constitution changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

constitution changes

Post by woodey on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:46 am

The changes that the Board our trying to get passed at the special AGM.
Members must ask ourselves why does a Board want to rush any changes through just before our normal AGM.
Members must ask themselves have the Board failed to deliver what we expect.
Members must ask themselves why our club was started with a President,why we would want our highly payed CEO having a vote on the Board with every decision concerning his position and the cub,why we would want to give non paying members that play the pokies the same rights as paying members of the football club,why we would want to change to number of positions on the Board,because most of the skills they are talking about should be already in place with our payed staff.
What we need are people on the Board that are hands on people that are willing to work for our club,we are and always will be a working peoples club .
So dont be fooled by there need to change ,because a vote for this is a vote for lazyness and bad decision making by this Board of non hands on people.
woodey

Back to top Go down

Re: constitution changes

Post by Handball Happy on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:17 am

If the board already has the skills of our paid staff then why would we need hands on people on the board? Unless of course your skill set suits cooking the bbq.
The theory behind a board would be that individuals on it offer experience and expertise far greater than you can get from your staff. It is arguable we have that but people get to nominate and we get to vote on it.
Im sure its easy for you to make these assessments from your lounge room as it seems you don't come to watch.
Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:13 pm

woodey wrote:The changes that the Board our trying to get passed at the special AGM.
Members must ask ourselves why does a Board want to rush any changes through just before our normal AGM.
I assume this is so we can have an election under the new structure at the AGM.

Members must ask themselves have the Board failed to deliver what we expect.
not sure relevance of this one, and assume most people would have different expectations? Anyway, maybe current structure is making if more difficult to achieve?

Members must ask themselves why our club was started with a President,
it also started wearing knicker-bockers and caps - alot changes in 140 years

why we would want our highly payed CEO having a vote on the Board with every decision concerning his position
You're being a bit michevious here, letter clearly says CEO is on Board "with restricitons"

and the cub,why we would want to give non paying members that play the pokies the same rights as paying members of the football club,
think you will find "associate members" do NOT have same rights

why we would want to change to number of positions on the Board,because most of the skills they are talking about should be already in place with our payed staff.
Happy handball has answered this well already

What we need are people on the Board that are hands on people that are willing to work for our club,we are and always will be a working peoples club .
[b]Yer right - hands on like the Football Operations Committee!!! For gods sake, we need a Board that GOVERN, not a hands-on board again, stuffing things up. That is what the staff are paid for

So dont be fooled by there need to change ,because a vote for this is a vote for lazyness and bad decision making by this Board of non hands on people.
Woody, are you Molley?
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:20 pm

woodey wrote:...,why we would want to give non paying members that play the pokies the same rights as paying members of the football club,..
I think my letter from the club said Pokies members would be non-voting associate members......

I think I must have read that bit wrong 'cos molley wolley moodey woolley woodey says I can't read.

Good luck Ben W. He's all yours Rolling Eyes
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum