Where is the Club Going???

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Where is the Club Going???

Post by BlackPanther on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:15 pm

I see the knives are out ready to do the damage. The white ants are at work. Those who cast stones in glass houses. Those who do more damage to the club than any "it's all about me" player would! At least you can weed them out!
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:49 pm

What about if SAFC became the Crows reserves side?

Send all souths money (and some players) to Sturt to fix them and you still have a 9 team competition with a at the very worst competitive South??/

Thoughts/Opinions????? 

South Adelaide Crows
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:55 am

**** off Ainger ... and get a kick by the way
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by GoPanthers on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:58 am

So what you are saying JJH is you want the club to fold and become the crows reserves side? The same club where 2 crows listed players have just left?
GoPanthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:38 am

I am concerned to read in the Advertiser today that Mark Naley states that there are several people in our club with knives out for Ron Fuller. Irrespective of whether you support Ron or not, to be working behind the scenes like that can only drag the club down and may well be contributing to where we are at, at the moment.

If we were to put together a list of all the Senior Coaches sacked from South Adelaide since the tenure of Rick Davies as coach, how many would have been sacked because they had not "lost the players" and had not had to face people in our club sticking knives into them? It worked on not one of those occassions and has kept the club chained to the bottom of the ladder IMNSHO.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:41 am

I confess that I do not know what all of the answers are to this problem, what i do know is that one of the Answers is to do whatever it takes to get John Reid to take the Presidency of our club and lead from the top down with his experience that includes guiding the AFC to two premerships and numerous tilts at the Finals. - and its not surprise to me that the AFC fell to $hit the moment he left either.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:39 am

Like the idea of John Reid returning if he wants to.

What concerns me is there seems to be a vibe that Fuller should keep his job purely on the basis that the club has sacked coaches before so they can't do it again.
I think that is the wrong mindset and you can't compare a sacked coach from the 80's or 90's with the year 2013.
Surely Ron has kpi's to meet and in year 4 of his deal I'm sure they would have been higher than bottom of the ladder so if he is not meeting those kpi's than I fully support the club reviewing his position and if needed moving him along.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by GoPanthers on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:06 pm

At the end of the day, the results on the field are not good enough. Do we blame at Ron as the head coach or the current playing list that runs onto the field every week?
I'm sure the list that played finals in 2011 is a little but different to the current list we have now. So you could blame the playing list, but on paper our list looks as good as any other SANFL club.
GoPanthers

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:33 pm

The Club should make an official statement here and take some well thought out action (not knee jerk reaction). The results are not good enough and it is damaging our future, but there are are probably many reasons. Hopefully the Club can handle this in a sensible manner.

I think John Reid in an official capacity would be very beneficial.

I don't like to hear an assertion about the coach being undermined, that happened with some of the past sackings. It doesn't matter what time period we are in but some of those were quite rightly sacked, and Mark Naley would know a fair bit about at least one of of those.
I have wondered whether Ron Fuller is too old fashioned in his dealings with the modern footballer but I thought he could implement a game plan that adapts to our own oval or even the modern game.
However if we have paid him well to turn our peformances around the he has the right to be questioned about the lack of success and to reply.The players leadership group should be questioned too.

The board and the management of the club are also not beyond reproach but having said all that there are some positives that should not be overlooked.
Tony Bamford is achieving improvement in our Under 18's and the reserves are showing some spirit.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:09 pm

From my post on another footy forum :

Interesting times once again!

Oh..... the absolute joy of being a South Adelaide supporter! 

My personal view, 5 year deal at the start was always a worry. I know it was to prove to everyone there was stability at the SAFC but I always thought 3 years with a extension if happy was a better option.

It is pretty obvious the playing group are on another planet at the moment. Terrible body language, no team cohesion, the senior players do not encourage younger players, no talk out on the field, game plans that do not work but never get changed, no one looks happy or hurt if we lose (players and coaches)...we are look like we really do not care. 

Very obvious to supporters that the playing group are not responding to the coach. There are massive issues, we can all see it.

I am worried about the future as if we do not do something quickly we will self destruct pretty quickly. One worry is the supporter base are slowly leaving...this even includes the few die hards who come out week after week. The membership is also a worry.....404 members ??? Including players.....just terrible. The club got rid of the general membership and made it to expensive for the community to afford a full membership. 

Recruitment has not been well done. The BIG names as usual have not performed to the standard and reputation they came over with. So who's fault is that?? I blame the coaching staff. They are the ones who get paid to do it. It is them who run the show. Fuller being one of the only full time coaches and on very, very good $$$'s must be accountable to the performance on the field. it is like running a company....he gets paid the BIG $$ to do it so must take responsibility for the poor performance we are dishing out. It is not like we do not have the cattle as Fuller said at the start of the year "This is the team he wants and has been waiting for.....". If the players are not getting on with Fuller then it is his responsibly to sit down and have it out with them. (Players are leaving this year......in 2014 it will be plain scary to how many more will follow!)

I have seen South play many times times year and they are getting out coached by new team plans and structures. Fuller IMO is getting left behind. He needs to look out of the square and do something different by he never does. He has KPI's that he would have to meet but he is not meeting them...surely questions must be asked????

Fuller will be the one having the last laugh. He has another year on his contract so could just sit on it and see it out .....it will be a disaster as players wont play for him....or....the club pays him out the $$$$ and we more on.

I don't know what direction this will take but I am sure something will blow up very soon......watch this space I guess!!??
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:24 pm

GoPanthers wrote:So what you are saying JJH is you want the club to fold and become the crows reserves side? The same club where 2 crows listed players have just left?

Absolutely, the South Adelaide Crows. They wouldn't have left if SAFC was the crows reserves team, an no coach would ever get the sack it'd be controlled by the crows, and to top it all off SAFC wouldn't be the rock bottom, laughing stock, joke of a club that they are
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Any other pearls of wisdom for us JJH while you're at it?

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by GoPanthers on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:18 pm

How many league games did you play for South JJH?
GoPanthers

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Who says I used to play at SAFC?
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:24 pm

If the coach loses the playing group what do you do?? 
Everyone can see with their own eyes the lack of team spirit!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:26 pm

Exactly, great observation Panther Magic.

Can anyone tell me what they think the Gameplan is?
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Get the ball and kick it through the big white sticks more times than your opposition!
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:45 pm

And why can't South?
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Because we have a history of making things bloody complicated!!! Crying or Very sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:13 am

Reading all this from the other side of the world is interesting...

Clearly everyone should be and must be disappointed with results so far this year. That includes Coaching staff, management, players, members and supporters. I must say my expectations pre season,along with many others, have been dashed.

I think that we need to condemn what has happened so far to history...but...perhaps the club needs to rule off the page, and set new goals and expectations,kpi's if you like for the period beginning now until our final game of the season. these goals must be met or...changes will happen.

Ive read a few comments stating all manner of things that are going on....some quite bizarre! ....if we become the Crows reserves side you can kiss this supporter of 55 yrs goodbye. Im pretty sure with the board we have in place it wont happen, and Im also sure that they will make the correct decision re the coach at seasons end, as stated in the press.

However ...our attendances are diminishing before our eyes, and membership numbers are appalling and the performance of our league football team-our flagship- is very poor. These factors combined are doing untold damage to our brand, this will adversely effect our ability to recruit and RETAIN players we desperately need. Also its doing damage to our ability to lure sponsorship, particularly from our local area. Our profile amongst our zone clubs would also be taking a battering.

Something must be done, but I personally have confidence in our board to see the situation, judge what must be done, then act making the right decisions in the best interests of the club.

go panthers!!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:35 am

Good balanced input.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:27 pm

Well put B&W
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Great Post B&W

However I would like to see the Board be more proactive particularly in the area of communication, particularly to its members....as at the end of the day we are stakeholders of the club & should have the right to voice our opinion of where we are at & the all important future.
 A number of years ago the club organised a meeting forum with members & supporters during a crisis period, rather than a spraying session, honest open communication was generated between Board, Football Department, Player & member/supporter  to me this demonstrated the Club's committment to unity.
A number of weeks ago the Club released a statment eluding to  internal issues that were being addressed & measures put in place to rectify......I've heard nothing since!....Maybe I'm impatient (Mind you after a 49 year drought, each of us have every right to be)....but I'm seeing little improvement....possibly the underlying issue(s) are worsening!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:37 am

Premier panther as you have stated a meeting between club and members/ supporters would be a good path to go down.
I do remember going to meetings a few years ago when we were going through a similar unsteady period.
Transparency and honesty is essential if the club is to move out of this rut. 
Our lack of support at games is extremely concerning!!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by roger ramjet on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:42 pm

JJH wrote:Ever heard that saying 'do as you've always done an you'll get as you've gotten'. I know for a fact that the entire pre season has consisted of the same strength routine run by some goober DeBellis that has faltered into a joke. Ron has been doing the exact some drills week after week after week after week for the past two seasons.
Me thinks you may not know as much as you think you do !!!!!!!
roger ramjet

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum