View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: season over

Post by the prowler on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:21 pm

If thats true, then God forbid.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:32 pm

the prowler wrote:If thats true, then God forbid.

Laughing
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Have I missed something? But I could have sworn that I heard Ben Warren say that he was retiring.

Why is it that he seems to be connected with a number of SANFL Clubs? Don't like reading about it on other chat rooms. As if people need another reason to poke fun at us.

I've heard that he's been spotted walking out of Norwood. What the hell is going on here?

If your Club Captain stands up and says to the members and supporters I am retiring and then isn't, who are we meant to believe any more? What is it about this footy club! I would have thought Ben would keep to his word.

At least with Handles sook we knew he might continue elsewhere despite his best footy being a long way behind him. That I can live with because i think we have better players to replace him. I could have lived with the CLub not renewing his contract.

As for Ben I think he could still have made a contribution if he wanted to. I'm sure the club would have allowed that too. I would be appalled if the person the club bestowed the honor of captaincy on decides to run out against us. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:40 pm

Handball Happy wrote:Have I missed something? But I could have sworn that I heard Ben Warren say that he was retiring.

Why is it that he seems to be connected with a number of SANFL Clubs? Don't like reading about it on other chat rooms. As if people need another reason to poke fun at us.

I've heard that he's been spotted walking out of Norwood. What the hell is going on here?

If your Club Captain stands up and says to the members and supporters I am retiring and then isn't, who are we meant to believe any more? What is it about this footy club! I would have thought Ben would keep to his word.

At least with Handles sook we knew he might continue elsewhere despite his best footy being a long way behind him. That I can live with because i think we have better players to replace him. I could have lived with the CLub not renewing his contract.

As for Ben I think he could still have made a contribution if he wanted to. I'm sure the club would have allowed that too. I would be appalled if the person the club bestowed the honor of captaincy on decides to run out against us. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Certainly not alone with these sentiments. Ben did stress that he wasn't "pushed" as some suggested he was, but who knows what really went on.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Agree Handball Happy,

It is an utter disgrace and a right "slap in the face" if our captain who I was lead to believe "retired" at the end of the year will be throwing on another teams colours.

I really dont know what to believe anymore....... Evil or Very Mad

Just pure BS too me!!!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:05 pm

If this is true Seems to me the bull shit is is infectous throughout the club, from the Top man on the board, to the the bottom of the pile.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:33 am

No mail at all on what is going on here, only the usual garbage delivery from the various footy sites.

No doubt several posters here will have a sense of Deja Vu here, arguably one of the best players the SAFC have ever had left the club - Sneezer to go and pursue a Premiership with Glenelg, Glenelg didnt win and he retired the season after and it was a pretty bitter pill for all concerned.

The more things change, the more they actually stay the same. Perhaps it simply is that Warren wants to play in a Premiership side now and is not committed to yet another rebuilding plan. As members of the SAFC we have all constantly received the usual "next season" letter all about how wonderful the financial situation is at South and all the usual about what is been put in place and so on and so on. Its got to the stage for some of us that its way beyond the pale, so perhaps from the older more experienced players experience its a similar feeling. This time around its suggested to be four more years before the club is "rebuilt", my tip is that Warren likely is over it and wants to move on. No coincidence like Sneezer with Glenelg that its Norwood that is being mentioned.

My expectation for season 2011 is some decent interstate recruiting of some quality players, along with some good recruiting from other sides in the SANFL, despite all the good reasons of what South is doing, it really cut deeply to see Port Adelaide with what most people suggested a worse list than South get over our club last season. If Port can win games in the SANFL with their list, then with improvements made to our own list its not unreasonable to expect that our own side would pick up our winning ratio. Get in the mix for the five, keep turning our list over with the right players that really want to play for the club under Ron and I do feel we are every chance of playing in the finals in the not to distant future.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:41 pm

Ben W wrote:No mail at all on what is going on here, only the usual garbage delivery from the various footy sites.

No doubt several posters here will have a sense of Deja Vu here, arguably one of the best players the SAFC have ever had left the club - Sneezer to go and pursue a Premiership with Glenelg, Glenelg didnt win and he retired the season after and it was a pretty bitter pill for all concerned.

The more things change, the more they actually stay the same. Perhaps it simply is that Warren wants to play in a Premiership side now and is not committed to yet another rebuilding plan. As members of the SAFC we have all constantly received the usual "next season" letter all about how wonderful the financial situation is at South and all the usual about what is been put in place and so on and so on. Its got to the stage for some of us that its way beyond the pale, so perhaps from the older more experienced players experience its a similar feeling. This time around its suggested to be four more years before the club is "rebuilt", my tip is that Warren likely is over it and wants to move on. No coincidence like Sneezer with Glenelg that its Norwood that is being mentioned.

My expectation for season 2011 is some decent interstate recruiting of some quality players, along with some good recruiting from other sides in the SANFL, despite all the good reasons of what South is doing, it really cut deeply to see Port Adelaide with what most people suggested a worse list than South get over our club last season. If Port can win games in the SANFL with their list, then with improvements made to our own list its not unreasonable to expect that our own side would pick up our winning ratio. Get in the mix for the five, keep turning our list over with the right players that really want to play for the club under Ron and I do feel we are every chance of playing in the finals in the not to distant future.

very suprised to hear that Warren has signed at a rival SANFL club Ben W. He told me personally that he was going back to the 'Creek'! Twisted Evil very brave of him, as I seriously doubt he would get a game in some of the better sides in the league. Will be a great transfer fee for the club for a guy that has barely fired a shat in the last few years though.

btw - who did you get the quote from that the club are now saying 4 years to re-build.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:46 pm

In respect to the four year rebuild, what I am going on is the five year contract given to Ron Fuller to rebuild the club to the finals, one year down four to go!

Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:10 am

Ben W wrote:In respect to the four year rebuild, what I am going on is the five year contract given to Ron Fuller to rebuild the club to the finals, one year down four to go!

I think your jumping at shadows then - the long term was probably offered in a bid to give assure Ron some security to attract him and given the the clubs recent record of movig coaches on. I understand the business plan still notes finals for 2011 (as all clubs probably do).
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:49 pm

The Growl wrote:
Ben W wrote:In respect to the four year rebuild, what I am going on is the five year contract given to Ron Fuller to rebuild the club to the finals, one year down four to go!

I think your jumping at shadows then - the long term was probably offered in a bid to give assure Ron some security to attract him and given the the clubs recent record of movig coaches on. I understand the business plan still notes finals for 2011 (as all clubs probably do).

Yep...still have the "letter" from the club....its finals in 2011 ....anything else will be seen as a failure.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:34 pm

Finals in 2011 will be a stretch. I think there were some fairly hefty changes to the playing personnel this year which impacted on the results. I for one are comfortable the coach made them. Shows he is prepared to put his neck on the line. But the club did make that pledge. May need to reassess and send us another letter. We must be due. You would hope that Ron would be safe though. Couldn't handle another change. Club executive might be nervous though. However I'm sure they'll survive. They always do. Haven't seen any boards members fall on their sword at north for example.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:22 am

Will be very interesting to see what recruiting takes place, I agree it is a stretch, yet we also were the last SANFL club to go from bottom to top as well!

As a club we have commited to the five year term which hopefully knocks on the head any whiteanting of the coaching staff from all sides.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:21 pm

Finals would be fantastic, but honestly if we can win 7 or 8 games it will make for a much more tolerable winter. The past 4 have been dreadful as we know! (13 wins in that time)

But like all clubs, the aim should be to win the flag.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:17 pm

Handby to North rumours getting stronger. Also linked to Warren and Backwell. Now that's a couple of old roosters. With that recruiting strategy is there another year in Timmy Weatherald?

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:17 pm

Who knows, If I were the recruiting man I wouldnt be looking at players who only have a couple of years left in them, I would be after players who could give at least 5 years service.

I have said it before, every time we rebuild, the bottom rung breaks and we have to repair it again before we can climb off the bottom, this strategy is of no value to the club or supporters, If we dont get to be more successful this year in the way of placings, then I think there will be people moving on at a great rate of knots.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

get real

Post by woodey on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:08 am

wake up south adelaide we have a revolving gate when it comes to players ,are we all that thick that our good players go to others clubs ,its know wonder we have so many wooden spoons ask yourselves why ,ore havnt you ever played competitive sport or are your all computer freeks, look at the BOARD we have a joke for a chairman and jokers on the BOARD we have a CEO that noboby else WANTS and we are infested with non SOUTH ADELAIDE PEOPLE what the HELL DO YOU EXPECT, IF YOU WERE AT THE SPECIAL AGM YOU WOULD SEE HOW BADLY THE CLUB IS RUNNING< TO MANY PEOPLE IN HIGH POSITIONS THAT DONT GIVE A DAM ABOUT SOUTHS ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES THEY DONT HURT WHEN WE LOOSE, WAKE UP AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, DONT BE SHEEP BE IN CHARGE OF OUR DESTINY GET RID OF THESE LOOSERS.
woodey

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi Woodey.
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:16 am

Oh hell it's molley, sorry I mean woodey. Good to have you back mate. Jeeze I miss your bullshit, because I love a good laugh. As for the special general meeting I thought it went really well, but hell !! What would I know? But woodey mate, you just keep your funny stories coming. Jeeze!!! Your a funny prick. I love the one about "TO MANY PEOPLE IN HIGH POSITIONS THAT DONT GIVE A DAM ABOUT SOUTHS ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES". that's hysterical, just so funny mate, its a killer. I pissed myself laughing. Just keep 'em coming woodey. A bit of advice though and I don't want to tell you how to get your laughs, but I reckon you should try getting some new material, a lot of your stuff you've used before. it's funny, but you sort of keep going down the same old track all the time. Don't take this the wrong way woodey, I like your stuff its funny, but try having a shot at something esle, it might work. Try bagging all the good stuff that's been happening. It might work. I'll look forward to it But keep up the good work mate because we all need a good laugh and remember woodey, don't listen to anything people are saying about you, because your not a "dick head", your just a misunderstood seriously funny dude. On Yah woodey.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

New Material for Modley

Post by Spiritof64 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:06 am

bluecat wrote:....But woodey mate, you just keep your funny stories coming. Jeeze!!! Your a funny prick. I love the one about "TO MANY PEOPLE IN HIGH POSITIONS THAT DONT GIVE A DAM ABOUT SOUTHS ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES". that's hysterical, just so funny mate, its a killer. I pissed myself laughing. Just keep 'em coming woodey. A bit of advice though and I don't want to tell you how to get your laughs, but I reckon you should try getting some new material, a lot of your stuff you've used before. ........

Try this one Woolley.

It is a little-known fact that before becoming a singer, Bing Crosby ran a boarding school for boys in San Antonio, Texas. One of the boys who lived in the dorm was in the habit of taking off on Friday afternoons, going to Mexico, and getting drunk. But he kept his studies up during the week, and because his parents were wealthy and important trustees, the school took no action against him. However, one Friday afternoon he got together with a day student, and they both disappeared. The parents of the day student were concerned when their son didn't come home, so they called Bing Crosby to ask after him. Bing Crosby said, "Don't worry. Your son is soused with the boarder, down Mexico way."

Hahahahahaha I slay me. lol!
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by Porter on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:36 pm

very suprised to hear that Warren has signed at a rival SANFL club Ben W. He told me personally that he was going back to the 'Creek'! Twisted Evil very brave of him, as I seriously doubt he would get a game in some of the better sides in the league. Will be a great transfer fee for the club for a guy that has barely fired a shat in the last few years though.

btw - who did you get the quote from that the club are now saying 4 years to re-build. [/quote]

Has he actually signed anywhere? As for not firing a shot Shocked he was in the SANFL team of the year in a side that was bottom last year ( 50 goals ) and again this year we were wooden spooners. He plays Full Forward For Fugs Sake GROWL!!!! I actually reckon he would do a lot better in a decent side!!!!!!
Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:56 am

woodey wrote:wake up south adelaide we have a revolving gate when it comes to players ,are we all that thick that our good players go to others clubs ,its know wonder we have so many wooden spoons ask yourselves why ,ore havnt you ever played competitive sport or are your all computer freeks, look at the BOARD we have a joke for a chairman and jokers on the BOARD we have a CEO that noboby else WANTS and we are infested with non SOUTH ADELAIDE PEOPLE what the HELL DO YOU EXPECT, IF YOU WERE AT THE SPECIAL AGM YOU WOULD SEE HOW BADLY THE CLUB IS RUNNING< TO MANY PEOPLE IN HIGH POSITIONS THAT DONT GIVE A DAM ABOUT SOUTHS ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES THEY DONT HURT WHEN WE LOOSE, WAKE UP AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, DONT BE SHEEP BE IN CHARGE OF OUR DESTINY GET RID OF THESE LOOSERS.

From what I've been told, woodey / molley / trevor blight, it was pretty much only you and your mum that voted against the recent changes at the special AGM. are you starting to the picture that you very much representing the minority now?
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 pm

Preseason kicks off tonight I believe. (yep already)

The new season is about to begin..

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:23 pm

That has to be a positive that we are back on the track!
Plenty of hard yards ahead!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Lets hope they dont burn them selves out!!!
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum