Where is the Club Going???

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Where is the Club Going???

Post by countrypanther on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:17 pm

As bad as the Australian Labor Party right now. I have had enough.
countrypanther

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:38 pm

The time is now for all members to write to the CEO of SAFC out lining your disapproval of the way the football department is being run.

If we the members fail to take some sort of action, then we deserve what we get.

Now is YOUR time.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:14 am

Yep - that should fix everything - great constructive solution -
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:20 am

panther magic wrote:Drive change all you bloody well want!!! Yes it's a business but its a football team first and foremost! How many fricken reviews have we bloody well had! I've lost count of how many direction changes we have had in the past god knows how many years!!!
The constitution of the board was changed in the past couple of years apparently for the better, where to hold a post you had to be of some kind of profession where you could add value to the club. I  beg to differ, there has to be at least a couple of people on the board that are derived from the membership base that have nothing but noble intentions and a different perspective for the club and team! He'll I would love to come down and have a talk to players and coaches and just see what is going on behind the scenes! I know when the chips are down people are quick to react but c'mon we are in a bad way at the moment! Yes we are passionate but what's wrong with that? I can delve back a few years at some of the meetings between members and CEO/ football committee and coaches and wonder why we took the stance of working almost solely with young players and not recruiting stuff all so therefore the coach of the time being a young Clay Sampson was in an impossible position to prosper!
I've bit my tongue to a degree but not now!!!

Sampson bought in more (dud) recruits (see below) than most years - main challenge he had was he could not coach a pig to be dirty ...

Mark Bradley (Casey Scorpions VFL), Adam Cockshell (Port Adelaide/Norwood), Simon Dean (West Adelaide), Michael Gugliotta (Nightcliff NTFL), Jak Kennedy-Hunt (Werribee VFL/Geelong Falcons), Nathan Lyons (Williamstown VFL), Nick McKenna (Burnie TAS), Lee Schmidt (Corowa-Rutherglen), Shaun McKernan (Crows listed), Jordan Johns (Power listed).
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:36 am

I wouldn't say they were all duds would you?
So the coach is responsible for all recruits?
If you were present at the meetings between club and members at the time you may recall we were told we have the talent within the club to nurture, and this was not from the coach but the sub committee of the time! Little wonder we have struggled.
Yes it's all in the past but does every coach get the same support as another?

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:48 am

They were not duds (maybe a few)... And Sampson was not solely responsible for recruiting them.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:41 am

Like anyone else I was not happy to recieve this news yesterday re Stribling and Pfiffer, it seems that it does go from bad to worse more often than not at the SAFC.

Look, I know everyone wants someone to blame for this mess and that is what it is, a total and utter mess at the moment lets be honest about that. Yet again, suppose the club sacked Ron Fuller, how much confidence do you really have that doing that would change everything? I put it to you that if the club did that then it would make not one jot of difference to where we are heading as a club. Maybe it might make some people feel better, yet there is no evidence to me that its going to change anything.

Again lets have a look at the list of Senior Coaches Sacked since Rick Davies was Sacked from the SAFC, what good did it do the club? Many good people in that list and it achieved nothing, as it will do if the club thinks that sacking our current coach will provide them with some answers.

I am on the side of reviews, but I know what they are going to find and some of the problems like more money on offer in other leagues etc are not ones that have solutions. Constant lack of success is another problem that has made a massive rod for the back of our club and so on.

There is not one single solution to the problems the club is facing, its about getting many planks put together to solve the problems. Two that I can think of straight off the bat are that our position would likely be improved if John Reid was made the President of our club and if our club had the training facilities including a lap pool to match that of the CDFC in respect to retention and training of players. A decent grandstand and wind break probably is another thing that is becoming over due.

In any event as much as it might cause howls of derision from my fellow posters here, I think that sacking Fuller is entirely the wrong thing to do and if its possible to go further backwards, that would likely do it. We had the five year plan for a reason, lets see it through and in the meantime lets make the club address some of these other issues is my suggestion to solving the problem.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:22 pm

Ben w there are many issues that the club has faced over the years and a near constant lack of success is one of them.
We had some reasonable success with John Reid but post that bugger all. One could say we have a track record not unlike the Richmond footy club of the past 20 years!
I would doubt very much John Reid will be coming to our club in a capacity as president.
Ben W either I am blind and deaf and correct if I am wrong but have you ever seen such poor onfield leadership as we currently have?
Where is the voice or standing up for a fellow team mate? Absent!!
A turnstile of coaches won't fix anything agreed, but
the buck has to stop with coach and until I and others see a team playing with spirit and pride( not necessarily winning) the dury will be out and rightly so!
If building a team is not all about results then one expects endeavour and unity. Where is it???

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:35 pm

The Growl wrote:Yep - that should fix everything - great constructive solution -

What is your solution, walk around the carpark carrying banners with :beauty:written on them.

Quote" Sampson bought in more (dud) recruits (see below) than most years"

Sampson was only there 1 season, all his recruiting was done before he took over, and we all know Clay was thrust into the job because of internal interfering with the coaches plans.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Player that left last year Justin Bollenhagen has just writen on clubs facebook that if the entire board and staff was replaced players would return, what's that all about?

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:18 pm

darley16 wrote:Player that left last year Justin Bollenhagen has just writen on clubs facebook that if the entire board and staff was replaced players would return, what's that all about?    

Saw that and he is not the only player or ex player I have heard that from.

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:00 pm

best reason yet not to change the coach or board - got to have been one of the softest players I have ever seen.

PS - Sampson bulk of 2008 after Jack Cahill walked - the above players all arrived at start of 2009 - just trying to put some facts into the untruths that Sampson was not allowed to do any recruiting and had to rely on locals only - clearly far from the case.

also find it odd how people think he is so popular, yet out of the many players that have left our club for local football, next to none followed him to Myponga?
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by pantherlad on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:48 pm

The Growl....are you comments made with your 'Supporters Hat' on or your 'ex-CEO Hat' on....

I would have thought the Football Manager would have most responsibility in recruiting 'the right' players to the club....so, the football manager recruited all these so called duds you mention...

Would be interesting to see how these 'duds' would have gone at other sanfl clubs....

pantherlad

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Growls looking through rose coloured glasses!
Things are fine Rolling Eyes

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:08 pm

Growl - towing the company/corporate line!

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by GoPanthers on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:15 pm

Very interesting reading Bollenhagens comments on Facebook. Seems to think the exodus is due to the coach and board members. Also read something a few weeks back when someone said sack Ron or players will walk. Now Stribling Pfieffer and Brown have left. Coincidence maybe?
GoPanthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:24 pm

As I recall John Reid was sacked because whiteants within the playing group called for it, How many other SAFC coaches suffered the same fate? Again, what did that achieve for the club?

Why did Bollenhagen not make the grade at the Fremantle FC? He may want to go pull the plank out of his own eye first before attempting to comment on the efforts of other people within football clubs.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:47 am

"The Calvary ain't coming folks" This is a South Adelaide problem that rears it ugly head time after time, and THERE IS NO EASY FIX. This problem will not go away by sacking Ron Fuller.
Knee jerk reactions never solve a thing. There is a deeper resolve that needs to be looked at closely. South has a culture of "a quick fix answer". Arguments to dismiss Ron are everywhere. Some are worth considering, others are just ridiculous. There is also the argument that the majority of league players who have “walked” recently, came to South Adelaide by walking away from other clubs and complaining that they weren't given a chance at their previous clubs.

There's no denying that there are always two sides to every argument, but track records need to be looked at because there is one thing that really stands out when you look closely at Ron Fuller's track record, it shows quite clearly that he does not give up . He does not walk away from a challenge. He faces it. I think that's exactly what this Club needs to do right now.

Yes! The Team seems to be fracturing at the moment and "FAULT IS THE EASIEST THING TO FIND" especially when a quick fix is demanded, but may I suggest that instead of trying to solve this issue from a position of "hear say" and innuendo. we look for a far more comprehensive point of view from which to make a decision. We need to clearly understand both side of the problem by gathering as much constructive information as possible. The answer to every problem is always in the truth. This current split can be repaired if both parties are willing to look at the problem from a truthful, informed position. If this challenge is met and the problem resolved then the team will be reunited, stronger, with a better understanding of what is required from each other in a much more cohesive way.

THE DECISIONS WE MAKE TODAY, CONSTRUCT TOMORROW'S REALITY. This Club has some fine young blokes willing to pull on the Guernsey and play for it and we need to really recognise that. We also need to find a few more like Redigolo, Brooksby and the like. The sort of blokes who won't walk away. A lot of rubble needs to be moved before you unearth a diamond. It also takes a lot of time, patience and great deal of talent to make a diamond shine.
I put this to the forum. A team of committed players, all playing for one singular goal is a very powerful thing. Almost 50 years ago South was a fractured team. The Following year on the Adelaide Oval they went top. Could history repeat itself... without changing the coach? I wonder.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by scooby68 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:12 am

H i everyone i do not usually post and i only ever hear abouth South Adelaide via the various footy forums, as i live north. However every club loses players all the time the problem bieng is we seem to lose our higher tier players. at the end of the year how many more are going to leave? All other clubs lose players but not 5 of there top 15 this happens to us every year so it is hard to keep a core group of players.

Is there a problem with coach?, game plan?, i don't know but i remember people were asking for bomber thompson to leave geelong, Alistair Clarkson to leave Hawthorn ands even Sir Alex Ferbuson to leave Manchester united. it takes time a little bit of pain but time.

Is the reason the players are leaving for money i doubt it would Ben Warren be getting the same money from Norwood as he was from South maybee but was brought back into the system because of the possibility of success. success breeds success.
Our club will survive this year and will be around next year, we have to unite and stick hard at it need to encourage the boars as everybody has been saying to be transparent, encourage new members with better packages, i am not a finacial member lucky to get to 1-2 games but would join up if the price was right.

I just hope we don't lose to many more of our top players at then end of the year and keep our core group.

go you panfers.
scooby68

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:19 pm

To bluecat you made a lot of sense when Ron Fuller came to the club we were a basket club in every grade as you said Ron is no quitter I would let him coach to see his contract out Im sure hes gutted like us all I don't think changing the coach is going to solve much
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Why are Crowds dropping? Why is membership dropping? Why do the better players leave??? Ken Mcgregor has Port Magpies playing really good football with a squad that last year looked ordinary the right coach can get results the wrong coach everyone walks away!!!!!!!!
You might as well rename the club the Ron Fuller club he will be the only one left!!!!!
I'll be there tomorrow but I dont think we will win what does that say???? Watch for Cross and Wundke to leave but that's okay we have Ron!!!!!
Those who support him I assume you will want him to be reappointed???? You would reappoint him after this record 7 wins at home from 36 games??? If you really think that is good enough I say you are part of the problem also!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Sadly the only thing success seems to breed at our club is white ants. As evidenced by what happened to Robert Pyman after 1996, and we take forever to recover from the implosion.
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:26 pm

The sad thing about sacking Robert Pyman he took the club to court, pretty sure the club settle outside of court and costed us a lot of money and where did we finish the year after bottom or close to bottom who had the last laugh IVE been brought up a contract is a contract if our football department thought he needed five years let honour it unless someone want to be a white knight and donate one hundred thousand dollars to pay RON out and to replace him with another white knight as Roy LAIRD HAS SAID IF YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE JUMPER GO maybe we could learn something from that we have five local lads playing against west how many years have we had that
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:48 am

Daniel Bass requested a clearance to Willunga in GSFL. Is he the next to go??

Shouldn't it be the other way around. The SAFC working their zone an recruiting some the talent running around in that league?
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:23 am

paul wrote:The sad thing about sacking Robert Pyman he took the club to court, pretty sure the club settle outside of court and costed us a lot of money and where did we finish the year after bottom or close to bottom who had the last laugh IVE been brought up a contract is a contract if our football department thought he needed five years let honour it unless someone want to be a white knight and donate one hundred thousand dollars to pay RON out and to replace him with another white knight as Roy LAIRD HAS SAID IF YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE JUMPER GO maybe we could learn something from that we have five local lads playing against west how many years have we had that

Interesting points what baffles me is Roy Laird is happy to have James Boyd play for centrals but I guess he wasn't good enough for South!!!!!
I personally think its a good thing supporters are showing passion and turning the heat up on the club for too long South has accepted mediocrity. Also think it is unfair to tarnish current board with what previous boards have done regarding sacking coaches. If South are doing their due diligence with this current review I don't see how the club can say Ron Fuller has met his KPI's this year. Recruiting for the 2011 season was fantastic but this year not so good the heat needs to be turned up there also. Baffles me how we can pick guys like Ah Chee and Snook over local talent cause from what I have seen those 2 won't be winning us any premierships off their own boot!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum