Round 8 South v Centrals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 8 South v Centrals

Post by Panther Pack on Wed May 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Congrats to Stribbles will be his 100th game this weekend. Hopefully with another 100 or so to come. Stribling and Wundke have probably been our best recruits from a rival SANFL team for a very long time IMO.

Think we can win this week as the dogs aren't travelling as well as they have in previous years, bout time we knocked them off!!!!

Although the 3rd quarter was an improvement from last week's game the 2nd & 4th quarters produced a total of 1 goal. So consistency is still an issue and we MUST improve on our effort from the Norwood game.

Hoping a day game might also be the tonic we need as we don't seem to be enjoying the night footy.

Crowd could be small but given our current state is probably expected, the boys just need to give us all some hope that the season isn't completely gone by producing a home WIN!!!!!!!

Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 8 South v Centrals

Post by panther magic on Wed May 22, 2013 6:29 pm

A win is a must! The dogs still have some quality in their side with some younger up and coming players, but in all honesty if we don't win our season is pretty well shot at this early stage! Time to deliver in some sort of way in what was supposed to be a season of promise!!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri May 24, 2013 12:18 pm

We have some very ugly trends to buck if we're going to win this game (losing streak v Dogs, and recent form at Home). The Dogs aren't exactly firing atm, so if we cant beat them this time around, there are no excuses.

Noticed that we haven't won a final term this season.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Fri May 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Personally I think a loss here and its the season gone for us. Need to find a way to win...dogs have a few out and arent travelling that well. Shutting Boyd down will be a key to winning the game for us.
Just have to find a way to win.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat May 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Another very ordinary turn-out of South supporters. The stand and shelter again pretty sparse.

Anyway, on the game...South again seemed intent on a high possession game, taking over 130 marks for the afternoon. However once we'd (very slowly) worked our way out of defence we'd more often than not kick it to a 1 on 2 situation in our forward line. When we did move the ball on a little quicker and use the corridor it generally paid off. Again we had the better of the hit outs and clearances, but didn't make the most of it.

When the game was on the line the Dogs did what they had to, kicking a string of goals late in the 3rd and early in the 4th.

Hartigan was excellent. Really reads the play well. The mids had plenty of it, but so did their opponents (Boyd with 30). Ah Chee did some nice things, while it was probably the skipper's best game for the year.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat May 25, 2013 11:41 pm

Should I just Cut and Paste from other posts from this year?

Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun May 26, 2013 7:42 am

What I expected! Definitely not worthy of getting near the top 5 this season! Can't tackle,can't kick can't win!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun May 26, 2013 8:34 am

Yes unfortunately more of the same...
Inability to hit targets when going forward, inability to stick a tackle- it looked at times like we were playing touch footy.

The bizarre decision to drop Brad Crabb to the reserves dumbfounded me as well as many, many others yesterday. For the life of me I cant understand it. After being named in the best players last week he finds himself kicking the dew off the grass this week.
As someone who has watched Brads career at South with interest,the one thing you'll never find Brad guilty of is not playing for the jumper and not giving 110% effort, even when he is having a bad day; unfortunately this cant be said of all of the playing group, I wish it could. You wont find Brad quitting the club when hes been dropped........??????? Evil or Very Mad
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun May 26, 2013 9:19 am

Its just plain EMBARASSING!!!!!!!! 7 out of 35 wins at home since the beginning of 2010. Team has not moved forward at all. Game style makes no sense. Can anyone tell me why number 10 for Centrals was allowed to remain free 20 metres in front of Wundke for so long and then we would kick it to him?

Agree blue and white Crabb best players last week then dropped what message is that!!!!!

I think we will finish bottom so where does that leave the 5 year plan?

1500 yesterday as I predicted mostly Centrals and a few die hards for South. Not really sure if there is any point even caring. It is so stock standard usual stuff I love the club but I'm a realist few more years of this there will not be a club. People who were there know what I'm talking about maybe 20 blokes at quarter time huddle.

Also saw quite a few South supporters leave early don't blame them this is the reality of South Adelaide.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun May 26, 2013 1:04 pm

Id have to agree with all earlier posts I don't think we would have had any more than 300 supporters even diehards are dropping of. I thought Daniel Bass was stiff as well to get dropped I thought last week we were very good in ruck I don't under stand why we play hollywood type of footy when we don't have the kicking skills to hit targets from 30 metres .On a good note at least our other grades had good wins very impressed with Daniel Callob first game in the reserves got in the best players I don't think he would be any older than seventeen years of age uses the ball very well
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun May 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Sorry I got my player name wrong it should be Caleb Daniel one player with a big future in front of him
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 pm

The Crabb decision is a little baffling. I understand that Hartigan had to come back in, but would have thought there was room for both of them.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun May 26, 2013 11:04 pm

saintal wrote:The Crabb decision is a little baffling. I understand that Hartigan had to come back in, but would have thought there was room for both of them.

It was a disgraceful decision !!! Baffling is being kind....... Evil or Very Mad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon May 27, 2013 5:06 pm

Quite strange for the vice captain of the club to be playing reserves? The team is playing like individuals not like a team at all!
As mentioned on another site it may be time for the club to hold a meeting with it members as they are the backbone of any club!
A forum I suppose to discuss what why and how we are in the situation we are in and how we get out of it? Members at the very least deserve this!
On another note during the game I watched Joel Cross get hammered nearly every time he got rid of the ball.It was within the rules but no other south player or players dished out the same or protected him! Little things like this mean a lot! Stand up for your team mates!!!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Mon May 27, 2013 5:31 pm

My mates from work rubbed it in we hold another sanfl record longest losing streak to one club 17 matches in a row .On a better note my other mate told me well never get the lowest losing score in a grandfinal wonder why
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Tue May 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Hartigan much better option than Crabb. Agree players need to block and fly flag for team mates more. Asking members to solve issue of why players are under performing will achieve jack-shit
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Tue May 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Why make a bloke Vice Captain if he isn't in the best 21? Seems kind of amateurish I know the players vote for it but the coaching staff endorse it. Guess it doesn't matter this season is gone!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue May 28, 2013 9:04 pm

The Growl wrote:Hartigan much better option than Crabb. Agree players need to block and fly flag for team mates more. Asking members to solve issue of why players are under performing will achieve jack-shit

Agree but surely we need two tall defenders, and Hartigan is probably 1 Crow injury away from vanishing never to be seen again.
Crabb is also better on a bad day than a guy who struggled to make the Bays b grade! Evil or Very Mad
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue May 28, 2013 9:13 pm

What's the point of being a member just sitting on the side lines? Really if we are to simply sit back an accept mediocrity like we have for the past god knows how long we are stuffed!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue May 28, 2013 9:20 pm

The Growl wrote:Hartigan much better option than Crabb. Agree players need to block and fly flag for team mates more. Asking members to solve issue of why players are under performing will achieve jack-shit

Under performing??? Who Crabb who was in the best players versus Norwood the week before? Far from under performing!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Maybe the all the 400 members see something you don't as either way we are still achieving jack shit ain't we ??? Rolling Eyes

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:51 am

Great win
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:06 am

Apart from the first 3 minutes it was a good win. Could've won by much more. Gee the mob down the road are shyt. Cardigan was solid once again on Kirby.

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:37 am

The Growl wrote:Great win

Ummmm this is awkward but we didn't win against Centrals last week!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum