Round 9 South v the Bays

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 9 South v the Bays

Post by Panther Pack on Fri May 31, 2013 10:15 am

Great to see Crabby back in the team and interesting to note Hartigan named forward, not sure if that will happen but if it does I can only assume Eddy will be playing reserves.

Crossey's 50th game for the club he is a gun player and read his misses has moved to Adelaide so hoping we can re-sign for a few more seasons!!!!!

Bays have No Ty Allen and have lost all there AFL players that killed us in round 1 so that should help us.

Given those outs for Glenelg and it is away I'll tip us to win but this is our last chance WE HAVE TO WIN!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 9 South v the Bays

Post by saintal on Fri May 31, 2013 10:27 am

Certainly a much weaker Bays team than Round 1. Tenace, Shaw, Lyons, Lynch, Logan, Allen, Hender, Hitchcock missing. We have a decent recent record at the ground, which I think will continue tonight.

Looks like being wet, so it'll come down to work-rate, getting numbers to the contest and keeping the game plan relatively simple (not this short kicking, sideways garbage of recent weeks).

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Fri May 31, 2013 1:31 pm

Pardon my ignorance but who's this McKay named in league squad, anyone know? Surely not the Crows lad.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Fri May 31, 2013 2:40 pm

Todd Mckay local lad only 18 or 19 years old could be a real player of the future for South.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Fri May 31, 2013 2:46 pm

Oh yeah of course, my bad! Thanks PP.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Fri May 31, 2013 3:41 pm

Can't wait to see a game of footy played in the mud! Just like the good ol days. Forget the handball just get it on your boot down the guts. Our midfielders must kick more goals and watch out for Snook with his crumbling skills. Go Panthers!
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Fri May 31, 2013 10:59 pm

Great win boys
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri May 31, 2013 11:02 pm

Copied from safooty:

An enjoyable evening. The game was a much better standard than I feared it might be given the conditions.

After giving up a few soft goals early on I thought our defence was very good. Really like the way Hartigan is playing, and it was good to see Crabby back. Crossy with 29 touches in his 50th, while Daniel had his best game for the year in conditions that certainly suit him. Wundke had his kicking boot on and seems to love playing at the Bay, always kicks a bag. Schwarz and Brown did some good things.

Bays certainly miss their AFL blokes and having a few other injuries didn't help. Well done to Mules on his 200th. Great achievement. 29 inside 50s wont win you many games though.

Win breathes a little bit of life back into our season, but still a hell of a long way to go. Seemed to be more South fans there tonight than the past few home games. Perhaps that is because since the start of 2012 we've now won more games at the Bay than at Noarlunga. Embarassed Wink

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri May 31, 2013 11:07 pm

My post from SAFooty :

You little ripper!!

A nice change. Maybe South can play at the Bay for home games and they can take over our ground. Everyone's a winner then

I hope this is the start we needed to get the confidence for more wins through the year.

We will see.

Nothing like beating the mob down the bottom of the hill though...
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Fri May 31, 2013 11:21 pm

Great to see a win you little beauty!!!!!

Crossey was massive tonight BOG, if the club isn't already talking to him about another contract they should be he really led by the front. Gotch and Stribling also played well. Brooksby keeps improving and Wundke also played well.

We dominated and Glenelg only kept in it due to our conversion but to be honest I don't care just pumped we won!!!!!

So awesome hearing the song!!!!!! Good turn out of South supporters considering the weather and our recent form.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:29 am

No John McDonald last night? Was named on the bench, but surely not dropped to the 2s on form? Has made the best players the past 3 out of 4 matches?
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:13 am

Great result, im currently on holiday in europe, was following the live stats on my phone while sitting in the stands at lords watching the kiwis beat the poms. Would have been great if I was on a multibet souths into kiwis ha ha
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:06 pm

A good win.

Not sure about the quality of the opposition but a win nonetheless.
Lets hope we'll get some confidence from this and climb into Port next week to make it 2 in a row. Twisted Evil
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Had something else to do first last night and couldn't get to the Bay until 4 mins into the third quarter. At that stage the Bays were 52 points. which was also their final score. So I didn't see the opposition score anything during the game. What a marvellous feeling.
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:37 pm

Paradigm_shift wrote:Had something else to do first last night and couldn't get to the Bay until 4 mins into the third quarter. At that stage the Bays were 52 points. which was also their final score. So I didn't see the opposition score anything during the game. What a marvellous feeling.

Very Happy

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:25 pm

A good away win from an undermanned South Adelaide side. Clearly several of our lads want that league list spot and showed it with style. Good to see.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Good win! We played well considering the conditions! Why did McDonald not play? He has been one of our best players thus far. Strange???

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:12 pm

panther magic wrote:Good win! We played well considering the conditions! Why did McDonald not play? He has been one of our best players thus far. Strange???

Anyone see if he played Saturday?
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:52 am

Played in the ressies according to sanfl.com. Another puzzling selection decision.

More to it than just form perhaps?

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:58 pm

saintal wrote:Played in the ressies according to sanfl.com. Another puzzling selection decision.

More to it than just form perhaps?

One of the top 3 best players the week before....puzzling!!!

Might be more to it??
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Great to win against the bays! Hopefully will give the players much needed confidence & kick start something.

Re: McDonald, yes has been playing well....only criticism I have is he can burn the ball at times.....but hey he's not the only one!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:56 am

Must beat Port this week.

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:32 am

Errrrr McDonald is nowhere near the worst with ball in his hands from what I've seen of him thus far!
Did he end up playing in the twos last weekend?
Good to see some of the blokes in the twos pushing their case for league selection this weekend.
Hope Mcdonald can get his way back into the league team as I reckon he has a fair bit to offer.

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:22 am

Errrrr McDonald is nowhere near the worst with ball in his hands from what I've seen of him thus far!

To be fair to the guy, maybe its the lack of support & options that are the real issue here; I call it as I see it, but agree he is not the worst in disposal.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum