Statement from the SAFC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Statement from the SAFC

Post by Ben W on Tue May 07, 2013 6:11 pm

For those that are not aware of it yet, the club has released an official statement on our website after the match against WWT on the weekend.

I wont repost it here because the club have specifically asked that people visit the clubs website to read it and the clubs facebook page points people back to the website. By all means feel free to discuss its contents here at length.

http://www.safc.com.au/
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Statement from the SAFC

Post by the prowler on Tue May 07, 2013 6:43 pm

A step in the right direction hopefully.

I am sure all our supporters still are right behind Ron, although Saturdays loss brought out the worst in all of us and maybe rightly so, all that were at the game and those that either read or heard the result would have had the same feeling.

It is called PASSION, LOVE OF THE CLUB, every other football follower in any code of football played in Australia would have had the same shattered feeling, why should we be any different.

We will get right behind Ron and the boys again next match and will them over the line like we have been doing for decades, sometimes it just doesn't happen.

Breaking the rut is what the club is trying to put in place.

I wish them all the success they can achieve.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Tue May 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Well said
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Wed May 08, 2013 1:26 am

here here
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Wed May 08, 2013 2:44 pm

It's about now, history tells us, that our club fractures into divisive pieces all fighting each other until someone gets sacked, player rebellion, board splinters and all reported by a media that hovers over our carcass with gleeful anticipation of a club in crisis.

How about for a change we try this, stick together, one united club, management, members, players, coaches and strive to improve our plight, no infighting just honest effort to help our club to better days. I reckon it just might work, sure beats the other method that has previously achieved bugger all.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed May 08, 2013 6:58 pm

Agreed supporters and members had every right to be appalled at last Saturdays meek effort. What had to happen from an outsider looking in was an honest get together of coaches, players and management and try and work together toward a common goal because it was painfully obvious on Saturday that There was a team out on the park in disarray.
I'm right behind Ron and I hope all can sort out their differences. Communication is paramount.

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Thu May 09, 2013 10:10 pm

darley16 wrote:It's about now, history tells us, that our club fractures into divisive pieces all fighting each other until someone gets sacked, player rebellion, board splinters and all reported by a media that hovers over our carcass with gleeful anticipation of a club in crisis.

How about for a change we try this, stick together, one united club, management, members, players, coaches and strive to improve our plight, no infighting just honest effort to help our club to better days. I reckon it just might work, sure beats the other method that has previously achieved bugger all.

One of the most sensible things I have read in twenty years On yah!!!
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun May 12, 2013 8:42 pm

great to see the a couple of good things happen here..

1. The club to come out an make a statement, and to acknowledge the thoughts and concerns of many. Have got to say that like many Im bitterly disappointed and in fact somewhat disillusioned by our results so far.

2. The coach accepting full responsibility for the teams performance.

3. The club recognising that the work of Tony Bamford who has taken on the role of U/18 coach and junior development officer. I have many contacts at various clubs within our zone and they are absolutely enthused with the work Tony is doing in our zone. One in particular mentioned that this is the best appointment South have made since they moved to Noarlunga. While we obviously wont see the fruits of Tonys work overnight Im assured hes tickingall the boxes , so that can only be a good thing down the track.

Back to our current performances. Im definitely no expert but... to me its seems that we are playing as a bunch of individuals. There is very little team work on display. Liddle and Cross are tagged, hammered, pinched and generally battered from pillar to post every week. Its time for some of our bigger bodied players to provide shepherds , blocks, clear paths and well... belt someone now and again... to free up these guys.
I know that we had a player who did this for us a few years ago and hes now playing at another club...he played on the edge, and still does -but I'll guarantee hes very popular with his team mates and for what he does for them. We need a few to stand up and fly the flag now and again when some of our fellows get knocked about.

I think we are a good thing to beat Norwood this week....they arent travelling that well and our record against them isnt bad!
Go yeohs!

blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum