News 17th April 2013 'The South Adelaide Football Club has a strong, talented list for the 2013 season. The Panthers are continuing to build on their combination of youth and experience to bring a premiership winning combination.'

What an absolute joke!

Laughable !!! Laughing
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun May 05, 2013 9:34 pm

panther magic wrote:Keep the faith? Ben w were you @. Last weeks game? We lost to a good team but battled hard and were far from disgraced. We're you @ the same game same as me today? How can in the space of one week go from hard at it to just plain not trying???? This ain't nothing to do with feeder clubs its with effort and intent!! Excuses excuses!!!!!!

Losing to the same club that rolled the Premier Norwood not two weeks ago? Could it be that the Eagles are playing some very good footy at the moment and we clearly are not?

Again, how does running out and sacking the Coach resolve any of that?

Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jungle Jim on Sun May 05, 2013 9:48 pm

Agree that sacking the coach is NOT the answer, but Blind Freddy can see that there are big problems attitude wise...

Which players want to see a successful SAFC? Some are just there for the $$$...
Jungle Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun May 05, 2013 10:02 pm

Ron said at the start of the year he has the squad he wants. WTF that is a massive statement hate to see if this wasn't the squad he wanted!!!!
Something must be done now by the club otherwise there will be no more supporters!!!
I have been supporting the club for 15 years and a member for 5 and to be honest I'm not sure I will renew it for next season as the club is losing me.
Looking forward to watching Crossey and a few of the other boys playing for the opposition next season cause we all know it will happen. Boyd, Parry, Warren, Cockshell, Archard, Mcglone, Koster & Ainger are just a few to have left us over the years to join our rivals anyone sensing a pattern here???
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sun May 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Well Ben I just re read through all the posts on today game, nothing amongst those suggested that we sack a coach or make wholesale changes to the coaching staff,you are the only one who has mentioned anything about him going and we all know that is not true.

What has been today's biggest gripe is the promises that we, the supporters and members, have been promised over the past 10 years or more and none of that is coming into play.

Of course we have a right to be grieved and vent our disappointment at the results that have been presented to our followers over the years with terrible performances continually dished up by our teams through all grades, and unfortunately Ben it has been the softly softly approach from our supporters that have hurt the club since Neil Kerley left in 1965 or there abouts.

Our clubrooms are deserted after home games unless we win and win well, the moment presentations are finished so the club gets deserted, what sort of support is that to our players, actually the players are the first ones seen leaving when we lose, I feel they are actually afraid to face up to the members and supporters at times, they very rarely mingle with the people who come to watch them play unless it is their family and friends, many people have made those comments to me over the journey and it is not changing, its no wonder our support is dropping off.

If we are to continue the softly sotfly mentality within our club, then we are all going to be happy to see us stay in the same position year after year.

I encourage those of us who have the fortitude to stand up and say it like it really is.

I DO NOT IN ANY WAY MEAN TO ABUSE THE PLAYERS OR THE COACHING STAFF, however we all should be allowed to have our say and either be heard or listened to.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon May 06, 2013 8:20 am

Obviously a shocking day yesterday. Hard to find any positives from the game. The players appear void of confidence and direction (mucked around with the footy terribly) and the desire/effort to create a contest was minimal. Was puzzled by a few of the match ups (Fields on Redden..Surely Crabb needs to play?).

Our game plan at the moment seems to revolve around kicking short and being cautious with the footy. As we've seen this approach may work against the struggling clubs (Sturt), but has been picked to pieces by the better sides.

With the other grades struggling, a continued lack of "local" players in our league side, and a shrinking supporter base, it's easy to be pessimistic about the short term future.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon May 06, 2013 10:09 am

I don't like to say negative pot shots at a club when it's down after all i am a supporter of the club, no one makes me/us support SAFC there's no threat if i/we walk away. We are obviously in trouble, it's time for the club through its President and CEO to inform the supporters as to why and how this can be fixed.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Mon May 06, 2013 11:57 am

I have supported the SAFC for close to 40 years and I can assure you that there have been few highlights in that time, making the Grand Final in 1979 was something, what happened on the day was not so hot though, The Graham Cornes years saw the club perform well and play competitive football. John Reid took the club to top and we were then bowled out in straight sets. It gets pretty thin from there in terms of success, that i very much acknowledge and it annoys and upsets me just as much as anyone else.

My comments re the Coach come from discussion on the other SANFL sites and facebook. I am heartened that it is not happening here, yet I can assure you that I have never edited anyones comments on this site and have no plans to do so. Supporters of our club should be able to post whatever they please for discussion, I have no problem with that and very much endorse it.

Lets go back to the Kevin Morris review of the club. I for one think that the contents of the full review should be supplied to members. I have read sections of it and think it very much hits the mark about some of the problems that plague this club. Alternatively, lets get John Reid down to the club and lets have another updated one done. Like yourselves I am across some of the content of what is on that original review. What I would like to see from JR, is a report on where the club is at on addressing those issues and what other issues need to be addressed and what action is being taken over them also.

I will justly criticize the club when its warranted, I would however like to have something to aim the canon at, and if its an area that supporters can assist with then that is what I would prefer to be a part of.

Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon May 06, 2013 12:25 pm

Wow, where to begin!!

Thankfully I wasnt at Woodville yesterday to witness the game. However the scoreboard tells the story. There is no way you can sugar coat it- that was a lame effort.

Im a great believer in the 8 goal theory. If the margin is less than 8 goals- more often than not you had a crack and were beaten by a better side. More than 8 goals... well its pretty clear the team hasnt had a crack for whatever reason.

This football club has not won a flag for 49 years- but who's counting!!- well I assure you the few remaining supporters that follow the club still are.!

Perhaps the well paid under-performing players who represent the club currently could spare an hour or two from their glamorous party hopping lifestyles and listen to some comments from the rusted on supporters who weekly endure their meek capitulations? The same supporters who endure the barbs of co-workers at the water cooler on Monday mornings, and the purile jokes at the clubs expense on game days.

Its all very well to have a plush licensed premises, a sound financial position, jumping castles, lights, flame throwing canons, fireworks and cars around the oval, but in reality no one will follow a team that cant win.

Time to make a stand South.

And to our remaining supporters,- abusing our players and officials publicly is as weak as piss. Its a bloody ugly look, reminicent of Richmond supporters. Let the officials of the club get on with running the show. We need to have our say on forums such as this-within reason but to publicly deride and berate the players in my opinion is pathetic.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by gazbar5 on Mon May 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Thanks to all,who showed up to the EAGLES training saturday.OH SORRY my mistake, Panthers did show and it was for points. IT DIDNT SHOW.
i THOUGHT THERE WAS no i in team but we had a team of 18 i's. ALL individuals,argueing on the pitch , arguing and swearing off the pitch. Not at how bad we were travelling, but at EACH OTHER.tHE THIRD QUATER AND ONWARDS ,PLAYERS WERE COMING TO THE INTERCHANGE AND NOBODY WAS READY.nobody WANTED TO GO BACK ON THE PITCH.I offered Rolfe a spare pair of shorts, He would of got 3 pts and best on ground with his good leg wrapped behind his bad one,thats how bad we were saturday.I cant say anymore the tears are wetting my keyboard and i may get electricuted.Then at least if that happens i wont have to watch that SHITE every week. good buy RIP
gazbar5

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum