Where is the Club Going???

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where is the Club Going???

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:48 pm

So at the end of 2009 the club entered a five year plan to win a premiership. It's fair to say that in year 4 of the plan we seem further away than ever to a flag.

The League team is currently bottom with 2 wins and the average losing margin is 57 points.

In 2009 the league team finished bottom with 2 wins and the average losing margin was 46 points.

At the beginning of this season the coach said he had the squad he wanted to really challenge this season. 

Given our current position I can only come up with 2 reasons what has happened from the statement above to now.
1. The coaching staff over estimated the squad it has put together which gets back to recruiting.
2. The game plan does not work for the group of players we have recruited.

My concern is if something dramatic doesn't change the club will become so irrelevant that it might as well close the doors. 
We constantly lose players to other clubs and I'm worried this could happen at the end of the year and our crowd numbers are just embarrassing. Will we even get 1200 this week I fear we may not!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is the Club Going???

Post by Panther74 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:23 pm

I think people have just about had it !!!

Sick of the promises year after year.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Where is the club going???

Who knows?, what has changed to give us these results?, why did not McKernan and Dowdell not fit into our structures? what was todays reason for 3 senior players being dropped to the reserves? was it to give 2 young blokes a taste of senior football along with the others who have been promoted so far? or was it because they missed last mondays recovery session? or have they had differences of opinions about the game plans with the coaches? The only changes that have happened is the replacement of the CEO since the beginning of the season, so is it Evans fault? another of the unanswered questions that are floating around the club. What ever it is it has to be addressed by the board , very quickly then rectified even faster.

The way things are going, players whose contract is up at the end of 2013, will be very wary of being told to stay as things are turning around for the better, they know better than all of us supporters, members and barrackers put together where the problem lies in the football department.

It has shown over the last 4 weeks that the supporters have lost interest in going to matches, taking the miserable conditions of one friday night and cold Saturdays into consideration it could be a reason for our lack of support. Even sending out free admission tickets to today's match could not garnish enthusiasm from with in.

It is now up to the football department and the board to make things happen, 'cos by sure as hell our supporter group is losing faith in those above.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:54 pm

The new membership structure this year killed off alot of supporters too.

Now giving out free tickets to home games.....a slap in the face for members who paid $195 a year!!

Change the structure to get more people to games. 

I agree Prowler.....there is some deep issue going on there. I can only guess at this stage.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:10 pm

Was having a chat with a mate the other day about our list, and tried to identify players who had actually improved this season. We came up with Brooksby and Redigolo, and at a stretch Gotch (based on his poor 2012).

We had Liddle as having maintained his 2012 form, although he did start the season slowly, and at a stretch Wundke. Always difficult to judge a FF when the team is struggling. Could probably throw Pfeiffer into this group to.

The rest..well, have gone backwards, any in some cases (Murphy, Miller etc) in quite a big way.

Apart from the Crows listed Hartigan, none of the recruits have had a significant impact. Seccull should be handy.

Like a few other posters I do fear what might happen come this off-season with player movements, and the rapid decline in crowds (the last 3 Noarlunga crowds are embarrassing) is something the club should be very concerned about. Even the "die-hards" are dropping off.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Id have to agree with all other posts to me half of our side would stuggle to get a game with other sides as for our crowds why would you bother every year I go to about 15 games a year for the last 45 years I would say take about 5 years out , of those 40 years I would be lucky to see one win in 6 games the only way to get more people going is by winning more games even for die-hards like me, cant see the light at the end of the tunnel to me we are rock bottom
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:31 am

I just can't seem to go past the player leaders, or lack of them, for where we are? When Ainger was threatening to walk out for months last year, what did the leaders do? What sort of example did our ex-captain set with his shit effort pre-season, that has come back to haunt him? What extra stuff does our magarey medallist do with our young kids like Caleb Daniel? Who flys the flag, when someone like Daniel gets knocked out? What impact have they had on mcdonald not turning up to re-hab? The coach can't do everything? These blokes need to get fingers out of their ass and take some responsibility. They are well paid, the are one of few who have an SANFL premiership coach guiding them ... They need to grow up and put the club first and themselves second.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:11 pm

There are some good points raised here. We cannot keep turning out such pathetic performances of our league team even if the club does well off the field. We will not survive, given other ongoing issues that will take their toll.

I supported the Fuller appointment after our history of poor coach selection but I have said for a long time there has been very little team spirit or leadership on the field, now there is none! We have players leaving and being dropped for various reasons, and a very poor attitude seems to be developing - not one that wins games.

Warren, Parry and Boyd have all won premiership medals after leaving us. Supporters need to have reason to believe that our club will be competitive in skills and desire and with a game plan that gives enough wins to regularly participate in finals. We have to gain respect from the opposition clubs and win games, at least at home, before we lose the next generation of supporters.

I am concerned that we are treading the same path that we have done many times before - we must stop it now and make everyone, from the board down, accountable and accept responsibility. Probably there is not just one reason alone for our situation and there are some good signs in the U18 and Reserves.
I would like to know what the Murray report said.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Whatever is going on at the club it's not good. Speaking to a work colleague who's son used to work down at the club and its not looking good for retaining players next season! There's more than a few that will be going elsewhere. I for one am not shocked.
It doesn't take Einstein to see at the games how the lack of belief and poor performances of certain players are cause for concern.
What will it take for our club to get this garbage sorted. 
Poor crowds, supporters dropping off, it's not good at all.
I have said it before a meeting between members and the club is essential in getting some questions answered.
CAN DO VISIONARY UNITED???

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:37 pm

Panther Magic, I wonder if there will be a side left in 2014???

Alarm bells surely must be ringing.

I can see with the attitude of the players/coaching staff this year that something really smells. The body language, talk on the field, backing up team mates, no encouragement for young players from the senior players.....it does not look good at all.

I think a crisis meeting needs to be had or we will be going nowhere fast.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:48 pm

When I played football I allways played to the best of my ability even if I didn't like the coach
if our players havnt got pride when they put on our jumper and just playing for there retirement plan let them go I RATHER WATCH YOUNG KIDS HAVING A GO with some pride in our jumper
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Would love to know which players people think are not putting in?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:21 pm

This supposed recovery session that McDonald missed was only brought in after the last loss of 100 points plus, I'm led to believe that this semi professional club thought it might be time to get serious only at this point.
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:28 pm

Anyone know why Stribling didn't play?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Ever heard that saying 'do as you've always done an you'll get as you've gotten'. I know for a fact that the entire pre season has consisted of the same strength routine run by some goober DeBellis that has faltered into a joke. Ron has been doing the exact some drills week after week after week after week for the past two seasons.
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:41 pm

JJH

Last edited by JJH on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:44 pm

So what u r saying is Stribling was at the beach?

Based on previous comments are you saying Ron has lost the playing group?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:46 pm

JJH

Last edited by JJH on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:47 pm

The ones not putting in are those who think they are walk up starts due to the depth in the club. Those who would rather bump than tackle, those who prefer to take a chest mark rather than putting the arms up and taking the ball in front of their eyes, those who can't fathom to pick up their opponent when we don't have the ball, those who think once passing a ball to a team mate their job is done, those who take on a leadership role for the glory and do little on match day, those who like to kick off one step, those who can't hit a target,  those who think team rules are for everyone else and not them, those who cant play to a gameplan, those who cant rise to the occasion and take control and lead by example, those who prepare poorly for training and gameday, and probably most importantly those who won't back the man in charge who has put his neck on the line by backing his boys publicly! I will never forget as a young lad hearing one day that if Barrie Robran missed a goal on match day he would be the first at training and take 50 shots at goal from the same spot before training officially started. I thought wow and asked mum to drive me to training one night to see for myself. It was true he did it I saw it with my own eyes. That's what makes a champion and true leader! How many of our boys do this?
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:48 pm

Absolutely Ron has lost the players, cause th players don't give a shit and carry on accordingly. Ron is not even up to pace with the modern game if footy that is being played by the likes of Norwood, West, North
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:50 pm

JHH r u an ex player?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:52 pm

BlackPanther wrote:The ones not putting in are those who think they are walk up starts due to the depth in the club. Those who would rather bump than tackle, those who prefer to take a chest mark rather than putting the arms up and taking the ball in front of their eyes, those who can't fathom to pick up their opponent when we don't have the ball, those who think once passing a ball to a team mate their job is done, those who take on a leadership role for the glory and do little on match day, those who like to kick off one step, those who can't hit a target,  those who think team rules are for everyone else and not them, those who cant play to a gameplan, those who cant rise to the occasion and take control and lead by example, those who prepare poorly for training and gameday, and probably most importantly those who won't back the man in charge who has put his neck on the line by backing his boys publicly! I will never forget as a young lad hearing one day that if Barrie Robran missed a goal on match day he would be the first at training and take 50 shots at goal from the same spot before training officially started. I thought wow and asked mum to drive me to training one night to see for myself. It was true he did it I saw it with my own eyes. That's what makes a champion and true leader! How many of our boys do this?

Good post but who exactly do you mean?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Yeah its Lachlan Carey here
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:03 pm

WWTFC
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:15 pm

but 110% Ron has lost the players, but some of these players arent all the talked up to be.

No leaders at the club (bar Brooksby and Redigolo (suprise they're actually local player)).

Crabb VC, Bass leadership group. But spent bulk of time in reserves. Bass only playing cause Dowdell left.
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum