Where is the Club Going???

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Where is the Club Going???

Post by Panthers64 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:41 pm

I look at where we are in 2013:
We have recruited (or developed) some from very new fine players and generally the performance of those individuals has been very good. The 12 outstanding new players in 2013 include   : C DANIEL  , HAINES  , SHAW, SECCULL  , HARTIGAN, FIELDS , GIDDINGS , AH CHEE  , SCHWARZ  , SNOOK  , EDDY , MCDONALD. They  have all shown excellent talent, and maybe, they take time to blend .... it is more than half a new league team on the playing list.
Our player injury list has not been a major problem. 
The South Adelaide Board members expertise and skill set is second to none in the SANFL.
The coach has an established success at SANFL level, and there is nothing to suggest his abilities have diminished.
In my opinion ,  2 factors have changed. First the opposition teams have generally increased their skill level and have been playing a better game style than we have. Second, our general confidence in playing an aggressive, risk-taking ("corridor") style has not been apparent because of our 'fear of failure'.  I have not yet lost the belief in the team - but realise we may have been ahead of ourselves. The mantra is "a premiership by 2014!".   Guess what - South has a tradition of going from bottom to top. I hope this is still the plan!! Don't loose faith ...
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Hartigan and Shaw won't be with us next year.
Ah Chee and Snook have not done a lot in my opinion.
Schwarz looks like a player and have high hopes for Seccull and Fields.
The problem is and has been for South is keeping established players like Liddle, Cross and Stribling cause if we lose them we will be asking 19 Seccull to lead our midfield and we start again. WE MUST KEEP SENIOR PLAYERS so Seccull and Daniel can develop around them.

Agree completely with u 64 regarding our game plan is just isn't going to win us a flag!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:34 pm

I agree. Let's stick at it. We may well loose cross next year and I assume the Footy department are already looking for replacements, but one thing I feel we are better equipped for than any clubs the exit of afl players. I think we rely on them less than any other club, and some how have got money for a couple of battlers this year, when they will all walk for free next year. Tough at moment, but still believe we will get there.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Where is the Club going???

Well, after today’s result not far! Nwd 17-10 SA 7-7

Sadly the result I expected.

The club will probably accept this as a respectable loss & continue to ask for support.....truly it’s a slap in the face!Evil or Very Mad

Well done to the reserves!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:51 pm

The usual result! Disappointing to see a south supporter ripping into the team from behind the goals and then Wundke to turn around and tell him to shove it! I understand everyone's frustration but both supporter and player should know better! 
Disappointing day again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Seems the side made a stand to show their support behind the coach from today's result against Norwood.

I think it says it all really. Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Rumours on other Footy sites that 2 players for us will be putting in clearances to country clubs before the June 30th deadline. 

One top league player too!

I guess we will hear very soon ??

Not a good look if true.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:08 pm

Imo any player not their for the the right reasons can go no matter who they are!
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:39 pm

BlackPanther wrote:Imo any player not their for the the right reasons can go no matter who they are!

While I agree with this in theory, it happens way too often at our club. Either the club has little idea on how to treat and retain players, or we attract a lot of fickle, p*ss weak footballers who jump ship once the going gets a little tough, or they get demoted to the twos. Probably a combination of the two?

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:31 pm

From the way I see it and i have no insider information, if people don't get treated with a certain amount of respect, they can only put up with it for so long, and of course it reflects on their playing attitude as it does not allow them to play to their fullest potential, it goes the same way with the coaches as well, so we have a two way street leading to a dead end.

Julia just got the *#*#, is this an omen?
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Well put saintel
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Agree with Saintal we lose way too many players from our Club. Is it a Culture thing are we really united as the club says. Which players are we losing does anyone know. I have feeling that we may lose a lot if things keep going down the same path for the rest of the season!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Agree if the player(s) is not there for the right reason, they should go.....conversely its a two way street.....our track record here is not good.....the facts speak for themselves.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:14 pm

saintal wrote:
BlackPanther wrote:Imo any player not their for the the right reasons can go no matter who they are!

While I agree with this in theory, it happens way too often at our club. Either the club has little idea on how to treat and retain players, or we attract a lot of fickle, p*ss weak footballers who jump ship once the going gets a little tough, or they get demoted to the twos. Probably a combination of the two?

I think the thing about this is when Fuller was appointed we had a letter stating that there would be a certain criteria in place for new players to fulfill before signing up to the club. (like that the players really wanted to come to take South further to become a force in the SANFL).

There was also strict KPI's put in place.

It looks to me this system has not worked in some cases. Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:16 pm

Rumour has it Stribling, Pfeiffer and Ta.Brown all gone.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:25 pm

No longer rumour

"The South Adelaide Football Club advises that Toby Stribling and Todd Pfeiffer have left the club. In an environment where the Club is needing an energetic, determined and positive approach from all parties to turn around our on-field performance, Toby and Todd have asked to be released from their current playing contracts.

We understand there will be some disappointment from our supporters with this situation and we look forward to working with the playing group as they give their all to realise the potential of the team"

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Would like some information as to why they wanted to leave.  Was it just for the rumoured big $'s at East Gambier or was it something else.  This, coupled with the major decision all SANFL clubs are facing with the AFL reserves issue, leads me to think we need more information, as financial members.  If you aren't a member, I don't see how you can "demand" answers, as you don't have a vote.  Get financial!

Timely information will stop rumour, which has been rife around our club this season, from all sources, and may settle people's minds.  Otherwise the stories, true or otherwise, will continue to eat away at the confidence and attitude of all involved, supporters, members, players, volunteers, officials and staff  et al.
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:59 pm

We are imploding !!! Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Panther74 wrote:We are imploding !!! Sad

Its official now!

SAFC speak to your members now! confused
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:19 pm

Premier Panther wrote:
Panther74 wrote:We are imploding !!! Sad

Its official now!

SAFC speak to your members now! confused

Sort of get this feeling they won't talk as they dont really care anymore with the AFL reserves looking likely to come in !
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:50 pm

As much as I would love to have Todd & Stribs playing with us, the Club must work together to succeed with everyone moving in the same direction. The team is always greater than the individual. Hopefully this attitude will show on Sunday.
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:15 pm

We have officially imploded I implore every supporter to read this weeks Southern Times Messenger to get an understanding of where the coach thinks we are at.

Lets remember Ron was given 5 years to turn the club around and win us a premiership.

This is year 4 and things are just as bad as when he took over.

Today I read on the website the club is doing a review of the current situation and one of the people involved in the review is Ron Fuller.
Wait a minute I hear you say Ron is reviewing himself? Well yes he is what a complete JOKE!!!!!! Players are leaving, supporters are leaving, members are leaving and the club has a bloke reviewing himself. Well newsflash Ron has won 7 that's right 7 out of 36 home games since he has been coach and this year won 2 games total with and I quote "the squad I want". Tell me exactly what In being reviewed? We are non competitive in the league team which is Ron's responsibility!!!! Wonder If he will review himself and recommend a pay rise as I have mentioned absolute joke!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:33 pm

Drive change all you bloody well want!!! Yes it's a business but its a football team first and foremost! How many fricken reviews have we bloody well had! I've lost count of how many direction changes we have had in the past god knows how many years!!!
The constitution of the board was changed in the past couple of years apparently for the better, where to hold a post you had to be of some kind of profession where you could add value to the club. I beg to differ, there has to be at least a couple of people on the board that are derived from the membership base that have nothing but noble intentions and a different perspective for the club and team! He'll I would love to come down and have a talk to players and coaches and just see what is going on behind the scenes! I know when the chips are down people are quick to react but c'mon we are in a bad way at the moment! Yes we are passionate but what's wrong with that? I can delve back a few years at some of the meetings between members and CEO/ football committee and coaches and wonder why we took the stance of working almost solely with young players and not recruiting stuff all so therefore the coach of the time being a young Clay Sampson was in an impossible position to prosper!
I've bit my tongue to a degree but not now!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by pantherlad on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Gotta give it to South, they are certainly good at one thing.....writing letters posted on website with all the mumble jumble...of what they think we want to read....seriously, almost had enough....
pantherlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:14 pm

panther magic wrote:Drive change all you bloody well want!!! Yes it's a business but its a football team first and foremost! How many fricken reviews have we bloody well had! I've lost count of how many direction changes we have had in the past god knows how many years!!!
The constitution of the board was changed in the past couple of years apparently for the better, where to hold a post you had to be of some kind of profession where you could add value to the club. I  beg to differ, there has to be at least a couple of people on the board that are derived from the membership base that have nothing but noble intentions and a different perspective for the club and team! He'll I would love to come down and have a talk to players and coaches and just see what is going on behind the scenes! I know when the chips are down people are quick to react but c'mon we are in a bad way at the moment! Yes we are passionate but what's wrong with that? I can delve back a few years at some of the meetings between members and CEO/ football committee and coaches and wonder why we took the stance of working almost solely with young players and not recruiting stuff all so therefore the coach of the time being a young Clay Sampson was in an impossible position to prosper!
I've bit my tongue to a degree but not now!!!

Well said!!!

We a a special breed us South supporters and the club should be thankful we are still around!! Not many people put up with this BS and stick with them.

I am sure another "review" will be done at the end of the year with another promise to lead us on with a new 5 year plan.

You are right in saying the communication between supporters/members has broken down.  I thought the members nights where everything was laid out on the table and transparent was a great idea. Now, it all seems very hush hush and secret......be accountable and transparent to us!!! Evil or Very Mad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum