South v Port

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South v Port

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:52 pm

If we play to our potential and do it for 4 quarters we should get the chocolates here.Two on the trot may just keep us in the hunt too...

It may be an historic match as well. South and Port began playing each other in 1870- two of the leagues founding clubs.

Could this be one of the last times the clubs play each other....??

Go Panthers! Twisted Evil

blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Re: South v Port

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:08 pm

Big game playing for the Cockshell Cup!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:46 pm

That'll be the Reserves then coz he'll be kickin off the dew.

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:08 am

who yu going for Ando, seeing you pulled on the mullet for both sides?
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Looking forward to it. The current reserves debate has only fuelled my dislike of "One-Club" further.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Maybe it could now be called the "Bishop Cup" goz he played for the Paher and da Panfas. Andos goin for the Panfas. And the Cock could be sleeping in. Has he still got the headband?

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:16 am

Cocky named on an extended bench, so the Cocky Cup may still need dusting off.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:08 am

Great opportunity for 2 wins in a row given we again play away. We play like we did against the bays and I reckon we can win. Going to have to shut down Johncock who has been good for them this year would give Redigolo first crack at it. Have liked the look of Daniel in the backline the last few weeks seems more suited there than a forward.

Brooksby has been dominating the hit out's this year and we be important against Mickeljohn feeding our midfield with first use.

Great to see Seccull lining up in the ressies really hoping he can add something to the league side in the second half of the season!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:09 am

Gotta stop Stifffy.

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:11 pm

Another 60 point plus loss today, this not good for the club and supporters.

I could not be at Alberton today, listened on the radio for as long as I could, turned it off, then came back to hear the final scores and wrap up.

At the beginning of the season I made a statement that we will finish in sixth spot, I can see no reason to suggest that we will finish higher, I can now see us sliding to 8th or 9th spot.

What changes can be made before the season ends, who knows, but it is going from bad to worse, which is a real pity, as the season started off full of promises.

One thing we can try is keeping our better players on the ground for longer periods rather than running them off the ground every two minutes and replacing them with a lower quality player who has not the skill levels needed to keep the ball in our possession. More time needs to be spent on strengthening the players arms and hands, as we have a lot of trouble holding simple marks let alone the pressure marks, and return to 2 ruckmen on the ground at all times, big blokes do not get smaller as the game goes on and will win games for you. Proven fact. What ever our game plan is it is not working so a change could be the remedy.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:21 pm

Season over, if it wasn't already. Apart from the first 10 minutes of the 2nd term we were never in it. Another terrible performance, this time against a team that we should be beating. Evil or Very Mad

(The reserves won again..some changes need to be made)

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Another spoon for the club only a few years away from shutting the place down given the lack of supporters there today. Serious question can a football club exist with support at this level?
Stock standard performance regarding the on field have no idea what the game plan is!!!!!

Real interesting at three quarter time Fuller did not address the players for the first 5 mins and could not see an ounce of passion. Saw Chris Scott spray the Geelong boys at quarter time v GWS have never witnessed this at South!!!!!!

Agree with Saintal time for a change we have gone backwards at a rate of knots and I think we will lose some more good players at the end of the season!!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Always been a Fuller supporter but after today questions must be asked about wtf is going on !!!

We were disinterested , skill level was woeful , no passion , no pride and most of the players today looked like they could not give a rats about wearing the jumper and running on the ground today .

The club asked for supporters to get out there today and cheer the boys on . (through Facebook/Twitter) I made the big trip out to Alberton today ( I had other things to do but went ! ) to watch that performance today .

Get your head out your back side South Adelaide and do something for your team, your team mates and supporters/members .

Like its been said any worse and we will have no one supporting South as today there was the usual suspect supporters who looked once again like they were at a funeral !!

Simply not good enough and major changes needing to be made for the future of this club !! Evil or Very Mad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Went down to Wharfie Park today.
Thought when Tarak went down early this may have lifted the lads, sadly not the case.
Skills were deplorable....who is the skills coach down there?...And what they doing?
Delivery of the ball to the forwards didn't give them much of a chance.
Shut down Wundke & our goal scoring ability dries up.

Where to from here? Success looks a long way off....
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by roger ramjet on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:54 pm

Panther Pack . At most breaks the players get into their own groups , backs, forwards etc. then the assistant coaches have their say then Fuller has his turn and I can tell you that he does give them a spray . At half time on saturday the paint was peeling off the walls in the change rooms .
Whether what he says sinks in or not im not sure but i think all persons involved need to take a good look at themselves and the reason they are there .
Is it for the club or for themselves ?
One thing i know for sure is that we supporters and the volenteers of this CLUB need to be given something in return for our support !!!!!!!!!!! Sad
roger ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:55 am

Nick Liddle was on the radio last night. Didn’t toe the party line, and basically said the effort wasn’t there on Sunday. Was refreshingly honest, but bad signs when the toughest bloke we’ve got has to query the commitment of his teammates.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Nick should have been made captain. We have had none to little on field leadership since Ron has been here and it shows on match days! Not saying it is Ron's fault because its the leadership group that picks the captain. That choice should be taken off them!
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:17 pm

On the subject of leadership, Murph hasn't been the same player since losing the captaincy; Appears to have lost all confidence this year....coincidence?
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:26 am

Not sure, but glad he lost it in that case
The Growl

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum